- Wrestling Controversy: Babita Phogat Joins Sports Ministry-Appointed Oversight Committee
Formed by the Sports Ministry, the oversight committee is carrying out an enquiry into the allegations of sexual misconduct, harassment, intimidation, financial irregularities and administrative lapses of the WFI and its chief.
- Top Indian Wrestlers Pull Out Of Zagreb Open Saying They Are Not Ready
Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia both pulled out of Zagreb Open saying that they were not ready for the competition.
- Government Of India Approves Participation Of Wrestlers For Zagreb Open
The announcement also stated that the government will bear the entire expense of the wrestlers travelling to Croatia for the tournament
- Government Unhappy With Wrestlers' Behaviour, Unlikely To Reconstitute Oversight Committee: Report
Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat, Sarita Mor and Sakshi Malik, who staged a sit-in protest at Jantar Mantar for three days demanding the sacking of the WFI president, expressed disappointment that they were not consulted before the formation of the committee.
- In Wrestling Controversy, New Trouble Over Committee Headed By Mary Kom
Top wrestlers including Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia tweeted that they were not consulted by the Sports Ministry before forming the oversight committee
- "Truth Can Be Troubled But Not Defeated": Vinesh Phogat Amid Wrestlers' #MeToo Battle With Federation
Multiple wrestlers, including Vinesh Phogat, have demanded that the WFI be disbanded immediately and a new panel is formed, with grapplers also being included.
- Mary Kom To Head Panel To Probe #MeToo Charge Against Wrestling Body Chief
The sports ministry on Saturday had directed the Wrestling Federation of India to suspend "all ongoing activities with immediate effect"
- WFI President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh Asks People Not To Put Objectionable Slogans On Social Media
Hours after the emergency general council meeting of the Wrestling Federation of India was called off, Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, in a tweet, requested people not to put objectionable slogans or hashtags on social media that harm the dignity of political parties or communities, among others.
- Wrestling Mess - Sports Ministry To Announce Names Of Oversight Committee Members On Sunday: Report
The Sports Ministry will announce the names of its oversight committee members, who will probe the allegations of sexual harassment and corruption against Wrestling Federation of India president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, on Sunday, ministry sources said.
- Sports Ministry Asks Wrestling Federation To Stop All Ongoing Activities, Suspends Assistant Secretary
Sports Ministry on Saturday suspended Wrestling Federation of India's (WFI) assistant secretary Vinod Tomar, a fallout of the grapplers' allegations of sexual harassment and corruption against the sports body's chief, Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh
- Wrestlers Acted In Personal Interest To Malign Current Management: Federation
The Federation's reply comes after the wrestlers' protest was called off early on Saturday after assurance by union sports minister Anurag Thakur than an oversight committee would look into their allegations
- WFI Protest: Sexual Harassment 'Gravest' Charge, Says IOA Panel Member Yogeshwar Dutt
Yogeshwar Dutt has said that the seven-member panel appointed by the Indian Olympic Association will look into the controversy surrounding the Wrestling Federation of India.
- Wrestlers Call Off Protest; Federation Chief To Step Aside Till Probe Is Completed, Says Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
Top Indian wrestlers called off their protest following second round of meeting with union sports minister Anurag Thakur that ended after midnight on Saturday
- Mary Kom To Lead Indian Olympic Association's 7-Member Panel For Probing Wrestlers' Sexual Harassment Allegations
Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has formed a seven-member committee to probe wrestlers' allegations of sexual harassment against Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh
- WFI Chief Will Answer Allegations Of Sexual Harassment After Federation AGM On January 22: Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh's Son
Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh will issue a statement on allegations of sexual harassment against him after the sports body's Annual General Meeting on January 22, his son Prateek said on Friday.
- "If We Disclose Names Of Victims...": Vinesh Phogat On #MeToo Allegations Against Wrestling Body Chief
Talking about the aftermath of her Tokyo Olympics performance, Phogat said that she had requested the WFI President Brij Bhushan Saran Singh to meet her after returning from the Olympics but he did not entertain her request.
- Vijender Singh Asked By Wrestlers To Leave Stage During Protest Against WFI Chairman: Report
Olympian boxer and Congress politician Vijender Singh on Friday joined the wrestlers protesting at Delhi's Jantar Mantar against Wrestling Federation India (WFI) and its chairman Brij Bhushan Saran Singh.
- Protesting Wrestlers Write To IOA Chief PT Usha On Alleged Sexual Harassment Complaints Against WFI President
On Thursday several ace wrestlers of the country including Phogat, Malikand Bajrang Punia participated in the sit-in protest at Jantar Mantar in the national capital, that began on Wednesday.