India vs Australia, 4th Test, Day 5 Highlights: India Clinch Series 2-1 As Early Stumps Called
IND vs AUS, 4th Test Day 5 Highlights: Team India clinched the four-match Test series for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2-1 after the fourth Test ended in a draw on Day 5 in Ahmedabad
IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 5 Highlights: Team India clinched the four-match Test series for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2-1 after the fourth Test ended in a draw on Day 5 in Ahmedabad. The visitors started Day 5 at 3/0 with Travis Head and Matthew Kuhnemann beginning the proceedings. Ravichandran Ashwin removed Kuhnemann for 6, which called in Marnus Labuschagne on the strike. Head along with Labuschagne then anchored the innings and brought up their respective half-centuries. Later, Axar Patel removed Head for 90. Steve Smith (10*) joined hands with Labuschagne (63*) and both the batters remained unbeaten at the crease, before early stumps were called-off. Team India had already booked their place into the final of the World Test Championship against Australia after Sri Lanka lost against New Zealand in their Test match on Monday. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of Day 5 of 4th Test match between India and Australia, straight from Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad:
- 15:22 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Match ends in drawThe fourth Test of the four-match series between India and Australia ends in draw. Marnus Labuschagne(63*) and Steve Smith (10*) remain unbeaten at the crease with visitors scoring 175/2. With this, India claim the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2-1 and also qualify into the final of the World Test Championship.
- 14:47 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Maiden over by JadejaRavindra Jadeja bowls yet another maiden over and troubles Australian batter. Marnus Labuschagne and Steve Smith are eyeing some big shots. The match is heading towards a draw. However, India have already qualified for the WTC finals.AUS 168/2 (69 overs)
- 14:15 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Tea breakThis marks the end of the second session of Day 5 of the fourth Test match between India and Australia. At tea, Australia's score read at 158/2 in 64 over with Marnus Labuschagne (56*) and Steve Smith (0*)standing unbeaten at the crease. The visitors have taken a lead by 67 runs. For India, Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin have scalped one wicket each.
- 14:03 (IST)India vs Australia Live: 50 Test wickets for Axar PatelAfter dismissing Travis Head, Axar Patel has completed his 50 Test wickets. Apart from this, he has also joined the like of Ravichandran Ashwin, having 500 runs and 50 wickets in the longest format. Phenomenal performance by the Indian all-rounder.AUS 153/2 (61 overs)
- 13:46 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Fifty for LabuschagneFOUR!!! Marnus Labuschagne hits a boundary and gets a single off Umesh Yadav and brings up his half-century. He takes 150 balls to cross the 50-run mark and put Australia into a dominating position. It is Labuschagne's 15th Test half-century. Very crucial knock by the Aussie batter.AUS 150/1 (57.2 overs)
- 13:29 (IST)
- 13:26 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Umesh Yadav back in attackAfter Ravindra Jadeja bowls another maiden over, captain Rohit Sharma brings pacer Umesh Yadav back into the attack. The hosts are eyeing another wicket and desperately looking to break the strong partnership between Labuschagne and Head.AUS 124/1 (53 overs)
- 12:49 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOURFOUR!!! Australia extend their lead by 19 runs as Travis Head gets another boundary on Axar Patel. Head slogs it hard towards the left of the mid-on as the ball races across the boundary rope for a perfect four. Australia move ahead strongly in the game.AUS 110/1 (45.4 overs)
- 12:46 (IST)
- 12:41 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOURFOUR!!! Marnus Labuschagne gives a strong support to Travis Head as he gets another boundary off Axar Patel's delivery. Labuschagne eyes a vacant region and clips towards the fine leg as the ball simply crosses the boundary rope for a four. Australia take a lead by 2 runs.AUS 93/1 (43.1 overs)
- 12:36 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Fifty for HeadFOUR!!! Travis Head brings up his half-century in style as he smashes a brilliant boundary off Axar Patel's delivery. Head takes 112 balls to cross the 50-run mark and put Australia into a comfortable position. This is Head's 13th Test half-century. Australia trail by 3 runs.AUS 88/1 (42 overs)
- 12:25 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Maiden over by AshwinRavichandran Ashwin creates a lot of pressure on Australia as he bowls yet another maiden over on Day 5. Australia batters Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne are eyeing opportunity of getting some big hits while the hosts are looking for some quick wickets.AUS 77/1 (39 overs)
- 11:58 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Catch the live updates of NZ vs SL matchCatch the thrilling contest between New Zealand Sri Lanka here.
- 11:34 (IST)India vs Australia Live: LunchThis marks the end of the first session of Day 5 of the fourth Test between India and Australia. At lunch, Australia's score read at 73/1 with Travis Head (45*) and Marnus Labuschagne (22*) standing unbeaten at the crease. The visitors are trailing by 18 runs. Ravichandran Ashwin scalped one wicket on Day 5 for India.
- 11:12 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Back-to-back foursFOUR!!! Travis Head inches closer towards his half-century with two back-to-back boundaries off Axar Patel. The first one comes after he hits a down the ground shot towards the mid-on while the second one comes after he goes on the back foot and places shot, which goes past the slipper for a four.AUS 65/1 (31 overs)
- 11:04 (IST)
- 10:10 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Maiden over by ShamiAustralia are cautiously moving ahead in the game after the dismissal of Matthew Kuhnemann. Mohammed Shami successfully delivers a maiden over and controls the flow of runs. Team India is desperately eyeing another wicket to get an upper hand over Australia.AUS 20/1 (14 overs)
- 09:51 (IST)India vs Australia Live: OUTOUT!!! Ravichandran Ashwin provides India with their first breakthrough of the day as he removes Matthew Kuhnemann for 6. Ashwin strikes on the pads of Kuhnemann as the umpire signals LBW out. Travis Head suggests Kuhnemann to not to opt for the DRS and Australia lose their first wicket.AUS 14/1 (10.4 overs)
- 09:36 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOURFOUR!!! Matthew Kuhnemann hits the first boundary of the day on Ravichandran Ashwin. Kuhnemann gently places it beside the slip as the ball races towards the boundary rope. Axar Patel gives it a try but his leg touches the rope and Australia gets a four.AUS 8/0 (6.4 overs)