DC vs RR IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Delhi Capitals Hold Their Nerve To Beat Rajasthan Royals By 13 Runs
DC vs RR IPL 2020: Delhi Capitals defeated Rajasthan Royals by 13 runs, with the win propelling them to the top of the points table.
Delhi Capitals (DC) defeated Rajasthan Royals (RR) by 13 runs in the 30th match of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. DC skipper Shreyas Iyer won the toss and opted to bat. Opener Shikhar Dhawan and Iyer scored half-centuries to help the side post a total of 161 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Prithvi Shaw and Marcus Stoinis failed to make their presence felt, with the latter's failure catching fans by surprise following his excellent performances in the ongoing edition. English pacer Jofra Archer was the pick of the bowlers for RR, accounting for three wickets. The chase began on an exciting note, with openers Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes smashing the ball to all corners of the ground. However, Buttler's dismissal helped the DC bowlers make a comeback in the game, which they took full advantage of. Pacers Anrich Nortje and Tushar Deshpande accounted for two wickets apiece, with RR restricted to 148. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 30 Highlights Between Delhi Capitals And Rajasthan Royals, Straight From The Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match 30, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 14, 2020
- 23:12 (IST)Delhi Capitals back to winning waysDelhi Capitals are back to winning ways, following victory by a margin of 13 runs against Rajasthan Royals (RR). Tushar Deshpande accounted for the dismissal of Shreyas Gopal off the final delivery, with Lalit Yadav completing a sitter.
- 22:54 (IST)WICKET! Robin Uthappa b Anrich Nortje 32 (27)Robin Uthappa departs for 32, following a fine yorker from Anrich Nortje which goes on to hit the stumps at great speed, with Uthappa left in no position to negotiate the delivery. Jofra Archer is the new man in.
- 22:23 (IST)WICKET! Sanju Samson b Axar Patel 25 (18)Sanju Samson departs for 25 runs off 18 deliveries, following a fine delivery by Axar Patel which Samson edged back to the stumps. Riyan Parag is the new man in.
- 22:13 (IST)WICKET! Ben Stokes c Lalit Yadav b Tushar Deshpande 41 (35)Ben Stokes was dismissed for 41 runs off 36 deliveries, after being deceived by a slower delivery, handing a simple catch to Lalit Yadav at long-on. Robin Uthappa is the new man in.
- 21:43 (IST)WICKET! Jos Buttler b Anrich Nortje 22 (9)Jos Buttler departs for 22 runs off 9 deliveries, following a fast and accurate delivery from Anrich Nortje which Buttler failed to negotiate, with the ball going on to hit the stumps. Steve Smith is the new man in.
- 21:17 (IST)RR need 162 runs to winRR need 162 runs to win, as DC finish their innings with a score of 161/7 in 20 overs. The Delhi-based franchise lost a wicket off the final delivery of the innings, as Axar Patel attempted to get some runs off a wide delivery without proper contact, resulting in an outside edge being taken near short third man.
- 21:01 (IST)
- 20:52 (IST)WICKET! Shreyas Iyer c Jofra Archer b Karthik Tyagi 53 (43)Shreyas Iyer departs for 53 runs off 43 deliveries, as he hits a shot right off the cue-end, skieng it in front of long-off with Jofra Archer completing the catch. Alex Carey is the new man in.