IPL 2021, RR vs MI Highlights: Ishan Kishan, Bowlers Help Mumbai Indians Hammer Rajasthan Royals By 8 Wickets
IPL 2021, Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians Highlights: Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royas by 8 wickets to stay alive in race to playoffs.
After a top-class bowling show, opener Ishan Kishan scored a 25-ball 50-run to guide Mumbai Indians (MI) to an 8-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium to stay alive in the race to playoffs in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021. Rohit Sharma-led side chased down the target of 91 runs in the ninth over of their innings. Earlier bowling first, Nathan Coulter Nile was the top performer with the ball for the defending champions. Coulter Nile gave away just 14 runs in his four overs and picked up four wickets. Jimmy Neesham got three wickets, while Jasprit Bumrah got two wickets. With this victory, MI got a boost in their net run-rate and moved up to the fifth spot in the points table. Now if they win their final league stage clash against SunRisers Hyderabad then they will have a better chance to qualify for the playoffs. While Rajasthan Royals need to win their final fixture against Kolkata Knight Riders and depend on other performances to get through in the final four. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2021 Highlights Between Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians, Straight From Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- 22:44 (IST)Roads Tough But Both Team Still Alive In Race To Playoff!With this win, Mumbai Indians moved up to the fifth spot in the points tally with 12 points. They got a big boost in their net run rate as well as they chased down the target of 91 runs in 9th over of their innings. Roads are still tough for MI for playoff qualification as they need to win their next clash against SunRisers Hyderabad and depend on other fixtures as well. Rajasthan Royals are still not out from the qualification race as if they win their next game and other results go in their way they will make it in the final four.That's all from the RR vs MI blog. Do Join us tomorrow where Virat Kohli-led Royal Challengers Bangalore will take on Kane Williamson-led SunRisers Hyderabad to make their case stronger for a top-two finish in the points table.
- 22:27 (IST)MI Alive In Race To Playoffs As They Beat RR By 8 Wickets!Mustafizur to Kishan, SIX!! Mumbai Indians have won this clash by 8 wickets. They chased down the target of 91 runs in the ninth over of the match. Ishan Kishan has been amazing at the top for his team as he got to his 50 with that last ball six.
- 20:49 (IST)MI On Top!After 14 overs, Rajasthan Royals are at 67 runs for the loss of five wickets. David Miller and Rahul Tewatia are batting and eyeing a fighting total on the board after 20 overs. David Miller has scored just one fifty this season and the franchise would expect a lot from him today to deliver in a must-win game. Mumbai Indians bowlers have been in top form, Jimmy Neesham and Nathan Coulter Nile bowled with brilliant economy and got two wickets each.
- 20:07 (IST)Virtual Knock-Out Game For Mumbai Indians!This is a virtual knock-out game for defending champions Mumbai Indians. If they lose today, then Rajasthan Royals will go up to 12 points and face KKR in their final game who also sit at 12 points. So, the winner of the clash between RR and KKR will book their place in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Punjab Kings will also get knocked out if today's result goes in favour of the Rajasthan Royals.RR 41/2 in 6 overs
- 19:18 (IST)Two Changes In RR Playing XI!Rajasthan Royals Playing XI: Evin Lewis, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson(w/c), Shivam Dube, Glenn Phillips, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Shreyas Gopal, Kuldip Yadav, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya
- 19:17 (IST)Ishan Kishan And Jimmy Neesham Back In MI Playing XI!Mumbai Indians Playing XI: Rohit Sharma(c), Ishan Kishan(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, James Neesham, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jayant Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
- 18:44 (IST)Sam Curran Ruled Out Of IPL And T20 World Cup!Chennai Super Kings and England all-rounder Sam Curran has been ruled out of remainder of IPL 2021and the upcoming T20 World Cup.
Sam Curran has been ruled out of the IPL 2021 and ICC Men's T20 World Cup with a lower back injury.— Chennai Super Kings - Mask Pdu Whistle Pdu! (@ChennaiIPL) October 5, 2021
Read More https://t.co/g0QxFNbWls
- 17:57 (IST)Hello And Welcome!Hello and Welcome to the live blog of the Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians IPL 2021 match. This is a must-win game for both the teams as the tournament has reached its business end and just one more team can qualify for the playoffs. Both RR and MI have 10 points with them in the points table and got two more games left this year. Rohit Sharma-led Mumbai are coming after a defeat in the previous clash vs Delhi Capitals while Rajasthan won their previous game vs Chennai Super Kings with heroics of Yashasvi Jaiswal (50) and Shivam Dube (64*).The match will start at 7:30 PM IST and the toss will take place at 7:00 PM IST. Stay with us for all the live updates.