Turning Point News
- Deadline Over, Women Footballers Wait For 'Fair Play' As Government Swings Into Action
The AFC Women's Club Championship starts on Saturday. The schedule says that India's matches have been cancelled, but the club from India, Gokulam Kerala FC is still hoping for a turnaround as the centre has now got involved and is negotiating with FIFA to let the girls play.
- Racism Or Alcohol-Fuelled Hate At Edgbaston?
Authorities at Warwickshire have expressed concern, carrying out an inquiry. Timeline for deliverance of justice undefined.
- IPL Will Be No.1 Sports Property In The World: Lalit Modi
The former chairman of the franchise cricket league added that he believes that IPL media rights valuation will double again in the next cycle.
- Mithali Raj Opens Up On Life After Retirement And Her Rich Legacy
Former Indian women's cricket team captain Mithali Raj said goodbye to cricket last week after a 23-year-long cricket career.
- Rafael Nadal: What Is His Injury And How Soon Can The Spaniard Return?
Every tennis fan will hope for at least one last slam when all three greats of the generation show up before the next gen takes over.
- The Women Who Punched Away Social Stereotypes
If Mary Kom started the revolution, these girls are still sowing seeds of aspiration in their community and village. To reach as far as Mary has got, they will have a long road to travel.
- Badminton's History Makers: The Push To Podium
Indian badminton achieved a rare high over the weekend by winning the Thomas Cup. This, one of the best wins in Indian sport, did not happen by chance. True, India were underdogs against badminton giants like Malaysia, Denmark and Indonesia but the path to podium was laid almost a decade back.