India vs Australia, 3rd Test, Day 3 Highlights: Australia Confirm WTC Final Berth With 9-Wicket Win Over India
India vs Australia, 3rd Test, Day 3 Highlights: Marnus Labuschagne and Travis Head made a cakewalk of the 76-run chase as Australia defeated India by 9 wickets in the third Test
India vs Australia, 3rd Test, Day 3 Highlights: Marnus Labuschagne and Travis Head made a cakewalk of the 76-run chase as Australia defeated India by 9 wickets in the third Test of the four-match series. Ravichandran Ashwin struck early on Friday to dismiss Usman Khawaja, but India failed to maintain the pressure on the visitors. On Thursday, Nathan Lyon took eight wickets as Australia bundled India out for 163 runs, getting a 76-run target. Cheteshwar Pujara top-scored with 59, but Lyon's figures of 8 for 64 overshadowed the effort. In India's first innings, Lyon had scalped three wickets. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of Day 3 of the 3rd Test between India and Australia from the Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- 11:24 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: It's a wrap!Nathan Lyon gets the Man of the Match award.
Okay, guys! That's is it from the third Test. We hope you liked our coverage. You can get the match report HERE
- 10:44 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Mere formality remains!Australia need 11 more runs to win this game. They were in the driver's seat ever since the start of this chase, but no one would have hoped them to be so imposing in the final innings. Credit for the performance goes to Marnus Labuschagne and Travis Head, the duo simply dominated the Indian bowlers.AUS 197 & 65/1 (17.4)
- 10:05 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Mind games on the field!Marnus Labuschagne made R Ashwin wait during the latter's bowling. Umpire Joel Wilson had to intervene, before Rohit Sharma gave a laugh and patted the batter to go back to his crease. Meanwhile, Ashwin waited just two steps away from stumps to bowl to Labuschagne before going behind the umpire and starting with his usual run-up to bowl the fifth ball of the over.AUS 197 & 12/1 (8.5)
- 10:00 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: India lose a review!A huge appeal for a catch but umpire Joel Wilson is unconvinced. Virat Kohli took the catch of Marnus Labuschagne at leg slip. He and Shreyas Iyer convinced Rohit Sharma to go upstairs. UltraEdge revealed that there was no edge. Another poor review from India in the game!AUS 197 & 10/1 (6.5)
- 09:33 (IST)
- 09:25 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Australia on the brink of victory!Australia need only 76 runs in the fourth innings to win the game. The pitch is expected to be tougher to bat on in comparison to the previous day. Australia start will say a lot about India's chances in the game. We are around 5 minutes away from the start!
- 09:03 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Eyes on Ravichandran Ashwin!The off-spinner has failed to extract as much help from the surface as his counterpart Nathan Lyon fetched in both the innings. India will have high expectations from Ashwin going into the fourth innings of the match, where he is one of the most dangerous spinners.
- 08:31 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Are India still in the game?"In cricket anything can happen. We will try our best and bowl tight lines. It is not an easy wicket, whether it is our batters or theirs. It is not easy to step out and hit. The ball is keeping low as well, so you can't be sure about stepping out. The runs are less but we will stick to tight lines and push as much as we can," said India pacer Umesh Yadav on Thursday.Check out his complete statement HERE
- 08:11 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: What happened on Day 2?The second day of the Test match belonged to veteran off-spinner Nathan Lyon, who scalped as many as 8 of the 10 Indian wickets that fell on the day. Earlier, the hosts made a good comeback and bundled Australia out for 197 runs, conceding a lead of 88 runs. In reply, they were bowled out for 163 runs in their second innings, setting a 76-run target for the Aussies. Check the day highlights HERE
- 07:59 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Welcome guys!Hello everyone, welcome to the third day live blog of the ongoing third Test between India and Australia in Indore. The guests need only 76 runs to win the game in the final innings. Can India produce a turnaround? We will discover it later today. Stay connected, folks!