Bangladesh vs Afghanistan Highlights, Ban vs Afg Live Cricket Score, World Cup 2019: Shakib Al Hasan Stars As Bangladesh Thrash Afghanistan By 62 Runs
Bangladesh vs Afghanistan Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Shakib Al Hasan derailed Afghanistan's chase with a fine bowling effort.
Bangladesh defeated Afghanistan by 62 runs at The Rose Bowl in Southampton on Monday to keep their hopes alive of reaching the semi-finals. After being asked to bat first, Bangladesh posted a fighting total on board, scoring 262 for seven against Afghanistan on a tricky surface at The Rose Bowl in Southampton. Mushfiqur Rahim top-scored with a gritty 83, powering Bangladesh past the 250-run mark. His 87-ball 83-run knock was laced with four boundaries and a six. Shakib Al Hasan was yet again remarkable with both bat and ball. He reclaimed top spot on the World Cup 2019 leading run-scorers list with a fine 69-ball 51-run inning. With the ball, he picked up his second ODI five-wicket haul to give Bangladesh their third win of the ongoing World Cup 2019. For Afghanistan, their batting once again let them down. Samiullah Shinwari remained unbeaten at 49 and captain Gulbadin Naib scored a valiant 47, but the rest of batsmen failed to deliver the goods. Mujeeb Ur Rahman was the leading wicket-taker for Afghanistan, ending with figures of 3/39 in his 10 overs. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between Bangladesh vs Afghanistan, Straight from The Rose Bowl, Southampton
- 22:33 (IST)5/29 for the number one all-rounder!Shakib Al Hasan is having the tournament of his life in England. With the bat or with the ball, he has been absolutely magnificent. Shakib ended his spell with figures of 5 for 29.
- 22:04 (IST)Required rate too high!Bangladesh are completely dominating the game with required rate reaching 9.36.
Afghanistan are six down - Bangladesh have taken full control of this match.— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 24, 2019
Follow the rest of the game on the #CWC19 app
ANDROID https://t.co/Lsp1fBwBKR pic.twitter.com/Djez3BExEK
- 21:44 (IST)Afghanistan need 131 runs to win off 15 overs!So, Afghanistan need to change the gears if they want to make it from here. They need 131 runs off 15 overs.Note: Three overs of Shakib are still their! He is spinning a web around Afghanistan batsmen.
- 21:28 (IST)OUT!Shakib strikes yet again! This man is unstoppable. Slog sweep goes wrong for Asghar Afghan (20) as Sabbir Rahman (sub) takes a simple catch at deep square leg. Fourth wicket for Shakib.
- 21:17 (IST)Mahmudullah injured!Injured Mahmudullah is sitting in dressing room owing to calf injury.
- 21:11 (IST)OUT!Another one goes! Take a bow, Shakib Al Hasan! Gets a big fish as Nabi goes for a duck!Third wicket for Shakib. It seems that the tournament belongs to Shakib Al Hasan. Afghanistan in trouble.
- 21:08 (IST)OUT!BIG WICKET! Shakib strikes again as Afghanistan skipper Gulbadin Naib 47 (75) is out.
- 20:42 (IST)OUT!STUMPED! Hashmatullah Shahidi's 30-ball 11-run struggle comes to an end! Mosaddek strikes.
Bangladesh are rewarded for their sustained spell of pressure on the Afghanistan batsmen!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 24, 2019
Mosaddek dismisses Hashmatullah, who is smartly stumped by Mushfiqur for 11.#CWC19 | #BANvAFG pic.twitter.com/jvOCvJX2hX
- 20:31 (IST)Mehidy Hasan at his best!Mehidy Hasan's disciplined bowling is making things tough for Afghanistan as they are even struggling in rotating the strike.
- 20:05 (IST)OUT!Bangladesh install spin bowling and gets a breakthrough! Well-set Rahmat departs at 24. That shot was not the need of the hour, taken at mid-on.
Afghanistan's openers made a solid start but Shakib Al Hasan has intervened with the removal of Rahmat Shah.— ICC (@ICC) June 24, 2019
Make sure to download the #CWC19 app to follow the action
ANDROID https://t.co/cVREQ16w2N pic.twitter.com/OcwuB9Zg9n