IND vs ENG, 4th Test Highlights: Openers Take England To 77/0 At Stumps On Day 4, Chasing 368
India vs England Highlights: Openers Rory Burns and Haseeb Hameed gave England a solid start as they ended at 77/0 at Stumps on Day 4 of the fourth Test at The Oval.
Openers Rory Burns and Haseeb Hameed gave England a solid start as they ended at 77/0 at Stumps on Day 4 of the fourth Test at The Oval in their pursuit of the 368-run target. At Stumps, England still needed 291 more runs to win the Test match. Earlier, Shardul Thakur and Rishabh Pant scored incredible individual fifties as they propelled India to 466 runs in the second innings. India started the day poorly as they lost the wickets of Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja and Ajinkya Rahane in the morning session. Moeen Ali and Chris Woakes jolted the visitors early on with quick wickets to put the game in balance. However, Pant and Shardul batted incredibly together to take India to a competitive score. Yesterday, Rohit Sharma smashed his maiden overseas Test century as the visitors increased their lead in the final session on Day 3. The tourists ended Day 3 with 270 for three at Stumps, after bad light ended play. (SCORECARD)
India Vs England 4th Test, Day 4 Highlights From The Oval, London
- 23:24 (IST)Stumps - Day 4 !Stumps !England have ended Day 4 on a good note after enduring a tough day in the fieldRory Burns and Haseeb Hameed kept their wickets intact as the action now moves onto Day 5 nowIndian bowlers bowled well but failed to penetrate the defences of the battersENG 77/0 after 32 overs - Need 291 more runs to winBurns 31*Hameed 43*That's all from the Live Blog of Day 4, join us tomorrow again for an exciting finish to the matchTill then, goodbye and take care !
- 21:11 (IST)Injury Scare !Rohit and Pujara are having some discomfort and haven't taken the field for now
UPDATE - Rohit Sharma and Cheteshwar Pujara will not take the field. Rohit has discomfort in his left knee while Pujara has pain in his left ankle. The BCCI Medical Team is assessing them. #ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/ihMSUPR7Im— BCCI (@BCCI) September 5, 2021
- 20:55 (IST)India All-Out !Innings End !India have been all-out for 466 runs, thereby setting England a 368-run target to win the 4th TestOverton dismissed a dangerous looking Umesh after TeaIND 466 all outRohit Sharma 127,Shardul Thakur 60Chris Woakes 3/83
Craig Overton brings an end to India's innings with the wicket of Umesh Yadav.— ICC (@ICC) September 5, 2021
England have a target of 368 in front of them. Who holds the advantage? #WTC23 | #ENGvIND | https://t.co/QGdaGyCg2Y pic.twitter.com/APp8lS21Lm
- 20:42 (IST)Wicket - Woakes Gets Bumrah !Bumrah falls to Woakes as India lose their 9th wicketIND 450/9 after 146 overs - Lead by 351 runs
- 20:15 (IST)Tea - Day 4 !Tea Taken !An amazing session for the Indians as they extend their lead to 346 runs with 2 wickets still in handShardul Thakul and Rishabh Pant stole the show as they scored their individual fifties to propel IndiaIND 445/8 after 144 oversJasprit Bumrah 19*
- 19:50 (IST)Pant Scores Fifty And Departs !Rishabh Pant scored a remarkable 50 but soon got out to Moeen Ali as India lost their eighth wicketIND 414/8 after 138 overs - Lead by 315 runs
Rishabh Pant gets to his 7th Test fifty but is out caught and bowled by Moeen Ali soon after!— ICC (@ICC) September 5, 2021
are 414/8 and have a lead of 315 runs.#WTC23 | #ENGvIND | https://t.co/zRhnFiKhzZ pic.twitter.com/0u0xcyHvYQ
- 19:47 (IST)Wicket - Root Gets Shardul !A fine Shardul knock of 60 runs from 72 balls comes to an end as Root gets the breakthroughIND 412/7 after 137 overs - Lead by 313 runs
- 17:37 (IST)Lunch - 4th Test, Day 4 !Lunch Taken !England roared back in the morning session on Day 4 as they claimed three Indian wicketsJadeja, Rahane and Kohli were sent back with Woakes taking two and Ali taking one wicketIND 329/6 after 118 overs - Lead by 230 runsRishabh Pant 16*Shardul Thakur 11*
Lunch at The Oval— ICC (@ICC) September 5, 2021
England have scalped three wickets, including the big one of Virat Kohli, and have given away just 59 runs in the first session.
What does the next session have in store for us? #WTC23 | #ENGvIND | https://t.co/zRhnFiKhzZ pic.twitter.com/4TNOZcOVBM
- 17:06 (IST)Wicket - Ali Gets Kohli !A soft dismissal sees Kohli get out to Moeen Ali as Overton takes a simple catch in the slipsIND 312/6 after 111 overs - Lead by 213 runs