India vs England, 4th Test Highlights: Jasprit Bumrah Leads India's Fightback, England End Day 1 At 53/3
India vs England Highlights: India bagged the end of the day honours as they claimed three England wickets in quick succession at Stumps on Day 1 of the fourth Test at The Oval.
India recovered well to end the day slightly ahead of England as the pacers claimed three early wickets in the final session on Day 1 of the fourth Test at The Oval. England lost the crucial wickets of Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed and skipper Joe Root with the score at 53/3 at stumps, still trailing by 138 runs. At Stumps, Dawid Malan and Craig Overton were at the crease. Earlier, England dominated the first two sessions with regular wickets but soon found themselves at the receiving end of Shardul Thakur's blistering half-century. The counter-attacking display by Thakur helped India post 191 runs, with captain Virat Kohli also scoring an important fifty earlier in the day. Pacer Chris Woakes starred for England with four wickets as the Indian batting line-up did not get going until Thakur's blitz. The likes of KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Rishabh Pant, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane failed to make an impact as the Indian lower middle-order again saved India from a collapse. (SCORECARD)
England vs India, 4th Test, Day 1 Highlights From The Oval, London
- 23:05 (IST)Stumps - Day 1 !Stumps !An enthralling day's of cricket comes to an end as England finish 138 runs behind India's 191 runs in the first inningsAfter dominating early in the day, England were at the receiving end of some superb counter-attacking batting from Shardul Thakur as India stretched past the 190-run markThe Indian pacers then roared back to claim 3 wickets, including that of Joe Root, to finish on a highENG 53/3 after 17 oversDawid Malan 26*Craig Overton 1*That's all from the Live blog today, do join us for Day 2 actionTill then, goodbye and take care !
- 21:20 (IST)Six - Fifty Up For Shardul !Shardul Thakur hits a huge six off a short ball from Robinson to bring his fiftyWhat a knock by the right-handerIND 185/7 after 59.5 overs
- 20:16 (IST)Tea !Tea Taken !India go to Tea having lost their skipper Virat Kohli as well as his deputy Ajinkya Rahane in quick successionRishabh Pant and Shardul Thakur are at the crease with England clearly dominating playIND 122/6 after 51 overs
- 20:07 (IST)Wicket - Overton Gets Rahane !Overton dismisses Rahane just before Tea as India lose yet another wicketIND 117/6 after 49.5 overs
- 19:36 (IST)Wicket - Robinson Gets Kohli !Robinson gets the prized scalp of Virat Kohli straight after his fifty as India lose their fifth wicketIND 105/5 after 42.5 overs
- 19:29 (IST)50 For Kohli !Virat Kohli reaches yet another 50 and will be looking to make it count with a big one as he leads India's fightbackIND 105/4 after 39.5 overs
- 18:33 (IST)Wicket - Woakes Gets Jadeja !Chris Woakes strikes again as Jadeja edges one to Root who makes no mistake this time aroundIND 69/4 after 30 overs
- 18:18 (IST)Craig Overton From The Other End !Craig Overton starts from the other endSome really baffling decisions from the Indian camp today - No R Ashwin in the playing XI and sending R Jadeja ahead of Rahane in the batting orderOnly time will tell if Kohli and the think tank went the right wayIND 60/3 after 26.2 overs