IPL 2021 Qualifier 1, DC vs CSK Highlights: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Robin Uthappa Fifties, Late MS Dhoni Blitz Help Chennai Super Kings Reach Final
IPL 2021, Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Super Kings, Qualifier 1 Highlights: MS Dhoni hit the winning runs vs Delhi Capitals to take Chennai Super Kings in the finals.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) sealed a spot in the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 season as they beat Delhi Capitals (DC) by eight wickets in Qualifier 1 on Sunday at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. In the chase of 173 runs, CSK lost their opener Faf du Plessis in the first over but a 110-run stand between Ruturaj Gaikwad (70) and Robin Uthappa (63) put Capitals on the back foot. Tom Curran (3/29) struck twice in an over that brought DC back in the game. CSK needed 13 runs in the final over when a vintage MS Dhoni knock helped them get over the finishing line. Dhoni hit the winning runs and remained not out with a strike rate of 300. Chennai will now play the final on Friday, October 15 in Dubai while Delhi will get one more chance for an entry in the final as they will play in Qualifier 2 on Wednesday. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will face Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the Eliminator on Monday, the winner of which will play Qualifier 2 vs Delhi Capitals. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2021 Qualifier 1 Highlights Between Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Super Kings, Straight From Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
- 23:44 (IST)CSK Enter Yet Another IPL Finals!That was an amazing match!DC got Faf du Plessis out in the first over to put early pressure on CSK, but later Gaikwad and Uthappa added 110 runs for the second wicket to put their team in command again. But it was like a roller-coaster game as Tom Curran struck twice in an over that brought DC back in the game. Towards the end wickets were falling from one end while Gaikwad held the other side very strong before he got out in the 19th over. CSK needed 13 runs from the final over and MS Dhoni finished the job like a boss.CSK are now in the finals while DC have one more chance to get into the finals as they will play in Qualifier 2 against the winner of the Eliminator match.That's all from DC vs CSK Qualifier 1 blog. Do join us tomorrow where Royal Challengers Bangalore will face Kolkata Knight Riders in Eliminator in Sharjah.
- 23:19 (IST)CSK Win By 4 Wickets, Enter 9th IPL Finals!Curran to Dhoni, FOUR, to square leg and CSK entered into the finals of the Indian Premier League 2021. Once again it's MS Dhoni who finished the game for his team.
- 22:52 (IST)Yet Another Top Class Show From Gaikwad!Gaikwad has played really well today. He stood out when his opening mate Faf du Plessis got out in the first over of the match and added 110 runs with Robin Uthappa for the second wicket. His average is close to 50 this season and today also he got to another fifty. This young batsman is the key for CSK to take them in the finals.CSK 129/4, need 44 runs in 24 balls to win
- 22:38 (IST)OUT!Tom Curran has finally given a breakthrough to Delhi Capitals. Robin Uthappa has to depart after a match defining knock. Shreyas Iyer took that catch just near the boundary line and that was a clean catch. A 110-run partnership has finally broken by Tom Curran.Uthappa c Shreyas Iyer b Tom Curran 63(44) (4s-7 6s-2)CSK 113/2, need 60 runs in 39 balls to win
- 21:14 (IST)CSK Need 173 Runs To Win!Thakur to Pant, double and fifty comes up for skipper Pant. Thakur gave away 8 runs in the final over.So, after batting 20 overs, Delhi Capitals added 172 runs on the board for the loss of five wickets.DC 172/5 in 20 oversCSK need 173 runs to win
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 10, 2021
An all important 83-run partnership between Hetmyer and Pant and a fine knock of 60 from Prithvi Shaw propel #DelhiCapitals to a total of 172/5 on the board.#CSK chase coming up shortly.
Scorecard - https://t.co/38XLwtuZDX #Qualifier1 #VIVOIPL pic.twitter.com/83y74L89Gg