- Beijing Winter Olympics: China Drops Plans To Sell Tickets As Covid Cases Rise
China on Monday cancelled plans to sell tickets to the public for the Winter Olympics in Beijing, allowing only invitees to view the action as part of strict virus control measures.
- Winter Olympics-Bound Arif Khan Included In TOPS, Granted INR 17.46 Lakh For Training
The 31-year-old Arif Khan is the first Indian athlete to qualify for two events at the Winter Olympic Games, scheduled to be held in Beijing from February 4.
- Paris Olympics Opening Ceremony To Be Held On River Seine
Paris 2024 Olympics opening ceremony to be held on the River Seine.
- Canada Announces Diplomatic Boycott Of Beijing Olympics
Canada said Wednesday it will join the United States and other countries in a diplomatic boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics in February.
- Australia Joins US Diplomatic Boycott Of Beijing Winter Olympics
Australia will not send officials to the upcoming winter Olympics in Beijing, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Wednesday, joining a US diplomatic boycott of the event.
- US Announces Diplomatic Boycott Of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
The United States Monday announced a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, a calibrated rebuke of China's human rights record that stops short of preventing US athletes from competing.
- IOA Sets Ball Rolling For December 19 Polls, Issues Notification For Nominations
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has set the ball rolling for the election of its new office bearers, to be held during its December 19 Annual General Meeting in Guwahati, by issuing the notification of the poll process.
- Winter Games: Beijing Flame To Be Lit In A Vacuum In Olympia
The Olympic flame will once again be lit in an empty stadium on Monday as it starts its truncated journey to Beijing for the Winter Games in February.
- In Talks With IOC For 2036 Olympics, Narendra Modi Stadium Best Venue: IOA Chief
IOA president Narinder Batra said that the organization is in talks with the IOC for a possible bid by India to host the 2036 summer games with Narendra Modi Stadium emerging as the best venue for an opening ceremony.
- Olympic Flame Lighting In Greece Without Spectators Again
The Olympic flame for the 2020 Tokyo Games was also lit in a ceremony in Ancient Olympia without spectators because of fears over coronavirus.
- Abhinav Bindra Meets "India's Golden Man" Neeraj Chopra, Presents Him A Special Gift
2008 Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra met Neeraj Chopra and presented him with a special gift.
- B Sample Confirms British Tokyo Olympics Silver Medallist CJ Ujah's Positive Doping Test
Team Great Britain's silver medal in the men's 4x100 metres relay at the Tokyo Olympics is almost certain to be stripped after the International Testing Agency confirmed that CJ Ujah's B sample has tested positive for banned substances.
- "Feels Quite Surreal": Avani Lekhara Satisfied After Winning Medals In Tokyo Paralympics
Tokyo Paralympics: Shooter Avani Lekhara expressed her happiness after winning gold and bronze medals at the Games.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Presents Cash Award To Paralympian Pramod Bhagat
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik felicitated world champion para shuttler Pramod Bhagat with a cash reward of Rs. 6 crore on Friday.
- Aiming To Win 25 Medals, Including 10 Gold, In 2024 Paralympics: PCI Secretary-General
During the felicitation ceremony for the Indian contingent participating at the Tokyo Paralympics, the PCI Secretary-General Gursharan Singh stated India will aim to win 25 medals in Paris 2024, including 10 gold.
- Tokyo Paralympics: Was An "Amazing Campaign" For Indian Contingent, Says Deputy Chef De Mission
Tokyo Paralympics: Team India's Deputy Chef de Mission Arhan Bagati hailed the athletes for their determination during the Games.
- PM Modi Hosts India's Paralympic Contingent After Best-Ever Campaign
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted India's Paralympic contingent at his residence in New Delhi and they presented him with an autographed stole.
- Sports Minister Anurag Thakur Felicitates Tokyo Paralympics Medal Winners
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur felicitated the 17 medal-winners from the Tokyo Paralympics on Wednesday.