CSK vs RCB IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Virat Kohli, Chris Morris The Stars As Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Chennai Super Kings By 37 Runs
CSK vs RCB Highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore defeated Chennai Super Kings by 37 runs, to record a rare Southern derby triumph.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by 37 runs in the 25th match of the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). RCB have rarely emerged victorious in Southern derby matches, and this win will certainly be a major boost for the players.The Bangalore-based franchise won the toss and opted to bat, posting a total of 169 runs for the loss of four wickets in 20 overs.Skipper Virat Kohli was the highest run-scorer for RCB, smashing 90 runs off 52 deliveries in an innings comprising of four boundaries and the same number of sixes. Opener Devdutt Padikkal was the second-highest run-scorer, scoring 33 runs. Pacer Shardul Thakur was the pick of the bowlers for CSK, accounting for the dismissals of Padikkal and AB de Villiers. CSK were never really in the chase losing wickets at regular intervals, with South African all-rounder Chris Morris making an impact in his first game for RCB. The Chennai-based franchise were restricted to 132/8 as Morris finished with three wickets, with Washington Sundar accounting for two wickets. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 25 Highlights Between Chennai Super Kings And Royal Challengers Bangalore, Straight From The Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match 25, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 10, 2020
- 23:19 (IST)RCB back to winning waysRCB are back to winning ways, as they defeat CSK by 37 runs following an excellent performance. Virat Kohli and Chris Morris have been the stars for the Bangalore-based franchise.
- 22:58 (IST)WICKET! Sam Curran c AB de Villiers b Chris Morris 0 (1)Sam Curran departs for a duck after shuffling across early for the short ball, generating a deflection off the bat to wicketkeeper AB de Villiers. The umpire initially turned it down, before a DRS review by RCB confirmed the dismissal. Ravindra Jadeja is the next batsman in.
- 22:10 (IST)FOUR!Opening boundary of the innings for Ambati Rayadu, who plays an upper cut just above the keeper's head, with the ball going down to the boundary. The batsman has further completed 1000 runs in the IPL for CSK.
- 21:58 (IST)WICKET! Shane Watson b Washington Sundar 14 (18)Shane Watson departs for 14 runs off 18 deliveries, after attempting an early slog-sweep and going on to miss the ball, which hits the stumps.
- 21:52 (IST)WICKET! Faf du Plessis c Chris Morris b Washington Sundar 8 (10)Faf du Plessis departs for 8 runs off 10 deliveries, after attempting a big hit off a delivery pitched up at the stumps without proper contact, resulting in an opportunity for Chris Morris. Ambati Rayadu is the new man in. Six runs off Washington Sundar's opening over of the innings.
- 21:50 (IST)FOUR!Shane Watson gets his second boundary of the innings, hitting the off-cutter bowled on the pads by Isuru Udana over Yuzvendra Chahal at square leg. 9 runs for CSK off the second and third overs of the innings bowled by Navdeep Saini and Udana.CSK 13/0 after 3 overs, need another 157 runs off 102 deliveries.
- 21:15 (IST)Chennai Super Kings need 170 runs to winChennai Super Kings need 170 runs to win as Royal Challengers Bangalore finish their innings with a score of 169/4. Skipper Virat Kohli remains unbeaten at 90 off 52 deliveries.
- 21:04 (IST)SIX!Virat Kohli gets his fourth six of the innings, bringing up the 50-run partnership with Shivam Dube. Kohli charged down the wicket and lofted the ball through the line, straight back over.
- 20:56 (IST)Half-century for Virat KohliVirat Kohli has completed his 38th half-century in the IPL off 39 deliveries, with a boundary. Kohli pulled the short delivery behind square on the leg-side, leaving the fielder in no position to stop the ball.
- 20:42 (IST)WICKET! Washington Sundar c MS Dhoni b Sam Curran 10 (10)Washington Sundar departs for 10, following a short delivery which the all-rounder attempted to smash without proper timing, resulting in an edge to MS Dhoni. Shivam Dube is the new man in.