DC vs MI, IPL 2020 Highlights: Ishan Kishan Guides Mumbai Indians To Victory After Bowlers Shine vs Delhi Capitals
IPL 2020 Highlights DC vs MI: After bowlers' superb show, Ishan Kishan scored a blistering fifty to help Mumbai Indians thrash Delhi capitals by nine wickets.
Chasing 111 to win, Quinton de Kock and Ishan Kishan got Mumbai Indians off to a solid start as they added 68 runs for the opening wicket. The two left-handers started cautiously against the new ball but changed gears later on and reached 38/0 at the end of six overs. They brought up the 50-run stand for the opening wicket inside nine overs. de Kock departed against the run of play ending the opening wicket stand. Ishan Kishan completed his fifty off just 37 balls and eventually finished things off in style with a six. Suryakumar Yadav remained unbeaten on 12 off 11 balls. Earlier, Delhi Capitals batsmen put up another horrific show as MI bowlers restricted them to a paltry 110/9 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Saturday. Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult were the pick of the bowlers for the defending champions, with both taking three wickets each. While Boult impressed inside the Powerplay, Bumrah took charge in the middle overs and ripped through DC middle-order, picking three wickets in two overs. Boult returned with figures of 3/21, while Bumrah conceded only 17 runs for his three wickets. Boult struck inside the Powerplay as he got rid of both their openers Shikhar Dhawan and Prithvi Shaw cheaply. Ater two early wickets, MI bowlers dominated the Powerplay and dried up the runs for DC as they reached 22/2 -- the second lowest Powerplay total of this season. Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant began the rebuilding process but DC skipper got out against the run of play off Rahul Chahar's bowling. Bumrah then ripped through DC's middle order, picking up three wickets in two overs. He accounted for the wickets of Marcus Stoinis, Rishabh Pant and Harshal Patel. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 51 Highlights Between Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians, From Dubai International Stadium
- 18:39 (IST)Thank you for tuning in!That brings to an end our coverage of this match. Wasn't as exciting as many people anticipated it to be but it certainly has spiced up the race for playoffs. RCB will take on SRH in today's second game and it promises to be an exciting contest. Don't tune our coverage for that game.
- 18:03 (IST)50-run stand for opening wicket!Quinto de Kock and Ishan Kishan gave Mumbai Indians another solid start, adding 50 runs for the opening wicket inside nine overs.
- 17:53 (IST)Mumbai Indians 38/0 after six overs!After a slow start, Mumbai Indians openers changed gears and smashed some glorious boundaries, taking their score to 38/0 at the end of six overs -- 11 of which came in the last over of the Powerplay.
- 17:08 (IST)Mumbai Indians need 111 to win!Jasprit Bumrah gives away only three runs in the last over of the innings as DC finish at 110/9 after 20 overs.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 31, 2020
Three wickets apiece for B & B as #MumbaiIndians restrict #DelhiCapitals to a score of 110/9 on the board.
Scorecard - https://t.co/8MWEaoY1Qn #Dream11IPL | @trent_boult | @Jaspritbumrah93 pic.twitter.com/Sr7WZqhywb
- 17:02 (IST)SIX!Kagiso Rabada comes in and does what most Delhi Capitals players failed to do. He smashed a full length delivery over Trent Boult's head for a first-ball six. Thanks to Rabada's big hit, 11 runs came off the penultimate over which also took their tally past 100-mark. DC 107/8 with six balls left.
- 16:48 (IST)WICKET! Shimron Hetmyer c Krunal Pandya b Coulter-Nile 11(13)!Another poor shot selection has seen Delhi Capitals batsman gifting his wicket. Nathan Coulter-Nile bowled short into Shimron Hetmyer's body and he pulled it straight into the hands of deep square leg fielder placed specifically for that. DC are 78/7
- 16:44 (IST)WICKET! Bumrah on fire! Poor decision!Jasprit Bumrah is bowling a magnificent spell. He bowled a fats in-swinging delivery that hit Harshal Patel's pads. The umpire raised his finger and guess what it was poor decision as it would have travelled over the stumps. DC had no reviews left and Harshal had no other choice but to leave the field.
- 16:32 (IST)WICKET! Rishabh Pant lbw b Bumrah 21(24)!Jasprit Bumrah bowls a nice in-swinging delivery, Rishabh Pant decided to go across but was late on the shot, the ball trapped him right in front and umpire raised his finger in affirmation. Pant sends it upstairs and but replay showed three reds and he has to depart. DC lose their review.
- 16:20 (IST)WICKET! Shreyas Iyer st de Kock b Rahul Chahar 25 (29)!This is big blow to Delhi Capitals as their skipper departs courtesy a lightening quick glove work by Quinto de Kock. Rahul Chahar deceived Iyer with his flighted delivery who missed the shot and went off balance and de Kock spotted that and rattled the stumps to send him packing.
- 15:47 (IST)WICKET! Prithvi Shaw c de Kock b Boult 10(11)!Prithvi Shaw overtly aggressive approach has cost him his wicket. He had already smashed two boundaries in the over but still went for the third one. The ball took a leading edge and went high in the air, Quinton de Kock settled himself underneath and grabbed it nicely.