- Two-Step Selection Process To Pick Wrestlers For Olympics, Antim Panghal To Compete Against Challenger
The wrestling squad for the 2024 Paris Olympics will be finalised through a two-step selection process.
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia Gets Bail In Criminal Defamation Case
Wrestler Bajrang Punia was on Thursday granted bail by a Delhi court in a criminal defamation case filed by coach Naresh Dahiya, who had accused the top wrestler of tarnishing his image with his statement during the protest against federation chief.
- World Body Ready To Lift Suspension Of WFI After Alections: Nenad Lalovic
United World Wrestling (UWW) will not interfere in the pending case relating to the alleged sexual harassment of Indian women grapplers by former WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh but will "listen to the voices of athletes"
- Deepak Punia Outplayed By idol Hasan Yazdani In Asian Games, Indian Wrestlers Return With Six Medals
Hasan Yazdani expectedly proved too good for Deepak Punia, who settled for a silver after losing by technical superiority to the Iranian legend in the men's 86kg category
- Asian Games 2023: Bajrang Punia Makes Medal-less Exit; Aman Wins Bronze
Bajrang Punia, who entered the Asian Games after escaping the selection trials, suffered embarrassing defeats to make a medal-less exit from Hangzhou
- Asian Games: Sonam Malik Takes Bronze After Pipping Chinese Long In Thrilling Play-Off
Young Indian wrestler Sonam Malik staved off a spirited challenge from China's Jia Long to win a bronze medal in the women's 62kg at the Asian Games
- Antim Panghal Wins Bronze On Tough Day For Indian Wrestlers At Asian Games
Teen sensation Antim Panghal humbled Tokyo Olympics medallist Bolortuya Bat-Ochir 3-1 to win a bronze medal
- Sunil Kumar Wins India's First Greco Roman Medal At Asian Games Since 2010
Sunil Kumar won India's first Greco Roman medal at the Asian Games in 13 years, bagging a bronze in the 87kg category.
- Asian Games: Sunil Kumar To Fight For Bronze, Other Greco Roman Wrestlers Bow Out
The other Indians in contention -- Gyanender (60kg), Neeraj (67kg) and Vikas (77kg) -- could not even win a single round.
- Antim Panghal Seeks New Start For Scandal-Hit Indian Wrestling At Asiad
Indian wrestler Antim Panghal begins her campaign for a medal at the Asian Games in Hangzhou this week
- Antim Panghal Wins World Bronze And Quota For Paris Olympics
Indian wrestler Antim Panghal's superb campaign at the World Championships culminated with a bronze medal.
- Antim Panghal Shocks Reigning World Champion, But Loses In Semis
Antim Panghal shocked reigning champion Olivia Dominique Parrish en route to the World Championship semifinals but ended up losing.
- Antim Panghal Shocks Reigning World Champion Olivia Parrish, Reaches Semifinal
Antim Panghal slipped to a 0-2 deficit at the start of the bout against the American but edged her rival 3-2 in the women's 53kg opening round.
- Asian Games: More Than Its Share Of Controversies Even Before Team Leaves Indian Shores
Even as the Indian contingent prepares to fly out to China with the target of achieving the 100-medal mark for the first time in the history of the Games, the country's grapplers, especially Olympic bronze medallist Bajrang Punia will be in the spotlight.
- World Wrestling: Neha Sharma Goes Down Fighting In Bronze-medal Round; Divya, Sarita Make Early Exit
Indian woman wrestler Neha Sharma went down fighting to Anastasia Blayvas of Germany in the bronze-medal contest at the UWW World Championships
- India's Men's Freestyle Wrestlers To Return Empty Handed From World Championship
India's men's freestyle wrestlers cut a sorry figure at the World Championships as none of them could earn quota for next year's Paris Olympics or win a medal.
- World Wrestling Championships: Pruthviraj Loses In Quarter-finals, Abhimanyu In Bronze Play-off
Abhimanyu entered the bronze-medal playoff but other Indian free-style wrestlers had a disappointing day at the World Championships in Belgrade on Sunday.
- World Wrestling Championships: Abhimanyu Loses In Quarter-finals
All four Indian free-style grapplers competing on the opening day of the UWW World Championships lost their respective bouts on Saturday, in a disappointing start to the country's campaign at the global event, which is also a 2024 Paris Olympic qualification tournament.