Wimbledon 2012 News
- Tim Henman to launch 'Road to Wimbledon' from India
India will host the first Wimbledon tennis event outside the UK as 11-time-Tour winner Tim Henman will be in Delhi and Mumbai later this month to launch 'The Road to Wimbledon' with a series of coaching clinics.
- Roger Federer can win Australian Open next year: Rod Laver
Tennis legend Rod Laver says 17-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer will not quit the sport just because he had a bad season in 2013.
- Defending champion Heather Watson bows out of Japan Open
Monica Puig, seeded eighth in the event and ranked 48th in the world, outlasted 92nd-placed Watson 6-4, 6-4 in 94 minutes.
- US Open: Czech women down Aussie duo to win doubles title
The first all-Czech duo to win the US Open crown took home $460,000. They also won the 2011 French Open title.
- US Open: Max Mirnyi, Andrea Hlavackova win mixed doubles title
This 2013 championship comes 15 years after Mirnyi teamed with Serena Williams to win his first two mixed-doubles majors, at Wimbledon and the US Open
- US Open: Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng knocked out in doubles semis
Sania and her Chinese partner Jie Zheng lost to Australian pair of Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua 6-2 6-2 in the last-4 clash.
- US Open: Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng enter doubles semis
The Indo-Chinese pair will now take on 8th seeded Australian pair of Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua in the semi finals on Thursday.
- Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng win New Haven women's doubles title
Playing just their fourth event together, third seeds Sania and Jie pipped the second-seeded pair of Anabel Medina Garrigues and Katarina Srebotnik 6-3, 6-4 in the summit clash.
- Sania Mirza reaches 25th doubles final of her career
Sania Mirza, the only Indian female to win Grand Slam title, has won two titles so far this season. Both the titles came with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands, who now plays only singles.
- Sabine Lisicki opens New Haven Open with a win
Sabine Lisicki, who lost to Marion Bartoli in the final of Wimbledon, defeated Kristina Mladenovic of France 7-5, 6-1 in the first round.
- Sania Mirza to pair with Jie Zheng at US Open
Sania had played with American Lizel Huber at the Wimbledon where she made a third round exit.
- Citizenship for sale? Tennis star in Taiwan causes a political stir
A Taiwanese tennis champion
- Daniel Nestor, Kristina Mladenovic win Wimbledon mixed doubles title
The win for Nestor was his third major mixed doubles title. The Canadian also won the Australian Open in 2007 and '11.
- Wimbledon: Finishing final was hardest moment of my life, says Andy Murray
The world number two, whose only other major crown came at the US Open last year, admitted the pressure of closing out the win was almost unbearable.
- Marion Bartoli: Wimbledon win a sign of bigger and better things to come
Marion Bartoli, beaten by Venus Williams in her only previous Grand Slam final at Wimbledon in 2007, is the fifth oldest woman to become a first-time major winner in the Open Era.
- Wimbledon: Hsieh and Peng win women's doubles title
Hsieh became the first player from Taiwan to win a Grand Slam title while Peng gave China its first doubles title at a major in seven years.
- Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic battle into Wimbledon final
In a titanic struggle played out over four hours and 43 minutes, Serbia's Djokovic squandered two match points in the fourth set tiebreak before going on to finally subdue the Argentine eighth seed thanks to a remarkable 80 winners and 22 aces. Murray's seventh Grand Slam final on Sunday will be his fourth meeting with Djokovic with a major title on the line.
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray survives Janowicz, roof rage to set up Djokovic clash
Murray will play world number one Djokovic, the 2011 champion, on Sunday in his fourth Grand Slam final meeting with the Serb.