- Tokyo Olympics: Rowers Arjun Lal Jat, Arvind Singh Fail To Qualify For Lightweight Double Sculls Final
Tokyo Olympics: Indian rowers Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh failed to qualify for the men's lightweight double sculls final at the Tokyo Olympics after finishing sixth and last in the second semifinal.
- Tokyo Games: Olympic Rowing Schedule Disrupted By Incoming Storm
The tropical storm approaching Tokyo has forced Olympic organisers to reschedule rowing finals because of the danger of strong winds approaching Tokyo.
- 35 Indian Rowers, Including Tokyo Olympics Hopefuls, Get Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine
A group of 35 Indian rowers, some of them preparing for Tokyo Olympics, became the first sports group in the country to be fully vaccinated after getting the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- 22 Rowers Of India's U-18 Squad Fail Doping Tests
The members of the India's under-18 squad all tested positive for probenecid, a drug used to treat gout that is also a masking agent banned by the WADA.
- Australian Rower, Training In Lockdown, Inadvertently Sets World Record
Georgie Rowe smashed the heavyweight women's half-marathon set five years ago by US rower Esther Lofgren by more than 40 seconds.
- 3-Time Olympic Rowing Gold Medalist Pete Reed Paralysed Following Stroke
Pete Reed had tweeted earlier this month he had suffered a spinal stroke which he added is "very rare" and he took to Instagram to reveal the fall-out from it.
- Tokyo Favours Venue Changes as 2020 Olympic Games Costs Soar
Tokyo had touted access to a USD 4.5 billion war chest when it beat Madrid and Istanbul in its successful 2013 bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games
- India Bag Five Silver Medals In Asian Rowing Championships
Indian Rowers bagged a total of seven medals in the Asian Rowing Championships in Beijing. The tally included five silver and two bronze.
- Indian Rowers in Asian Games Medal Rounds
Sawarn Singh Virk entered the final of the single sculls while double sculls and lightweight quadruple sculls teams also reached the finals.
- Asian Games 2014: Two Indian Rowing Teams in Final Round
The women's pair team of Sanjukta Dung Dung-Pratap Tarunikha qualified for the final despite finishing sixth in the heat number one by clocking 8:24.48 to cover a distance of 2000m at Chungju Tangeum Lake Rowing Center here.
- Indian rowers' performance exposes gap with world counterparts
India were never in contention for a medal but the 16th-place finish in single sculls and 19th in the lightweight double sculls in the Olympic Games were clear indications of the huge gap the country's rowers still have with their international counterparts.
- London 2012 Rowing: Sandeep Kumar, Manjeet Singh finish second last
India's campaign in the rowing event of the London Olympics came to a dismal end with the duo of Sandeep Kumar and Manjeet Singh finishing second last in the Men's Double sculls event at the Eton Dorney Rowing centre here on Saturday.
- London 2012 Rowing: Grainger hits Olympic jackpot, Kiwis at the double
Great Britain's Katherine Grainger finally became an Olympic champion while New Zealand took two titles at the London 2012 rowing regatta on Friday.
- London 2012 Rowing: South Africa claim first rowing gold
South Africa stunned favourites Great Britain and Denmark to claim their first ever Olympic rowing gold medal in the lightweight men's four on Thursday in front of a 25,000 crowd.
- Australian rower detained by police
Australian rower Josh Booth was detained by police for allegedly causing damage to a storefront in an alcohol-related incident hours after he competed in the men's eight at the Olympic rowing basin.
- London 2012 Rowing: Rowers give Britain first home gold
The British pair of Helen Glover and Heather Stanning gave the host nation their first gold medal of the London Olympics with a victory in the women's pair rowing in London on Wednesday.
- London 2012 Rowing: Swarn Singh enters quarterfinal round
Indian rower Swarn Singh Virk held off a late challenge from his South Korean rival to win the single sculls repechage round and book a berth in the quarterfinals in the London Olympics here on Sunday.
- Rowing: Swarn Singh Virk 4th in singles sculls heats, to fight in repechage
India's Swarn Singh Virk finished fourth in the heats of the single sculls event of rowing competition in the London Olympics.