India vs Afghanistan Highlights, IND vs AFG Live Cricket Score, World Cup 2019: Mohammed Shami Takes Hat-Trick As India Survive Afghanistan Scare
India vs Afghanistan Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Jasprit Bumrah sent both set Afghanistan batsmen back to the pavillion in the same over to bring India back in the game.
Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami held their nerves in crunch situation and executed their plans perfectly in the death overs to help see-off Afghanistan resistance and eventually beta them beat by 11 runs in a nail-biting encounter at The Rose Bowl Stadium in Southampton. Shami completed became the second Indian bowler in the history of World Cup to complete a hat-trick after Chetan Sharma achieved the feat in 1987 World Cup, also played in England. Indian batsmen failed to deliver for the first time in the tournament and finished the innings at 224/8. Afghanistan lost the first wicket early. They added decent runs for the second and third wickets and put pressure back on the Indian bowlers. Bumrah struck twice in the 29th over to get India back in the game. From there on Indian bowlers kept picking wickets at regular intervals and pushed Afghanistan on the backfoot. Bumrah bowled a tidy penultimate over and Shami's hat-trick in the final over sealed the match in India's favour. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between India vs Afghanistan, Straight From The Rose Bowl, Southampton.
- 22:50 (IST)49th over...Ball 1: Bumrah starts the over with a yorker, no run. Ball 2: Mohammad Nabi charges down and turns the yorker into a full-toss and comes back for two easy runs. Ball 3: Another perfect yorker by Bumrah and Nabi takes a single. Ball 4: Bumrah delivers another yorker, the ball goes straight to fielder, no run. Ball 5: Another yorker and just a single. Ball 6: Bumrah finishes the over with another yorker.
- 21:58 (IST)Four!Mohammed Shami goes full and marginally wide to Najibullah Zadran who lofts it over mid-off fielder towards vacant long-off boundary. Shami concedes eight in the over and Afghanistan get close to the target slowly and steadily.
- 21:56 (IST)Kuldeep finishes his quotaIndia's chinaman finishes his full quota of overs with another tidy over as he concedes just three in his last over. His final figure is 0/39 in 10 overs. Though he didn't pick up any wickets, he bowled in tight areas from the other end which allowed others to reap the benefit.
- 21:13 (IST)Bumrah strikes twice in overJasprit Bumrah picks up the second wicket in one over to bring India back in the match. Hashmatullah Shahidi departs for 0. The ball was pitched short but there was not enough bounce, Shahidi wanted to play it on the on-side but pops it straight back to Bumrah. Good thing for India is two new Afghanistan batsmen are at the crease. Bumrah finishes the over without conceding a run.
Jasprit Bumrah conjured his magic to send back both set batsmen!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 22, 2019
WATCH his double strike on the official #CWC19 app
ANDROID https://t.co/Lsp1fBwBKR pic.twitter.com/DrSNVkVH7I
- 21:11 (IST)Bumrah gets breakthrough...Jasprit Bumrah bangs in a well-directed short ball to Rahmat Shah who goes for a pull and gets the top-edge which goes to fine-leg where Chahal take a brilliant catch. It was much-needed breakthrough for India.