RR vs MI, IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Ben Stokes Smashes Century As Rajasthan Royals Complete Thrilling Chase vs Mumbai Indians
RR vs MI IPL 2020 Highlights: Ben Stokes and Sanju Samson stitched an unbeaten partnership of 152 runs to help Rajasthan Royals defeat Mumbai Indians by 8 wickets.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) defeated Mumbai Indians (MI) by eight wickets in the 45th match of IPL 2020 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. Ben Stokes and Sanju Samson stitched an unbeaten partnership of 152 runs, to help RR chase down a target of 196. Stokes scored his second century in the IPL, smashing 107 runs off 60 deliveries. The Englishman's innings comprised of fourteen boundaries and three sixes. Samson registered his 13th half-century in the IPL, accumulating 54 runs from 31 balls with four boundaries and three maximums to his credit. Australian pacer James Pattinson was the pick of the bowlers for MI, accounting for two wickets. MI posted a total of 195 runs for the loss of five wickets after skipper Kieron Pollard won the toss and opted to bat. All-rounder Hardik Pandya was the highest run-scorer, smashing 60 runs off 21 deliveries, with two boundaries and seven sixes to his credit. Suryakumar Yadav was the second highest run-getter, accumulating 40 runs off 26 balls. Jofra Archer and Shreyas Gopal picked two wickets apiece for RR. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 45 Highlights Between Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians, Straight From Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 23:08 (IST)RR defeat MI by 8 wicketsRajasthan Royals defeat Mumbai Indians by 8 wickets, as Ben Stokes finishes the chase with a boundary over cover following a low full-toss. CSK are now the first team to be officially knocked out of IPL 2020, after RR's triumph.
- 23:07 (IST)Stokes completes his second century in the IPL with a sixBen Stokes records his second century in the IPL with an excellent six off a back of length delivery, which he pulled astutely over mid-wicket.
- 22:51 (IST)Half-century for Sanju SamsonSanju Samson has completed his 13th half-century in the IPL. Samson nudged the ball in front of square on the on-side, with some quick running between the wickets to complete two runs. The batsman has further completed 2000 runs for the Rajasthan Royals. RR 157/2 after 15 overs, Need another 39 runs off 30 deliveries.
- 22:41 (IST)100-run partnership between Sanju Samson and Ben StokesSanju Samson smashes a clean six over long-off with some excellent footwork, bringing up the 100-run partnership between him and Ben Stokes.
- 22:23 (IST)Stokes completes his half-century with a boundaryBen Stokes registers his 2nd IPL half-century, with an excellent shot in front of square on the leg-side. RR 99/2 after 10 overs
- 21:59 (IST)RR end powerplay with a boundaryBen Stokes gets his sixth boundary of the innings with a slog sweep. Hardik Pandya failed to complete a catch off the miscalculated shot, with the ball going on to hit the ropes. RR 55/2 after 6 overs
- 21:18 (IST)RR need 196 runs to winMumbai Indians finish with a score of 195 runs for the loss of five wickets in 20 overs. Hardik Pandya smashed a fantastic six off the final delivery, thrashing the ball over long-off. The all-rounder has finished unbeaten with a score of 60 runs off 21 deliveries.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 25, 2020
A quick-fire half-century at the back end of the innings by @hardikpandya7 as #MumbaiIndians post a total of 195/5 on the board.
Will #RR chase this down?#Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/OB3AcTeZcr