Highlights, India vs Pakistan, ICC U-19 World Cup Semi-Final: Yashasvi Jaiswal Scores Ton As India Beat Pakistan In Semis
IND vs PAK ICC U-19 World Cup Semi-Final, Highlights: Yashasvi Jaiswal smashed an unbeaten century as India beat Pakistan by 10 wickets to reach their third successive finals.
Yashasvi Jaiswal's unbeaten hundred and Divyansh Saxena's gritty fifty helped India completely decimate Pakistan by 10 wickets in the semi-final and book a place in their third successive final of Under-19 World Cup at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom on Tuesday. Chasing a modest 173 to win, both the Indian openers started cautiously and saw off the early danger from the opposition bowlers. Although they didn't score at a rapid pace in the first powerplay, they ensured that they didn't lose any wickets. However, in the next five overs, the duo changed gears and added 25 runs. Pakistan bowlers failed to make any inroads and India cruised to an easy win. Earlier, Indian bowlers proved Pakistan skipper Rohail Nazir's decision to bat after winning the toss wrong, picking up up two wickets in the first powerplay. India's pace bowling duo of Sushant Mishra and Kartik Tyagi troubled the Pakistani batsmen with their pace and bounce throughout and were the pick of the bowlers. Mishra was the most successful of the lot as he took three wickets while Tyagi also chipped in with two wickets. Leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi was another standout performer for the side as he picked up two wickets in the middle overs. (INDIA vs PAKISTAN SCORECARD)
Highlights Between India vs Pakistan ICC Under-19 World Cup Semi-Final, straight from Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
Super League Semi Final 1, ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, 2020, Feb 04, 2020
India Under-19 beat Pakistan Under-19 by 10 wickets
- 19:44 (IST)Hundred for Yashasvi Jaiswal! India beat Pakistan to book a final berth!Yashasvi Jaiswal brings up his 100 in style with a mighty hit over mid-wicket. India beat Pakistan by 10 wickets to reach the final of Under-19 World Cup
- 19:20 (IST)Four! 150 up for India!Abbas Afridi angles the ball in to Divyansh Saxena he watches the ball till the very end and taps it towards third man and collects a boundary.
- 19:16 (IST)Fifty for Saxena!Divyansh Saxena drives a full toss from Abbas Afridi towards deep cover and takes a single to complete a gritty half-century.
- 18:48 (IST)Four!Amir Khan bowls on the leg stump and Yashasvi Jaiswal uses his wrists to flick it towards midwicket for second boundary of the over. With that shot he also brought up his fifty.
- 18:15 (IST)Four! 50 up for IndiaQasim Akram offers width outside off stump and Yashasvi Jaiswal drives it through covers for second boundary of the over and with that he also brings up 50 runs on the board for India.
- 17:18 (IST)Get ready for the chase!India openers Divyansh Saxena and Yashasvi Jaiswal are out in the middle and so are the Pakistan fielders and we are just moments away from the chase to begin.
- 16:51 (IST)Sushannt Mishra takes his third as Pakistan bundle out for 172 runs!Sushant Mishra ends the Pakistan innings for 172 runs in 43.1 over with a brilliant short-pitch delivery. India need 173 to reach their consecutive final.
- 16:41 (IST)Pakistan skipper's fighting innings comes to an end!Sushant Mishra fires in a bouncer angling in to Rohail Nazir and he goes for a pull, only manages a top edge and the ball goes only as far as square leg fielder who takes a simple catch.