India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test, Day 5 Highlights: Kuldeep Yadav, Cheteshwar Pujara Star In India's 188-Run Win Over Bangladesh
India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test Match, Day 5 Highlights: Kuldeep Yadav claimed 8 wickets, including a five-for in the first innings, and Cheteshwar Pujara starred with the scores of 90 and 102 not out as India defeated Bangladesh by 188 runs.
India vs Bangladesh, 1st Test Match, Day 5 Highlights: Kuldeep Yadav claimed 8 wickets, including a five-for in the first innings, and Cheteshwar Pujara starred with the scores of 90 and 102 not out as India defeated Bangladesh by 188 runs in the first Test of the two-match series at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram. The guests had posted 404 runs after KL Rahul won the toss and decided to bat first. India then bundled out Bangladesh for 150, gaining a first-innings lead of 254. Kuldeep Yadav had returned figures of 5 for 40. The KL Rahul-led side declared its second innings for 258 for 2, setting a 513-run target for Bangladesh. Shakib Al Hasan showed good resilience with his 84-run knock but he lacked support from other end as India bundled out his team for 324. Axar Patel registered a four-wicket haul in the final innings, while Kuldeep took three. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of Day 5 of the 1st Test Match between India and Bangladesh straight from Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
- 09:52 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: WICKET! India win!India have won the game by 188 runs. Axar Patel cleans up Taijul Islam and Bangladesh's resilience ends here. They are all out for 324 and India have taken a 1-0 lead in the two-match series. Axar returns with a four-wicket haul and Kuldeep ends the innings with three wickets to his name.
- 09:47 (IST)
- 09:43 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: WICKET!Shakib Al Hasan has been bowled by Kuldeep Yadav. His innings ends here and so goes, very likely, the resilience of Bangladesh in this big chase. Shakib departs for 84 with the team needing more than 190 runs to win this game. India need only two more wickets!BAN 320/8 (111)
- 09:29 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: SIX! FOUR!The field was set for Shakib Al Hasan and he knew it is going to be a bouncer. Mohammed Siraj banged it short and Shakib pulled it for a big six over fine leg. On the second ball of the over, Siraj bluffed Shakib with a good length delivery, but the batter still managed to hit past the mid-off fielder for a four.BAN 308/7 (108.2)
- 09:21 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: SIX! Fifty for Shakib Al Hasan!Shakib Al Hasan gets to his 30th Test half-century with a six over long-on. He danced down the track and hit an Axar Patel delivery for half a dozen. This is turning out to be a good knock from the Bangladesh skipper but he needs support from the other end to being his back in the game.BAN 289/7 (105.2)
- 09:11 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: WICKET!Mehidy Hasan is out! Mohammed Siraj claims the wicket. It was a length ball bowled outside off by Siraj and Hasan went for a drive and paid the price of playing a shot well away from his body. The ball took the outside edge of Hasan's bat and flew to Umesh Yadav at backward point. India are only three wickets away from win.BAN 283/7 (104.5)
- 08:47 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: Shakib stands between India and victoryShakib Al Hasan, who is unbeaten on 40 off 69 balls, has been a big trouble for India. The guests would have been closer to victory, had there not been the counter-attack from Shakib of late on Day 4. He is being accompanied by Mehidy Hasan at the crease. Another wicket for India and they will enter the tail of Bangladesh batting line-up.
- 08:36 (IST)India vs Bangladesh Live: Welcome guys!Hello everyone, welcome to final day of the first Test match between India and Bangladesh. Bangladesh will resume at the score of 272 for 6, needing 241 runs more to win, while India need the remaining four wickets. Stay connected for the live updates, including scores, related to the game.