West Indies vs Bangladesh Highlights, World Cup 2019: World Cup: Bangladesh Thrash Windies, Chase 322 With 51 Balls To Spare
West Indies Vs Bangladesh Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Shakib Al Hasan's back-to-back hundred helped Bangladesh chase down 322.
Shakib Al Hasan's second consecutive hundred along with Liton Das' unbeaten 94 helped Bangladesh register their second highest successful run chase in World Cup history. Needing 322 to claim their second win of the tournament, Bangladesh made a confident start as they repelled the West Indies' barrage of bouncers to get over the line at Taunton with 51 balls remaining. Shakib remained unbeaten with 16 fours in his 99-ball 124, while Liton Das scored an unbeaten 94 to accompany Shakib. Only once previously have Bangladesh managed 322 batting second, against Scotland in 2015, while the highest chase so far in this World Cup was New Zealand's 248 against Bangladesh. But the Tigers had already posted 330 in the first innings of their win over South Africa earlier in the competition and they were clinical on the day against the West Indies. Opener Tamim Iqbal paved the way in the chase with six fours in his 53-ball innings of 48 before being superbly run out by Sheldon Cottrell. Earlier, Shai Hope's 96 and the joint-fastest fifty of the tournament from Shimron Hetmyer inspired an imposing total of 321-8. The Windies couldn't be contained in the second half of the innings as Hope laid the foundations for his country's fourth highest World Cup score with a resolute 121-ball innings. Hitting around Hope, Evin Lewis made 70 from 67 balls before Hetmyer smashed 50 in 26 balls, featuring four fours and three sixes. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between West Indies vs Bangladesh, Straight from The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
Match 23, ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019, Jun 17, 2019
Bangladesh beat West Indies by 7 wickets
- 22:49 (IST)Its all over! And fans have turned Taunton into DhakaLiton Das finishes it off with a boundary. What a chase this has been. Bangladesh won by seven wickets to register their second win of the World Cup 2019.
- 22:27 (IST)Shakib gets a resounding ovation from the crowd!After scoring his second consecutive hundred at the World Cup. Shakib was greeted with a resounding ovation by the crowd in Taunton.
- 22:24 (IST)Stat-attack!Shakib Al Hasan has become the fastest all-rounder to score 6000 runs and take 200 wickets in ODI cricket. He has toppled a few legends on his way to the top.
- 22:10 (IST)Hundred for Shakib Al Hasan!Ninth ODI hundred for Shakib Al Hasan. A beautiful cover-drive to bring up the milestone. What a World Cup he is having.
- 21:52 (IST)Something to cheer for South Africa!While Bangladesh are looking solid in the run chase. Here's the latest update from the Proteas' camp.
- 20:50 (IST)A salute from Cottrell!After sending the dangerous Tamim Iqbal back into the shed, this is how Sheldon Cottrell decided to celebrate.
- 20:29 (IST)Six thousand ODI runs for Shakib Al HasanShakib Al Hasan has brought up six thousand ODI runs.
We've got a game on in Taunton!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 17, 2019
Bangladesh are 108/1 after 15 overs - the Tigers are looking good, with Shakib reaching an incredible milestone.
Make sure to follow the action on the #CWC19 app
ANDROID https://t.co/Lsp1fBwBKR pic.twitter.com/LIHIzv5U5u
- 20:15 (IST)Bangladesh fans are enjoying this quick start!As Bangladesh take the attack to the opposition, here's how their fans are cheering for them from the stands.