India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test Highlights: India Become 1st Team To Claim 4 Successive Innings Wins In Test Cricket
IND vs BAN: India completed a 2-0 clean sweep over Bangladesh in the Test series.
Five-wicket hauls from Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav and a classy century from Virat Kohli powered India to a 2-0 series clean sweep as they beat Bangladesh by an innings and 46 runs in the historic day-night Test at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. This is the first time a team has recorded four consecutive wins by an innings or more. This is also India's seventh consecutive Test match win, their longest ever winning streak. Mushfiqur Rahim's fighting half-century was Bangladesh's only positive as India outplayed the visitors in all departments. In fact, the match looked like it was headed for a two-day finish until Mushfiqur and Mahmudullah put up a counter-attack. But Mahmudullah pulled a hamstring and Mushfiqur found himself fast running out of partners before India cleaned them up. (Scorecard)
Highlights Between India vs Bangladesh, 2nd Test Match Day 3, Straight From Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
2nd Test, Bangladesh in India, 2 Test Series, 2019, Nov 22, 2019
India beat Bangladesh by an innings and 46 runs
- 14:22 (IST)Thank you for joining us!Thank you for joining us and following our live coverage of the India vs Bangladesh series and especially this historic Test match. India have their third consecutive series clean sweep, meaning they have a strong lead in the World Test Championship.It was a pace-bowling masterclass, as well as some brilliant showings with the bat, especially for Mayank Agarwal, who scored his second Test double-century in two consecutive series.West Indies will be India's next assignment and we hope you join us for that entertaining show.Thank you and goodbye!
- 13:37 (IST)Umesh Yadav to Mushfiqur Rahim, OUTAnd that may just be that for Bangladesh! Goes for the big inside-out shot, but ends up spooning a catch to Ravindra Jadeja at cover. Huge wicket for India. Mushfiqur departs after a fighting 74.With Mahmudullah not showing any signs of coming out, India just a wicket away from victory.
- 13:02 (IST)
- 12:57 (IST)
- 12:54 (IST)Day 2 recapBangladesh begin the day 89 runs behind India. In case you missed out on the action on Day 2, here is a quick recap
- 12:52 (IST)We are 10 minutes away from the startThis is a relatively easier period to bat in, at least according to Cheteshwar Pujara, and Mushfiqur Rahim will look to use the time to pile on as many runs as he can along with the Bangladesh tail.Mahmudullah, who also looked good before he had to retire hurt with a hamstring injury, may return to bat, but that is something we will find out only as the day goes on.
- 12:27 (IST)Kohli the skipper is one dangerous batsmanThis was Virat Kohli's 20th Test century as captain. It moves him above Ricky Ponting on the list for most centuries as captain. Only Graeme Smith has more, with 25 tons as a skipper.Read more about the milestones reached by the skipper here
- 12:21 (IST)Virat Kohli, the run machineThat is how BCCI president Sourav Ganguly describes the skipper
- 12:19 (IST)Bangladesh's bowling comebackAt one point on Day 2, India looked set to post yet another huge lead, one that just cannot be chased down. But a moment of brilliance from Taijul Islam at deep square leg stopped Virat Kohli's march. Then, in the span of 24 runs, India were suddenly nine down and declared soon after. What led to the flurry of sudden wickets? Read here to find out what Bangladesh pacer Al-Amin Hossain had to say about it
- 12:09 (IST)More excitement ahead of us?It's Day 3 of the historic day-night Test at the Eden Gardens and it has been all drama so far. The Indian pacers have hogged the limelight so far, punctuated by a fine Virat Kohli century. Two Bangladesh players have been substituted for concussion, both hit on the head by Shami bouncers. Two more suffered blows on the helmet but are carrying on. India were on a wicket-taking spree on Day 2 evening, making a two-day finish seem highly likely, but then Mushfiqur Rahim led the fightback with a defiant half-century.In a short span of time, we have seen a lot of action at break-neck speed. Fans at the Eden Gardens today will be hoping for more of the same. How long can Bangladesh fend off the Indian bowlers, all looking hungry for the wickets? Will Ishant Sharma, who never managed a 5-wicket haul in India in 12 years, complete his second 5-for in the match? We shall find out soon!