India vs Australia Highlights, 3rd Test Day 1: Ravindra Jadeja Leads India's Fightback, Australia 156/4 At Stumps
IND vs AUS Highlights: Australia ended Day 1 of the third Test against India at 156/4 with Peter Handscomb (7*) and Cameron Green (6*) standing unbeaten at the crease
IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Day 1 Highlights: Australia ended Day 1 of the third Test against India at 156/4 with Peter Handscomb (7*) and Cameron Green (6*) standing unbeaten at the crease. At Stumps, the visitors lead India by 47 runs. For India, Ravindra Jadeja removed Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, and Travis Head. Earlier, Matthew Kuhnemann registered his maiden five-wicket haul in Test cricket as Australia bundled out India for 109 runs. Virat Kohli (22 runs) was the top scorer for the hosts. India skipper Rohit Sharma had won the toss and opted to bat first in the game. In the absence of regular skipper Pat Cummins, Australia are being led by Steve Smith.(SCORECARD)
India (Playing XI):Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ravindra Jadeja, Srikar Bharat(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Australia (Playing XI):Usman Khawaja, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith(c), Peter Handscomb, Cameron Green, Alex Carey(w), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Matthew Kuhnemann
Here are the Highlights of Day 1 of the 3rd Test between India and Australia from the Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- 16:41 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: StumpsAustralia finish Day 1 at 156/4 with Peter Handscomb (7*) and Cameroon Green (6*) standing unbeaten at the crease. The visitors have taken a lead by 47 runs. For India, Ravindra Jadeja was pick among the bowlers as he scalped four wickets and leaked 40 runs.
- 16:25 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: OUTOUT!!! Ravindra Jadeja takes his revenge as he removes Steve Smith for 26. The ball strikes on the edge of the bat and goes safely into the hands of Srikar Bharat behind the stumps. Fourth wicket for Jadeja.AUS 146/4 (48.5 overs)
- 16:22 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOURFOUR!!! Steve Smith continues his carnage and places another boundary on Ravindra Jadeja's delivery. Smith brilliantly whips it through the mid-wicket for a four.AUS 146/3 (48.4 overs)
- 16:19 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Back-to-back foursSteve Smith hits two back-to-back boundaries off Axar Patel's delivery. The first one comes after Smith makes a good use of the short delivery and smashes it towards the mid-wicket for a four. The second one comes after he tries to go for a drive but the ball hits the thick-edge.AUS 139/3 (47.2 overs)
- 16:13 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: India lose all three reviewsAfter losing out on their first two DRS reviews, Team India has now lost their third and final review after another failed appeal. This time, skipper Rohit Sharma took a chance after Ravindra Jadeja struck Steve Smith on the pads but the DRS showed that the ball was pitching outside and hence India lost the review.AUS 126/3 (44.3 overs)
- 16:01 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: OUTOUT!!! Ravindra Jadeja strikes again as he removes the dangerous man Usman Khawaja for 60. Khawaja plays a sweep shot but Shubman Gill takes a brilliant catch at the boundary line as Australia lose their third wicket. Big breakthrough for India as the hosts now eye a comeback.AUS 125/3 (42.3 overs)
- 15:59 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOURFOUR!!! Steve Smith hits a boundary off Axar Patel's delivery. Smith smashes it hard on the off-side as the ball goes past the fielder at the cover and crosses the boundary line. Australia brilliantly moving ahead in the game.AUS 125/2 (41.5 overs)
- 15:44 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Australia in leadAustralia have gone past India's score 109 with Usman Khawaja and Steve Smith standing unbeaten at the crease. The visitors now aim to take their side to a huge total. On the other hand, India are eying more wickets.AUS 110/2 (36.3 overs)
- 15:24 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: OUTOUT!!! India finally get a breakthrough as Ravindra Jadeja removes Marnus Labuschagne for 31. Labuschagne gets completely bamboozled by the delivery as the ball rattles the middle stump. Brilliant bowling from Jadeja.AUS 108/2 (34.3 overs)
- 15:21 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Good over from SirajMohammed Siraj concedes only two runs off his previous over and brilliantly controls the flow of runs. Usman Khawaja (52*) and Marnus Labuschagne (31*) are standing strong for Australia as the visitors trail by 2 runs.AUS 107/1 (34 overs)
- 15:07 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Fifty for KhawajaUsman Khawaja brings up his half-century off 102 deliveries. On the other hand, Marnus Labuschagne is standing unbeaten at 27. Australia trail by 10 runs now.AUS 99/1 (29.4 overs)
- 14:59 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOURFOUR!!! Marnus Labuschagne hits a boundary off Ravichandran Ashwin's delivery. The ball hits the edge and Labuschagne turns out to be lucky as it comfortably crosses the boundary line, going over Kohli's head.AUS 95/1 (28 overs)
- 14:49 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Khawaja solid for AustraliaUsman Khawaja is standing unbeaten at 45 with Marnus Labuschagne standing at the other end on 21. Ravindra Jadeja concedes only four runs in his previous over as Indian try to control the flow of runs. The visitors are still trailing by 21 runs.AUS 88/1 (25 overs)
- 14:38 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Play Resumes!Back-to-back boundaries for Khawaja. He moves into the 40s. While he flicks the first one through the leg side, Khawaja reverse-swept the second one.AUS: 81/1 (22.3)
- 14:20 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Tea on Day 1!Australia are bossing this game at the moment. They first bundled out India for a paltry total of 109 and then posted 71 for 1 against India in reply by Tea. They need 39 runs more to take a lead. Ravindra Jadeja provided India the first breakthrough but no-balls and demand for poor reviews from the player hurt India badly in the second session.
- 14:09 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Back-to-back fours for Australia!While the first boundary was hit by Usman Khawaja, the second boundary came after Ravindra Jadeja bowled down the leg of the batter and KS Bharat failed to collect the ball behind the stumps.AUS 69/1 (20.3)
- 13:48 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Khawaja, Labuschange keep Australia goingBoth Usman Khawaja and Marnus Labuschange have showed great fighting spirit so far. Despite several close calls, the duo have survived to add 36 runs for the second wicket. Considering the surface, this is turning out to be a superb partnership.AUS 48/1 (14)
- 13:35 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: India lose second review!Another poor review from India and Ravindra Jadeja is the culprit again! His delivery hit the back pad of Usman Khawaja and umpire was unmoved with the appeal. Jadeja convinced Rohit once again and the ball tracker suggested that it would have missed the leg stump by a fair margin.AUS 38/1 (10)
- 13:30 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOUR on byes!Ashwin bowled it down the leg side to Usman Khawaja. The ball stayed low and KS Bharat failed to collect it behind the stumps. The ball races to the fence for a four.AUS 35/1 (8.4)
- 13:27 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: India lose a review!A desperate review from India sees them lose one. A Ravindra Jadeja delivery hit the pad of Usman Khawaja. Umpire gave it not out, but Jadeja convinced skipper Rohit Sharma to go upstairs. Replays revealed that the ball was pitched outside leg stump.
- 13:11 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Wicket on no-ball!This is poor from Ravindra Jadeja. He got the wicket of Marnus Labuschagne but a no-ball from him sees the batter survive. Labuschagne had played the ball on his stumps, but he was lucky as Jadeja's front foot had crossed the line.AUS 15/1 (3)
- 13:07 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Ravindra Jadeja trapped Travis Head plumb in front of the stumps. Umpire was unconvinced with the appeal. However, India decided to review and it turned out to be a good one.AUS 12/1 (1.4)
- 13:02 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: 2nd innings underway!Travis Head and Usman Khawaja have started for Australia.
- 12:48 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Mohammed Siraj is run out and that will the end of the Indian innings. They have been bundled out for 109 runs.
- 12:43 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Matthew Kuhnemann gets better of Umesh Yadav and that is the end of a fine and valuable knock from the right-handed batter.IND 108/9 (32.2)
- 12:34 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOUR!Another powerful strike from Umesh Yadav and this time the ball goes for a four between the deep mid-wicket and long-on fielders.IND 106/8 (31)
- 12:34 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: SIX!Here is the second six from the willow of Umesh Yadav. This was a beautiful slog sweep from him that went over the fine leg fielder for a six.
- 12:31 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: SIX!Umesh Yadav does not waste time. He got one into his zone and tonked it into the stands for a six. This is a good strategy on this surface from a tailender point of view.IND 95/8 (30)
- 12:23 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Ashwin is out! Australian spinners continue to dominate India. Matthew Kuhnemann has got the wicket of R Ashwin. It was just another good review from Australia. Umpire was unconvinced with the appeal, but replays and snickometer revealed that Ashwin was caught behind.IND 88/8 (28.3)
- 12:15 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: 2nd session starts!The second session has started! Ravichandran Ashwin will face the first ball of the session. Matthew Kuhnemann will bowl the first over. Here we go!
- 11:40 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: Lunch on Day 1!That's a dream start for Australia in the third Test. The pitch has offered great help to spinners and Nathan Lyon and Matthew Kuhnemann have used it to their advantage beautifully by picking three wickets apiece. Todd Murphy got the big man Virat Kohli.IND 84/7 (26)
- 11:27 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!India are seven down! KS Bharat has been dismissed as LBW by Nathan Lyon. Umpire was unconvinced with the appeal, so Australia decided to go upstairs. It turned out to be a really good decision and the side was awarded the wicket of set batter Bharat.IND 82/7 (24.5)
- 11:19 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: SIX!A fuller ball from Todd Murphy and KS Bharat decides to take the aerial route. He executed the pull shot to perfection and the ball went for a six over the deep mid-wicket fence. This has been a really good knock from KS Bharat so far.IND 81/6 (23.2)
- 11:16 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOUR!A short ball from Nathan Lyon and Axar Patel hit it for a four. The southpaw transferred his body weight on the backfoot to perfecting before driving the ball from the extra cover region for a four.IND 75/6 (22.5)
- 11:11 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET! Kohli is out!This is a big-big wicket for Australia! Todd Murphy has got the better of Virat Kohli. The right-handed batter was looking well set at the crease, but he will now have to depart for a score of 22. Australia are back in control of the game.IND 70/6 (21.4)
- 10:54 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOUR!A confident shot from KS Bharat. Nathan Lyon bowled it full and Bharat brought out his slog sweep to hit the ball for a four towards the deep mid-wicket fence.IND 66/5 (16.4)
- 10:39 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: FOUR!There is a boundary for India after a long time. A loose ball from Nathan Lyon and Virat Kohli hit it for a four towards fine leg fence. The ball stayed low, but Kohli adjusted himself under the ball beautifully.IND 51/5 (13)
- 10:31 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Shreyas Iyer is dismissed as played on! He hit the Matthew Kuhnemann on his stumps. India are in deep trouble as they have lost five wickets with only 45 runs on the board. Australia could not have asked for a better start.IND 45/5 (11.2)
- 10:29 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Nathan Lyon strikes again! Ravindra Jadeja is out for 4 runs. India 44/4 in 10.5 overs vs Australia
- 10:18 (IST)IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Live: WICKET!Nathan Lyon has cleaned up Cheteswar Pujara. It was pitched well outside off, but the ball turned into the batter and stayed low. To be honest, Pujara had no chance to block the route of the ball with his bat. India 36/3 in 8.2 overs vs Australia.