IPL 2020, RCB vs RR Today's Match Highlights: Virat Kohli, Devdutt Padikkal Guide RCB To 8-Wicket Win Over RR
IPL 2020, Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Rajasthan Royals Highlights: Devdutt Padikkal and Virat Kohli scored fifties as RCB beat Rajasthan Royals by eight wickets.
Devdutt Padikkal (63 off 45 balls) and Virat Kohli scored fifties as Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) beat Rajasthan Royals by eight wickets in Abu Dhabi on Saturday. Chasing 155 to win, Padikkal lost his opening partner Aaron Finch early but that didn't keep him from playing attacking shots. He combined with skipper Virat Kohli and stitched together an 99-run stand for the second wicket. Padikkal also brought up third fifty of his IPL career in the process. Kohli played the second fiddle initially but opened up after gaining some confidence and notched up his first big score of IPL 2020, smashing 72 not out off 53 balls. AB de Villiers scored a boundary on the first ball of the final over to seal the game in RCB's favour, with five ball to spare. Earlier, late fireworks from Rahul Tewatia (24 not out off 12 balls) and a fine knock from Mahipal Lomror (47 runs) helped Rajasthan recover from early blows and set a 155-run target. Batting first they started positively, with Jos Buttler taking the aggressive approach. RCB bowlers came back strongly to dismiss their three top-order players in quick succession and pushed them on the backfoot. Isuru Udana dismissed Steve Smith to hand RCB the first breakthrough. Navdeep Saini struck off his very first delivery to end Jos Buttler's mini-onslaught who departed after scoring 22 off 12 balls. Kohli introduced Yuzvendra Chahal in the next over and he delivered immediately, removing dangerous Sanju Samson to further derail the Rajasthan innings. Mahipal Lomror, playing his first match of the season, made an immediate impact, scoring 47 runs. However, none of the batsman could lend him the support he needed and he eventually fell three short of his fifty, trying to up the ante. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rajasthan Royals, straight from Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 19:31 (IST)Thank you for tuning in! Goodbye!RCB are the new table leaders -- albeit momentarily. Hope you liked our coverage as much as we loved bringing it to you. KKR are in action against Delhi Capitals, you can tune in to that match's live coverage here.
- 19:17 (IST)FOUR! RCB win by eight wickets!AB de Villiers beats the fielder on the very first ball for a winning boundary. RCB win by 8 wickets to go on top of the points table.
- 18:58 (IST)WICKET! Padikkal b Archer!Devdutt Padikkal moves way too across outside leg stump and Jofra Archer fires in a full delivery, almost the yorker length, to rattle his timber. He departs after scoring 63 off 45 balls.
- 17:57 (IST)WICKET! Finch lbw Gopal!Aaron Finch gets down on his knees in order to sweep but misses the line. Shreyas Iyer is confident he has got his man but umpire thinks otherwise. RR go for the review and guess what the on-field decision has been overturned. Rajasthan get their first breakthrough.
WICKET!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 3, 2020
Shreyas Gopal comes into the attack and picks up the wicket of Aaron Finch.#RCB one down in the third over of the game.
Live - https://t.co/ZfqOWRHzKG #Dream11IPL #RCBvRR pic.twitter.com/ulB5Rp3TEz
- 17:46 (IST)SIX! Padikkal smashes one with elegance!Jaydev Unadkat starts his spell with a freebie on the leg stump and he flicks it nicely with great timing to clear the deep square leg fence.
- 17:28 (IST)Dot ball! Rajasthan 154/6 in 20 overs!Jofra Archer decides to scoop Navdeep Saini over fine leg but it hits him bang on the helmet. Rajasthan Royals finish with 154/6 in 20 overs.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 3, 2020
After having opted to bat first, the @rajasthanroyals post a total of 154/6 on the board.#RCB chase coming up shortly. Stay tuned.
Live - https://t.co/ZfqOWRHzKG #Dream11IPL #RCBvRR pic.twitter.com/c69jY0IXf2
- 17:03 (IST)WCIKET! Lomror c Padikkal b Chahal!A fine innings from Mahipal Lomror comes to an end as Yuzvendra Chahal finally gets his man. He bowled it wide of off stump, forcing him to fetch for the delivery. The ball went high in the air and Devdutt Padikkal grabs a simple catch at long-off to send him packing for 47 off 39 balls.