Pakistan vs England Highlights, T20 World Cup Final 2022: Ben Stokes, Sam Curran Guide England To 5-Wicket Win Over Pakistan
PAK vs ENG Highlights, T20 World Cup Final: Ben Stokes scored an unbeaten 52 off 49 balls to help England chase down a 138-run target vs Pakistan in the final match of T20 World Cup 2022 on Sunday.
T20 World Cup Final, Pakistan vs England, Highlights: Ben Stokes scored an unbeaten 52 off 49 balls to guide England to a 5-wicket win over Pakistan in the final match of T20 World Cup 2022 on Sunday. Haris Rauf's 2 for 23 went in vain as England beat Pakistan in the 138-run chase at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Earlier, Sam Curran returned with a spell of 3 for 12 and Adil Rashid picked 2 for 22 as England restricted Pakistan to 137 for 8. England skipper Jos Buttler had won the toss and opted to bowl first in the game. (SCORECARD)
England (Playing XI): Jos Buttler(w/c), Alex Hales, Philip Salt, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid
Pakistan (Playing XI): Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(w), Mohammad Haris, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Afridi
Here are the Highlights of the T20 World Cup Final Match between Pakistan and England -
- 17:51 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Sam Curran named Player of the TournamentSam Curran has also bagged the Player of the Tournament award. He picked a total of 13 wickets across 6 games at an impressive economy of 6.52. His bowling strike rate was 10.4 in the tournament while his best figures were 5/10 that had come against Afghanistan in England's T20 World Cup opener.
- 17:46 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Sam Curran named Player of the MatchSam Curran, who returned figures of 3 for 12 in his four overs, has been named the Player of the Match. He dismissed Mohammad Rizwan, Shan Masood and Mohammad Nawaz in the game. His bowling helped England restrict Pakistan to a below-par total of 137 for 8 in 20 overs.
- 17:06 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Fifty for Ben Stokes!A four and Ben Stokes has raced to his fifty. What a knock this has been from the England southpaw! He has played a crucial knock once again at the biggest stage. He did it in the 2019 ODI World Cup final for England, and now does it for the Three Lions in the T20 World Cup final.ENG 137/5 (18.4)
- 16:40 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Run-out missed!Ben Stokes is lucky to survive a run-out scare! Moeen Ali almost sold him down the river but the mid-on fielder failed to hit the bull's eye at the non-striker end. Moeen nudged the ball to front of mid-on before taking steps ahead and then backing off. Even a dive could not have saved Stokes had the throw hit the stumps.ENG 87/4 (13.1)
- 16:32 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Pakistan lose review!A deperate review from Pakistan sees them losing one. Naseem Shah's pacy delivery outside off stump missed the outside edge of Ben Stokes' bat. Pakistan players appealed for a caught behind dismissal but umpire was unconvinced. Babar Azam decided to go upstairs but UltraEdge revealed that there was no bat involved.ENG 82/3 (12)
- 16:22 (IST)
- 16:11 (IST)
- 15:59 (IST)PAK vs ENG: WICKET! Jos Buttler departs!This is a big-big wicket for Pakistan. Jos Buttler is gone! Haris Rauf bowled a peach of a delivery to get better of Buttler. It was a good length delivery outside off stump bowled at 143 kmph and all Buttler could do is to edge the ball to wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan. The game is on!ENG 45/3 (5.3)
- 15:46 (IST)PAK vs ENG: WICKET!Phil Salt is gone and England are two down! This is smart bowling from Haris Rauf. He saw Salt creating room for himself, so followed the batter and got his reward. A short ball on the body cramped Salt for room and the batter hit the ball into the hands of short mid-wicket. The extra pace was the reason for the wicket. Pakistan are back in the game!ENG 32/2 (3.3)
- 15:33 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Back-to-back FOURS from Jos Buttler!Jos Buttler has hit Naseem Shah for two consecutive fours. Both the boundaries came on the off side via drive. Buttler is looking really confident at the crease and that is a good sign for England. Pakistan need at least one more wicket here to come back in the game.ENG 15/1 (1.3)
- 15:16 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Pakistan post 137/8 in 20 oversA single comes off the last ball of the innings and Pakistan have set a target of 138 runs for England in the summit clash. The Jos Buttler-led side must be happy with such a superb bowling performance. It is now time for the England batters to put on a final show!PAK 137/8 (20)
- 15:05 (IST)PAK vs ENG: Good over from Chris Jordan!Chris Jordan conceded only 5 runs in the 18th over of the innings and dismissed Shadab Khan in it. England have done really well with the ball so far, and they would wish to end this innings on the same note. More 12 balls remaining in the Pakistan innings.PAK 127/6 (18)
- 15:02 (IST)PAK vs ENG: WICKET! Shadab Khan departs!Chris Jordan has got the wicket of Shadab Khan. The Pakistan batter wanted to hit the ball over mid-off but failed to clear the fielder. Jordan's short ball got good bounce off the surface and all Shadab could do was it to hit the ball into the hands of Chris Woakes at mid-off. Shadab walks back for a 20 off 14 balls.PAK 123/5 (17.1)
- 14:56 (IST)PAK vs ENG: WICKET!Sam Curran strikes again! This is brilliant bowling from the southpaw. He had a deep mid-wicket stationed and Shan Masood hit the ball exactly there. Liam Livingstone, who was standing well ahead of the boundary ropes, did not have to move much to take the catch. Masood departs after scoring 38 off 28 balls.PAK 121/5 (16.3)
- 14:51 (IST)PAK vs ENG: FOUR!A poor fielding effort from Philip Salt at deep sees Pakistan get a four instead of a couple of runs. Shadab Khan hit the Ben Stokes' delivery in front of square. Salt covered good ground before putting in a slide to stop the ball, but his lack of concentration saw the ball slip from his hands and run to the boundary rope.PAK 113/4 (15.2)