IND vs ENG, 2nd Test Day 4 Highlights: Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara Rescue India But England Still On Top
India vs England Highlights: India lost three quick wickets late in the final session to hand over the advantage to England at Stumps on Day 4 of the second Test at Lord's.
Moeen Ali spun a web around India's lower middle-order as he claimed the wickets of Ajinkya Rahane and Ravindra Jadeja late in the final session to hand over the advantage to England at Stumps on Day 4 of the second Test at Lord's. Earlier, Mark Wood dismissed Cheteshwar Pujara for 45 runs after both Rahane and Pujara added 100 crucial runs for the fourth wicket and steadied India following three early wickets. At the end of the day's play, India were placed at 181/6 after 82 overs with a lead by 154 runs. Earlier, England got off to a terrific start as Wood dismissed openers KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma in quick succession. Wood squared up Rahul, who edged the ball to Jos Buttler to fall for five runs off 30 deliveries while Rohit was caught by Moeen Ali off the bowling of Wood, who claimed his second wicket of the morning. Rohit, who hit a six earlier in the over, tried to repeat his shot but couldn't time the ball and fell for 21 runs off 36 balls.
Sam Curran got the all-important breakthrough of Virat Kohli just before Lunch. Curran followed an in-swinger with a ball that seamed away after pitching as Kohli edged to Buttler to fall for 20 runs off 31 deliveries. Joe Root's unbeaten 180 helped England post 391 in reply to India's 364 in the first innings. (SCORECARD)
Here Are The Highlights From England vs India 2nd Test, Day 4 From Lord's, London
- 22:49 (IST)Stumps - Day 4 !Early Stumps Due To Bad Light - Day 4England are totally in the driver's seat now having taken three late wickets in the day to snag the advantage from IndiaMoeen Ali and Mark Wood turned the tide with India losing their shine in the final sessionIND 181/6 after 82 overs - Lead by 154 runsRishabh Pant 14*Ishant Sharma 4*That's all from the Live coverage of Day 4. Do tune in for the exciting final day's action tomorrow. Till then, goodbye and take care everyone !
- 22:27 (IST)Wicket - Ali Gets Jadeja !Moeen Ali now gets rid of Jadeja for three runs as India lose their third in successionWow, what a turn around in the final sessionIND 175/6 after 79.1 overs - Lead by 148 runs
- 22:13 (IST)Wicket - Ali Gets Rahane !Rahane (61) edges Ali as Buttler takes a good catchSuddenly, India are five down in the final session with two new batsmen at the creaseIND 167/5 after 76 overs
- 22:04 (IST)Wicket - Mark Wood Gets Pujara !Mark Wood beat Pujara for pace as he dismissed the batter for 45 runs, providing England a crucial breakthroughIND 155/4 after 72.4 overs - Lead by 128 runs
- 21:32 (IST)50 For Rahane !Ajinkya Rahane gets to an incredibly hard-fought fiftyAnd boy oh boy, didn't India need it badlyIND 139/3 after 67.5 overs - Lead by 112 runs
- 20:15 (IST)Tea Taken !Tea - Day 4India's Pujara (29*) and Rahane (24*) see India through to Tea with a lead of 78 runsBoth batsmen fought hard and showed a fighting spirit after the fall of KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma and Virat KohliIND 105/3 after 53 overs
- 19:13 (IST)Shane Warne Watching The Lord's Test !Shane Warne puts his views forwardEngland had a terrific morning with three wickets
Great morning of test cricket at Lords. England on top & starting to boss this game-can 2 players for India get a big score and get a lead of 250 ? If you could have anyone bat now for India-who would you choose ?— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) August 15, 2021
- 19:11 (IST)
- 17:43 (IST)Lunch Taken !Lunch - Day 4England will be mighty pleased with three wickets in the first session on Day 3With Rohit, Rahul and Kohli all back in the pavilion, England will look to strengthen their grip on the match in the second session of playPujara (3*) and Rahane (1*) have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders nowIND 56/3 after 25 overs - Lead by 29 runs
- 17:25 (IST)Wicket - Curran Gets Kohli !Sam Curran gets Kohli (20 runs off 31 balls) to edge a ball that seamed away after pitchingA huge breakthrough for England just before LunchIND 55/3 after 23.1 overs