- Australian Basketballer Isaac Humphries Comes Out As Gay
Isaac Humphries was reportedly just the second male basketballer to come out while playing professionally, following in the footsteps of queer icon and NBA veteran Jason Collins
- Russia, US In Talks Over 'Merchant Of Death' For Jailed Basketball Star: Moscow
The US and Russia are discussing a prisoner exchange that would involve trading notorious arms trafficker Viktor Bout for two-time Olympian Brittney Griner.
- Russian Court Jails US Basketball Star For 9 Years Over Drug Smuggling, Joe Biden Says "Unacceptable"
A Russian court on Thursday found US basketball star Brittney Griner guilty of smuggling and storing drugs and sentenced her to nine years in prison.
- Stephen Curry Cooks Up Career Masterpiece In Golden State Warriors Win
Stephen Curry has built up an extensive catalog of accolades, honors, scoring records and personal milestones during his glittering NBA Finals career
- US Says Basketball Star "Wrongfully Detained" In Russia
The United States said Tuesday that Russia has unjustly detained basketball star Brittney Griner, as her league announced plans to honor her at all venues for the start of the season.
- Michael Jordan Sneakers Sell For Nearly $1.5 Million, An Auction Record
A pair of sneakers worn by NBA superstar Michael Jordan early in his career sold for nearly $1.5 million on Sunday, setting a record price at auction for game-worn footwear, Sotheby's said.
- FIBA Women's Asia Cup 2021: Shireen Limaye To Lead Indian Basketball Team
FIBA Women's Asia Cup 2021: The Indian women's basketball team, led by Shireen Limaye, is in Group A with Japan, South Korea and New Zealand.
- NBA: Will Enroll For Draft Next Year, Says Indian Basketball Star Princepal Singh
Star Indian basketball player Princepal Singh has stated that he will enroll himself in the National Basketball Association (NBA) draft next year.
- Tokyo Olympics: Proud Kevin Durant Leads USA To 4th Straight Olympic Basketball Gold
Tokyo Olympics: Kevin Durant praised the USA men's basketball team for their win against France (87-82) which helped them secure a fourth straight Olympic gold medal in the sport.
- Tokyo Olympics: Australia's Basketball Star Liz Cambage Quits Olympics Over Mental Health Fears
Australian Olympic basketball star Liz Cambage pulled out of the Tokyo Games Friday, citing a struggle with her mental health fuelled by the thought of "terrifying" isolation in the Olympic bubble.
- Tennis Ace Novak Djokovic Congratulates NBA Star Nikola Jokic For Winning Most Valuable Player Award
World no. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic congratulated Denver Nuggets star Nikola Jokic for being named NBA's Most Valuable Player (MVP).
- NBA: Kobe Bryant Inducted Posthumously Into Basketball Hall Of Fame
Basketball legend Kobe Bryant was inducted posthumously into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Michael Jordan College Jersey Fetches $1.38 Million At Auction
A Michael Jordan game-worn jersey from his 1982-83 season at the University of North Carolina has sold for USD 1.38 million at an auction.
- NBA: Miami Heat Opens Doors To Fans, Thanks To Coronavirus-Sniffing Dogs
NBA: Sniffer dogs were used during Miami Heat's match against LA Clippers, with around 2,000 fans being allowed to watch the game from the venue.
- NADA Imposes Two-Year Ban On Basketball Player Satnam Singh For Doping
NADA said that Satnam Singh Bhamara tested positive for Higenamine Beta-2-Agonist.
- "That's What I Do": Barack Obama Nonchalantly Buries 3-Pointer In Viral Video. Watch
Barack Obama once again proved he is an absolute baller, nonchalantly sinking a three-pointer during a campaign event with Joe Biden in Michigan.
- Games Postponed As MLB Rocked By Coronavirus Outbreak
Major League Baseball confirmed in a statement that games between the Miami Marlins and Baltimore Orioles in Florida, and the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees in Pennsylvania, had been scrapped.
- Serbian President To Fulfil Boyhood Dream Of Becoming Basketball Coach
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic posted a picture on Instagram of him posing with his student ID book from a sports college in Belgrade, and a small basketball.