New Zealand vs Pakistan Highlights, World Cup 2019: Pakistan Beat New Zealand By Six Wickets To Stay Alive In World Cup
New Zealand vs Pakistan Highlights, 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup: Babar Azam scored a brilliant 100 against New Zealand to give Pakistan a comfortable six-wicket win.
Pakistan kept alive their chances of reaching the World Cup semi-finals on Wednesday, cruising to a six-wicket win against previously unbeaten New Zealand at Edgbaston. New Zealand scored 237 for six in their 50 overs but that total proved inadequate as Babar Azam scored an impressive unbeaten century and Haris Sohail (68) offered valuable support. Pakistan, who beat South Africa on Sunday to revive their flagging World Cup campaign, now have seven points, level with fifth-placed Bangladesh and just one point behind hosts England. New Zealand are second in the table on 11 points behind Australia, the only team who have qualified so far. The top four teams qualify for the semi-finals. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Today, Highlights Between New Zealand vs Pakistan, Straight from Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 23:58 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for joining us today. It is the big match tomorrow between India and the West Indies. We will provide you live updates from that game.
- 23:56 (IST)Pakistan win by six wickets!Pakistan have produced a magical performance here at Edgbaston to become the first team to beat New Zealand in this World Cup.
- 23:51 (IST)OUT!Martin Guptill has produced a brilliant piece of fielding. Gets rid of Haris Sohail. Pakistan just a couple of runs away from a win.
- 23:43 (IST)100 for Babar Azam!10th ODI hundred for Babar Azam, he has stepped up at the big stage.
Century for Babar Azam, his first of #CWC19— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 26, 2019
A wonderfully mature innings that's taken his side to the cusp of victory.#NZvPAK pic.twitter.com/EIamI5ywbq
- 23:37 (IST)Four!With that pull shot, Babar Azam goes to 99. What an innings he has played when his team needed it the most.
- 23:32 (IST)Four!Pakistan are looking to finish this early. Second four off Boult's over.
- 23:30 (IST)50 up for Haris Sohail!Second consecutive half-century for Haris Sohail, what an addition he has been for Pakistan. Also, 100-run partnership up between Haris and Babar.
- 23:19 (IST)200 up for Pakistan!Pakistan reach 200 inside 42 overs. They need 37 runs to win from the last seven overs.
- 23:18 (IST)Back to back boundaries!Babar Azam is not even sparing Mitchell Santner, back to back boundaries for Pakistan's number three.
- 23:16 (IST)Four!Another overs end with a boundary. Haris Sohail guides his fine towards the third-man boundary.
- 23:07 (IST)Four!Exquisite cover drive from Haris Sohail to end the over. Pakistan looking comfortable now, chasing 238 they are 179/3 after 39 overs.
- 23:02 (IST)Six!Haris Sohail has creamed that straight over Trent Boult's head for his second six.
- 22:57 (IST)Four!Gets a short ball, and pulls it towards the square-leg fence for another boundary.
- 22:56 (IST)Four!Babar Azam now comes down the track and lofts it over mid off for a glorious boundary.
- 22:54 (IST)Four!Babar Azam is oozing class with every shot he is playing. Colin Munro is not going to be a threat for him.
- 22:41 (IST)Drinks!The target for Pakistan is under 100 now. Can Pakistan become the first side to beat New Zealand in this World Cup?
- 22:29 (IST)Six!Haris Sohail had enough of the spinner troubling him. He comes down the track and smashes it over long-on for a huge six.
- 22:26 (IST)Four!Lucky boundary for Haris Sohail. Gets a short ball from Kane Williamson and he guides it past short third-man for a welcome boundary.
- 22:25 (IST)Testing over from Santner!Mitchell Santner is turning the ball square. He is targeting the rough patches outside the off stump of the left-hander and Haris Sohail had no clue about how to play him.
- 22:20 (IST)50 up for Babar Azam!Babar Azam scores his 15th ODI half-century. He is the key here in this chase for Pakistan.
50 for Babar Azam!— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 26, 2019
Pakistan will want him to bat through the rest of the innings - he's looked in good touch.#CWC19 | #NZvPAK pic.twitter.com/VLZqbPDSOY
- 22:19 (IST)New Zealand are back in the game!The ball is turning square here at Edgbaston and Pakistan still need over 100 runs in 24 overs. This is going to be an interesting chase. Pakistan 112/3 after 26 overs.
- 22:14 (IST)OUT!Mohammad Hafeez goes for 32. Pakistan lose their third wicket. Another part-time bowler gets the wicket of Pakistan's most experienced batsman. Aaron Finch and Aiden Markram have also got the price wicket of Hafeez in previous encounters. Kane Williamson gets his wicket of this World Cup.
- 22:10 (IST)Bowling change!Kane Williamson has brought himself onto bowl, as New Zealand's search for a wicket continues.
- 22:06 (IST)Four!Hafeez gets an outside edge and the ball races away for another boundary. 13 runs off the over from James Neesham. New Zealand need to restrict the scoring rate now.
- 22:05 (IST)Four!Dismissed it from his presence. Babar Azam means business here at Edgbaston. 100 up for Pakistan, they need 138 more runs to win.
- 22:03 (IST)50 partnership between Babar and Hafeez!Babar Azam and Mohammad Hafeez have put on a 50-run stand to take Pakistan in a commanding position against New Zealand.
- 22:01 (IST)Dropped!A tough chance goes down for New Zealand, as Tom Latam failed to hold onto the ball behind the stumps. The luck is going Pakistan's way at the moment.
- 21:50 (IST)Four!Babar Azam finds the gap once again. Last ball of James Neesham's over goes for a boundary.
- 21:44 (IST)3000 ODI runs for Babar Azam!Babar Azam brings up 3000 runs in ODI cricket, he is the second fastest batsman to reach the milestone. It took him just 68 innings.
3,000 ODI runs for Babar Azam— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 26, 2019
Only Hashim Amla has reached the landmark in fewer innings.#CWC19 | #NZvBAN pic.twitter.com/GPaMSAO7lF
- 21:42 (IST)Bowling change!Time for some spin, Mitchell Santner has been introduced into the attack.
- 21:37 (IST)Four!Pure timing from Babar Azam, opens the face of the bat and gets a boundary.
- 21:32 (IST)Four!Short and wide from de Grandhomme and Hafeez finds the gap on the off side again. Boundary to end the 16th over. Pakistan are 71/2 and drinks has been called for.
- 21:29 (IST)Hit on the helmet!Lockie Ferguson comes up with a typical fast bowler's reply. Short ball directed at the head of Hafeez and hits him straight in the grill. He is fine but that was sharp from Ferguson.
- 21:27 (IST)Four!Leg side this time, same result. Second boundary off the over from Hafeez.
- 21:26 (IST)Four!Mohammad Hafeez is enjoying the short stuff now from Lockie Ferguson. Threaded this between the point and cover fielders for a boundary.
- 21:22 (IST)Bowling change!Colin de Grandhomme has been introduced into the attack by Kane Williamson, as New Zealand search for wickets.
- 21:18 (IST)Four!Mohammad Hafeez takes on the short ball and pulls it on the leg side for a boundary.
- 21:17 (IST)Match delayed due to sightscreen issues!Just when you thought that there will no delays in the game thanks to a sunny day in Birmingham, it is the sightscreen that has caused the delay here at Edgbaston.
- 21:03 (IST)OUT!Martin Guptill has taken a blinder at point. Lockie Ferguson bowls this short and it got big on Imam-ul-Haq. Guptill takes a clean diving catch to send back the opener. Pakistan lose their second.
- 21:01 (IST)End of first powerplay!Pakistan have done well here, scored at over four runs an over and lost just one wicket of Fakhar Zaman. They will be looking to capitalize on this good start.