WPL 2023, GG vs MI, Highlights: Harmanpreet Kaur, Amelia Kerr Star As Mumbai Indians Rout Gujarat Giants
Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians, WPL 2023 Highlights: Saika Ishaque scalped four while Amelia Kerr and Nat Sciver-Brunt took two wickets each as Mumbai Indians bundled out Gujarat Giants for 64 runs to win the game by 143 runs.
Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians, WPL 2023 Highlights: Saika Ishaque scalped four while Amelia Kerr and Nat Sciver-Brunt took two wickets each as Mumbai Indians bundled out Gujarat Giants for 64 runs to win the game by 143 runs. Earlier, Harmanpreet Kaur hit 65 runs off 30 balls while Amelia Kerr scored 45 not out off 24 balls as Mumbai Indians posted 207 for 5 in the Women's Premier League opener against Gujarat Giants on Saturday. Hayley Matthews also contributed with 47 runs off 31 balls. Gujarat Giants skipper Beth Mooney had won the toss and opted to bowl first in the game. (SCORECARD)
Mumbai Indians Playing XI: Harmanpreet Kaur, Yastika Bhatia, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Hayley Matthews, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Humaira Kaazi, Amelia Kerr, Amanjot Kaur, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque.
Gujarat Giants Playing XI: Beth Mooney, S Meghana, Harleen Deol, Ashleigh Gardner, Annabel Sutherland, Hemalatha D, Georgia Wareham, Sneh Rana, Tanuja Kanwer, Monica Patel, Mansi Joshi.
Here are the Highlights of the WPL match between Gujarat Giants and Mumbai Indians, straight from DY Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai:
- 23:14 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Saika Ishaque gets the wicket of Monica Patel and that's it for Gujarat Giants as Beth Mooney is injured and won't come out to bat. Mumbai Indians win the game by 143 runs. What a start for Harmapreet Kaur and Co. in the tournament.GGT 64 (15.1)
- 22:51 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!3rd wicket for Saika Ishaque! Mumbai Indians are closing in on a win here in Navi Mumbai. They need only two more wickets to kick off their Women's Premier League campaign with a win. It only seems a matter of time now.GGT 49/8 (12.4)
- 22:40 (IST)WPL Live: SIX!Another powerful strike from Dayalan Hemalatha for a six. This time it goes straight over the bowler's head for a six. Hemalatha might not look like a dangerous batter, but she has got some real power to play big shots.GGT 44/7 (10.4)
- 22:36 (IST)WPL Live: SIX!Dayalan Hemalatha has hit Amelia Kerr's delivery for a six over long-on. It was a powerful hit from Hemalatha as it comfortably cleared the ropes.GGT 30/7 (9.2)
- 22:27 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Second wicket for Amelia Kerr in the over as Tanuja Kanwar has been caught out at cover. She gave an easy catch to Nat Sciver-Brunt and depated for a 3-ball duck. Mumbai Indians are only three wickets away from victory.GGT 23/7 (7.4)
- 22:25 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!What a game Amelia Kerr is having! She has struck on the first ball. Sneh Rana departs for the score of 1 off 2 balls. She was trapped in front of the stumps and umpire raised her finger. Rana deciced to review, but the ball tracker suggested that it would clipped the leg stump.GGT 23/6 (7.1)
- 22:20 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Saika Ishaque gets better of Georgia Wareham and you can see the happinness on the eyes of Mumbai Indians captain Harmanpreet Kaur. The required run rate is over 14 for Gujarat Giants with half of the team in the dugout. Mumbai are all over them.GGT 22/5 (6.5)
- 22:18 (IST)WPL Live: FOUR!Wow! That's a beautiful shot from Georgia Wareham for four. Saika Ishaque pitched it a tad short outside off stump and Wareham hit it through the cover region for a boundary.GGT 22/4 (6.2)
- 22:16 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Another one bites the dust! Gujarat Giants are four down at the score of 12 in 4.4 overs.
- 22:03 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Second wicket for Natalie Sciver-Brunt! She is having a good game. First contributed with the bat and now contributing with the ball. Sciver has cleaned up Sabbhineni Meghana and Gujarat Giants are three down with the required rate going further up.GGT 5/3 (2.3)
- 21:58 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!That's a big wicket for Mumbai Indians as Ashleigh Gardner is out for a golden duck. Gujarat Giants are in trouble.
- 21:53 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Nat Sciver-Brunt gets the wicket of Harpeen Deol after GG opener Beth Mooney walks off the field due to injury.GGT 1/1 (1)
- 21:46 (IST)WPL Live: 2nd innings underway!The second innings has kicked off with Beth Mooney and Sabbhineni Meghana opening the batting. Nat Sciver-Brunt is bowling the first over. Here we go!
- 21:36 (IST)WPL Live: Mumbai post 207/5!15 runs came off the last over bowled by Sneh Rana and Mumbai Indians have crossed the 200-run mark. This is a big total to chase for Gujarat Giants. Will they succeed or perish? We will discover that in the second innings soon.MIW 207/5 (20)
- 21:27 (IST)WPL Live: 15-run over!Gujarat Giants were planning for Amelia Kerr but Pooja Vastrakar came out of syllabus. She hit Ashleigh Gardner for three fours in the penultimate over.MIW 192/4 (19)
- 21:21 (IST)WPL Live: Amelia Kerr continues to attack!Amelia Kerr has struck back-to-back fours to Annabel Sutherland and that keeps Mumbai Indians well on route to a big target. They can think of getting to 200 from here. If Amelia stays any longer, they can easily get past it.MIW 174/4 (17.2)
- 21:18 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Harmanpreet Kaur is out for the score of 65 off 30 balls. Sneh Rana gets the wicket as Mumbai Indians are four down.MIW 166/4 (17)
- 21:16 (IST)WPL Live: FOUR!Wow! How good a shot that is from Harmanpreet Kaur over extra cover for a four. She played that lofted shot beautifully.MIW 165/3 (16.4)
- 21:12 (IST)WPL Live: Fifty for Hamanpreet Kaur!Hamanpreet Kaur has raced to her half-century in only 22 balls. She is on fire today. What an innings this has been from the Mumbai Indians captain! She was looking in fine touch ever since she started her innings.
- 21:07 (IST)WPL Live: Expensive over! 21 came off it!Amelia Kerr started the over of left-arm pacer Monica Patel with a four before Harmanpret Kaur struck four fours on the trot. A total of 21 runs came off the over - the most expensive over of the innings so far.MIW 145/3 (15)
- 20:56 (IST)WPL Live: Back-to-back FOURS!Harmanpreet Kaur is making fun of the Gujarat Giants bowlers. She has hit consecutive fours to Annabel Sutherland.MIW 111/3 (12.3)
- 20:52 (IST)WPL Live: Harmanpreet on fire!Mumbai Indians captain Harmanpreet Kaur has just come to the crease but she is breathing fire! She has faced only 10 balls and hit four of them for boundaries. The right-hander is batting at a strike rate of 200 currently.MIW 98/3 (11.4)
- 20:47 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!One brings two! Ashleigh Gardner has cleaned up Hayley Matthews as the latter misses her half-century by only three runs. More importantly, two new batters will have the responsibility to keep Mumbai going from here. Gujarat are back in the game!MIW 77/3 (10)
- 20:40 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!The 54-run partnership between Hayley Matthews and Nat Sciver-Brunt is finally broken. Georgia Wareham traps the batter at mid-off where Sneh Rana takes the catch. Natalie departs for 23 (18).MIW 69/2 (8.5)
- 20:37 (IST)WPL Live: SIX!In the slot from Georgia Wareham and Hayley Matthews hits it for a biggie. She is an extremely powerful batter!MIW 68/1 (8.2)
- 20:34 (IST)WPL Live: Two SIXES in one over!Easy pickings for Hayley Matthews as the ball goes for sixes. While the first one was a shot over the long leg, the second one was a powerful one over the cow corner.MIW 61/1 (8)
- 20:32 (IST)WPL Live: FOUR!Nat Sciver-Brunt walks across the wicket and hits Georgia Wareham's delivery for a four. The fine-leg was inside the circle so the batter just had to beat the fielder.MIW 49/1 (6.5)
- 20:27 (IST)PL Live: 9-run over from Tanuja Kanwar!That's another good over for Mumbai Indians! Nine runs came off it and they have got to a decent total in the powerplay.MIW 44/1 (6)
- 20:23 (IST)WPL Live: Back-to-back FOURS!A poor short ball on the hips from Monica Patel and she gets the perfect treatment from Nat Sciver-Brunt. The batter hit it for a four towards fine leg. On the next ball, a misfield awards Sciver another four. 13 runs came off the over.MIW 35/1 (5)
- 20:17 (IST)WPL Live: FOUR!Another short ball from Mansi Joshi and Hayley Matthews hits it towards square leg for a four. It didn't come off the meat of the bat but still went for a four, such is Matthews' power!MIW 22/1 (3.4)
- 20:12 (IST)WPL Live: WICKET!Left-arm spinner Tanuja Kanwar gets the first breakthrough! She has dismissed Yastika Bhatia at her individual score of 1. Yastika failed to clear the infield and handed an easy catch to Wareham at point.MIW 15/1 (2.3)
- 20:08 (IST)WPL Live: Expensive over!12 runs came off the first over of right-arm pacer Mansi Joshi. Hayley Matthews started the over with a six before a misfield gifted her a four towards the backward point man region.MIW 14/0 (2)
- 20:05 (IST)WPL Live: SIX!Oh, how good a shot that is from Hayley Matthews! It was a short ball from Mansi Joshi and the batter pulled it over square leg for a six.MIW 8/0 (1.1)
- 20:03 (IST)WPL Live: Match kicks off!The opening match of WPL 2023 has kicked off! Hayley Matthews and Yastika Bhatia have started for Mumbai Indians. Ashleigh Gardner bowled the first over for Gujarat Giants. It was an economical over as only two runs came off it.MIW 2/0 (1)
- 19:47 (IST)WPL Live: GG vs MI playing XIs -Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur, Yastika Bhatia, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Hayley Mathews, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Humaira Kaazi, Amelia Kerr, Amanjot Kaur, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque.Gujarat Giants: Beth Mooney, S Meghana, Harleen Deol, Ashleigh Gardner, Annabel Sutherland, Hemalatha D, Georgia Wareham, Sneh Rana, Tanuja Kanwer, Monica Patel, Mansi Joshi.
- 19:37 (IST)WPL Live: Gujarat Giants opt to bowl!Gujarat Giants skipper Beth Mooney has won the toss and opted to bowl first against Mumbai Indians in the opening game of the Women's Premier League.
- 19:28 (IST)WPL Live: Did you miss the opening ceremony?It was a superb opening ceremony for the Women's Premier League as Kiara Advani, Kriti Sanon and AP Dhillon took the stage on fire before the trophy for the tournament was unveiled. In case you missed it all, catch the highlights HERE
- 19:17 (IST)WPL Live: Welcome guys!Hello everyone, welcome to the live blog of the opening game of the inaugural edition of Women's Premier League. The action will take place between Gujarat Giants and Mumbai Indians. Stay connected, folks!