India vs Pakistan Highlights: Pakistan Hold Nerves To Beat India By 5 Wickets In Thriller
India vs Pakistan, Asia Cup 2022, Super 4, Highlights: Pakistan on Sunday defeated India by five wickets in a thrilling Asia Cup Super-4 clash at the Dubai International Stadium.
India vs Pakistan, Asia Cup 2022, Super 4, Highlights: Chasing a target of 182, Mohammad Rizwan smashed 71 off 51 balls to propel Pakistan to a five-wicket win over India in an Asia Cup Super-4 clash at the Dubai International Stadium. Pakistan had got off to a shaky start after Babar Azam (14) was dismissed in the fourth over by Ravi Bishnoi. Fakhar Zaman too failed to leave his mark as he was dismissed on a score of 15 by Yuzvendra Chahal. Rizwan and Mohammad Nawaz then stitched a crucial partnership, adding 84 runs for the third wicket. Both Rizwan and Nawaz (41) were dismissed in quick succession by Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya, respectively. With Pakistan needing 26 off the last two overs, Bhuvneshwar leaked 19 runs in the penultimate over as the match slipper away from India's grasp. Earlier, Virat Kohli starred with the bat as India posted a strong total of 181 for seven in 20 overs against Pakistan in the ongoing Asia Cup Super-4 clash. Pakistan have started off strong in the chase, with Rizwan hitting the first ball for a boundary and Babar Azam also finding the boundary in the first over. Kohli hit a brilliant 60 off just 44 balls, hitting four boundaries and six. Kohli crossed the 50-run mark creaming a six over deep midwicket. He eventually got run out after a direct hit from the deep by Asif Ali. Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul had earlier given a strong start, collecting 54 runs in the first five overs. However, India lost an array a wickets, which slowed down their momentum in the middle overs. Ravi Bishnoi struck two important boundaries, but got a helping hand from Fakhar Zaman, as India ended their innings on a positive note. Earlier, Pakistan had won the toss and opted to bowl. (SCORECARD)
India: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant (w), Deepak Hooda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Ravi Bishnoi
Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Khushdil Shah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Hasnain
Asia Cup Highlights Between India and Pakistan straight from Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- 23:38 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live: It's a wrap!Okay guys, that's it from this match. Hope you liked our coverage. For more sports action, stay connected to NDTV Sports. Goodbye...
- 23:34 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: All-round show from Mohammad NawazMohammad Nawaz returned figures of 1 for 25 in his four overs before scoring a crucial 42-run knock off 20 balls to take his team through.
- 23:28 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: What a game it was!Pakistan were ahead in the 182-run chase for majority of the time but India kept the game on the edge with some good fight on the field. However, they were Pakistan, who emerged as the winner of the closely-fought contest.
- 23:25 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: Pakistan win!!!A full toss from Arshdeep Singh and Iftikhar Ahmed hits it for a couple to help Pakistan win the game by 5 wickets.
- 23:22 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: WICKET! Pakistan need 2 runs in 2 ballsArshdeep Singh has trapped Asif Ali in front of the stumps and Pakistan now need 2 runs off 2 balls. Umpire raised his finger but Asif still took a review to see it getting wasted.PAK 180/5 (19.4)
- 23:20 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: Pakistan need 2 runs in 3 ballsDo we have a game here? Pakistan need two more to win off 3 balls.PAK 180/4 (19.3)
- 23:17 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: India penalizedIndia have one fielder less outside the 30-yard circle due to their slow over rate.
- 23:15 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: FOUR! Pakistan need 7 off 6 balls19 runs came off the penultimate over bowled by Bhuvneshwar Kumar and that leaves only 7 runs for Arshdeep Singh to defend in the last 6 balls.PAK 175/4 (19)
- 23:13 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: FOUR!Khushdil Shah has hit a four and Pakistan get closer to the target. They need 12 more to win in 8 balls.PAK 170/4 (18.4)
- 23:11 (IST)Live Cricket Score: SIX!Take it! A slower ball from Bhuvneshwar Kumar outside off stump and Asif Ali picked the bones out of the dead meat. The ball went for a big six over long-on.PAK 164/4 (18.2)
- 23:09 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: Pakistan need 26 runs in 12 ballsEight runs came off Ravi Bishnoi's fourth over. Pakistan need 26 more in 12 balls.PAK 156/4 (18)
- 23:06 (IST)Live Cricket Score: Catch dropped!Arshdeep Singh dropped the catch of Asif Ali at backward point. Bishnoi did the job by producing an outside edge from Asif Ali's bat but Arshdeep failed to complete the catch.PAK 151/4 (17.3)
- 23:04 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: India waste review!Ravi Bishnoi bowled it down the leg side to Asif Ali. Umpire gave it a wide but Rishabh Pant's appeal convinced Rohit Sharma to go upstairs for a caught behind. Replays confirmed that there was no edge.PAK 151/4 (17.2)
- 22:58 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: Pakistan need 34 runs in 18 ballsNine runs and a wicket came off Hardik Pandya's final over. Pakistan need 34 runs more to win off 18 balls. The game is on!PAK 148/4 (17)
- 22:56 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: WICKET! Rizwan departs on 71Hardik Pandya has provided India a big breakthrough. He bowled a slower ball on the tramline to Mohammad Rizwan and the latter hit it into the hands of long-off fielder Suryakumar Yadav. He departs on 71 off 51 balls.PAK 147/4 (16.5)
- 22:52 (IST)Live Cricket Score: FOUR!That's a poweful pull shot from Mohammad Rizwan for a four. Hardik Pandya bowled it short and got punished.PAK 144/3 (16.2)
- 22:51 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: Good fieldingDeepak Hooda made a really good save at cow corner. Only four runs came off Bhuvneshwar Kumar's third over and Pakistan need 43 more in 24 balls.PAK 139/3 (16)
- 22:47 (IST)India vs Pakistan Score: WICKET! Nawaz departsMohammad Nawaz has been dismissed by Bhuvneshwar Kumar. The slower ball did the trick for the Indian pacer. Nawaz hit the ball into the hands of Deepak Hooda at long-on. He departs on 42 off 20 balls.PAK 136/3 (15.3)
- 22:44 (IST)Live Score: Kohli out of fieldVirat Kohli is not fielding for India. He in the dugout. Meanwhile, Pakistan need 47 more to win off the remaining 30 balls.PAK 135/2 (15)
- 22:41 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: FOUR!Mohammad Rizwan goes deep into the crease and creams the ball for a four to deep backward point.PAK 132/2 (14.4)
- 22:39 (IST)India vs Pakistan Score: Back-to-back FOURS!Another sweep shot from Nawaz for a four.PAK 127/2 (14.2)
- 22:39 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: FOUR!Mohammad Nawaz sweeps Yuzvendra Chahal's delivery for a four on the leg side.PAK 123/2 (14.1)
- 22:37 (IST)India vs Pakistan Score: FOUR!This is poor bowling from Hardik Pandya. He bowled a quick bouncer to Nawaz with the fine leg inside the circle. Nawaz did get an edge but the ball flew over wicketkeeper's head for a four.PAK 118/2 (13.5)
- 22:35 (IST)India vs Pakistan Score: FOUR!Mohammad Nawaz is playing a blinder here in Dubai. This time he has slashed Hardik Pandya for a four over cover. He is on 28 off 12 balls.PAK 114/2 (13.3)
- 22:29 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: FOUR!Pakistan are going really good! Mohammad Nawaz has hit the ball straight down the ground for a four.PAK 105/2 (12.4)
- 22:28 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live: Fifty for Rizwan!A couple and with it, Mohammad Rizwan races to his fifty in 37 balls. He has kept Pakistan going in this innings.PAK 100/2 (12.2)
- 22:26 (IST)00:00 Ind vs Pak Live Score: Pakistan need 86 runs in 48 balls10 runs came off Ravi Bishnoi's third over and Pakistan now need 86 more to win in 48 balls.PAK 96/2 (12)
- 22:24 (IST)Ind vs Pak Score: SIX!Mohammad Nawaz fetches it from the off stump for a big six on the leg side.PAK 94/2 (11.3)
- 22:22 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: Pakistan need 96 runs in 54 balls10 runs came off Yuzvendra Chahal's third over and that sees Pakistan needing 96 runs off the remaining 54 balls. No need to mention that India need a wicket here or Rizwan will make things reallly hard for them.PAK 86/2 (11)
- 22:19 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: SIX!This is a powerful shot from Mohammad Rizwan for a six. He got across the stumps and Chahal made his work easier by bowing a full toss.PAK 82/2 (10.1)
- 22:17 (IST)Ind vs Pak Live Score: Pakistan need 106 runs in 60 ballsPakistan have scored 76 runs at the loss of two wickets after 10 overs. They need 106 more to win off the remaining 60 balls. Meanwhile, all the Indian bowlers, barring Hardik Pandya, have fared well. The all-rounder has leaked 23 runs in two overs.PAK 76/2 (10)
- 22:13 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: SIX!Not in the slot from Hardik Pandya yet Mohammad Nawaz managed to hit him over long-on for a six.PAK 74/2 (9.2)
- 22:12 (IST)Ind vs Pak Match: FOUR! Poor fieldingA better fielding from Arshdeep Singh at short third man could have saved three runs for India. Mohammad Nawaz cut the Chahal delivery in front of Arshdeep, who failed to get his hand on the ball.PAK 67/2 (9)
- 22:09 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: WICKET! Fakhar falls on 15Yuzvendra Chahal finally gets his revenge! He invited Fakhar Zaman to go for a big one only to trap the latter on his individual score of 15.PAK 63/2 (8.4)
- 22:08 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: FOUR!An inside out shot from Fakhar Zaman for a four over cover fielder.PAK 63/1 (8.3)
- 21:56 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: SIX!As good as you like it! It was a short-of-length ball from Arshdeep Singh and Mohammad Rizwan carved it over backward square leg for a six.PAK 43/1 (5.3)
- 21:53 (IST)Ind vs Pak Match: FOUR!An improvised shot from Mohammad Rizwan for a four. He had his heart in his mouth as his shot went past Yuzvendra Chahal at short third man by a small margin.PAK 36/1 (5)
- 21:50 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: FOUR!Superb placement from Fakhar Zaman! He create room for himself and pierced the gap between point and gully fielders.PAK 31/1 (4.4)
- 21:49 (IST)India Vs Pakistan Live: FOUR!Not a good start for Hardik Pandya. He bowled short and Mohammad Rizwan hit the ball towards backward square leg region for a four.PAK 26/1 (4.1)
- 21:46 (IST)Ind vs Pak score: WICKET! Babar is goneRavi Bishnoi has got the big fish in his first over. It was a short ball and Babar played it into the hands of short mid-wicket. Umpire made the players wait to check the front-foot of Bishnoi which was eventually found out to be marginally inside the line.PAK 22/1 (3.4)