India vs Pakistan Highlights: All-Round Hardik Pandya Helps India Beat Pakistan In Asia Cup Nail-Biter
Ind vs Pak Highlights: Hardik Pandya showed nerves of steel to steer India to a thrilling five-wicket win over Pakistan in an Asia Cup Group A match at the Dubai International Stadium
Asia Cup 2022, India vs Pakistan Highlights: Hardik Pandya showed nerves of steel to steer India to a thrilling five-wicket win over Pakistan in an Asia Cup Group A match at the Dubai International Stadium. Chasing a target of 148, Hardik hit three boundaries and a six in the last two overs to take India home with two balls to spare. Pandya remained unbeaten on 33, while both Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja played knocks of 35 each to give India a decent platform. Earlier, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya starred with the ball as India bowled out Pakistan for 147 in the Asia Cup clash in Dubai. Bhuvneshwar picked four for 26, while Hardik also returned with figures of three for 25 after India invited Pakistan to bat at the Dubai International Stadium. The Indian pacers targetted Pakistan batters with short ball. Bhuvneshwar Kumar gave India the perfect start by picking up the big wicket of Babar Azam. Avesh Khan then removed the dangerous Fakhar Zaman within the powerplay to put Rohit Sharma's team in a great position. Bhuvneshwar and Hardik cleaned up the Pakistan tail. Rizwan top-score with a fine 43, before Shahnawaz Dahani and Haris Rauf took Pakistan to a respectable total. Earlier, Rishabh Pant did not find a place in India's playing XI as Dinesh Karthik was given a nod over the youngster. (SCORECARD)
Playing XIs -
India: Rohit Sharma (capt.), KL Rahul (vc), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, B Kumar, Y Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan
Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan, Babar Azam (capt.), Fakhar Zaman, Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali, I Ahmed, Shadab Khan (vc), Mohammad Nawaz, Shahnawaz Dahani, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah
Here are the Highlights of Asia Cup match between India and Pakistan straight from Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- 00:13 (IST)Ind vs Pak: It's a wrapOkay guys, that's all we have had from here. Hope you liked our coverage of the thrilling India vs Pakistan clash. For more sports action, keep following NDTV Sports. Until we meet again, goodbye!
- 23:51 (IST)Ind vs Pak: Error in judgement from Babar AzamIndia vs Pakistan: Babar Azam's lack of proper planning played a big role in Pakistan's loss to India. He burned out all of his fast bowlers' quota till the 19th over itself to leave a lot on luck as a spinner bowled the final over for Pakistan. With Hardik and Jadeja at crease and Dinesh Karthik to be followed next, India knew that it was their game to lose.
- 23:41 (IST)Ind vs Pak: SIX! India win the game!!!!India vs Pakistan: India win!!! Hardik Pandya caps it off with a superb six over long-on. This man is so confident about his shots! It was fired in by Nawaz but Hardik slammed the ball over the boundary ropes as if it is a daily affair for him. It is indeed! India win the game by 5 wickets.IND 148/5 (19.4)
- 23:37 (IST)Ind vs Pak: FOUR! India need 7 in 6 ballsIndia vs Pakistan: That's a brilliant pul shot from Hardik Pandya for a four towards cow corner and he might have sealed the game for India with that shot. The Rohit Sharma-led side needs 7 runs more to win off the last over that will be bowled by Mohammad Nawaz.IND 141/4 (19)
- 23:30 (IST)Ind vs Pak: India need 21 in 12India vs Pakistan: 11 runs came off the 18th over and India need 10.5 runs per over from here. Even if they manage to get 7-8 runs off the 19th over that will be bowled by Haris Rauf, it will be their game as a spinner will be bowling the last over for Pakistan.IND 127/4 (18)
- 23:27 (IST)
- 23:20 (IST)Ind vs Pak: India need 32 in 18India vs Pakistan: This match is still on the edge. Nine runs came off Rauf's over and India need 32 more in 18 balls. Must note that Pakistan pacers have only two overs left which means one of the spinners will be bowling the third over, most probably Mohammad Nawaz.IND 116/4 (17)
- 22:55 (IST)Ind vs Pak: Pakistan lose reviewIndia vs Pakistan: Shahnawaz Dahani bowled a short ball to Ravindra Jadeja down the leg side. The Indian southpaw missed his pull but Pakistan appealed for the wicket. Umpire remained unmoved and Babar Azam half-heartedly decided to go upstairs only to lose a review eventually.IND 85/3 (13.2)
- 22:25 (IST)Ind vs Pak: Wicket! Rohit is outIndia vs Pakistan: This is poor batting from Rohit Sharma. India had already got nine runs off the over, yet Rohit tried to attack Mohammad Nawaz on latter's last delivery and perished in the process. He mishit the ball to long-off and departed on 12 off 18 balls.IND 50/2 (8)