New Zealand vs India 2nd Test Day 2 Highlights: Trent Boult Stars As India Struggle Against New Zealand
NZ vs IND 2nd Test Day 2 Highlights: Trent Boult picked 3/12 in the final session as India finished Day 2 at 90/6, with a lead of 97 runs.
New Zealand fast bowlers, spearheaded by Trent Boult, ripped through India's batting line-up, reducing the visitors to 90/6 at stumps on Day 2 of the second Test on Sunday. After taking a seven-run lead, India lost three quick wickets with Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal and skipper Virat Kohli all departing cheaply. Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane held crease for a while but New Zealand bowlers tested both of them with a barrage of short-pitch deliveries. While Pujara was happy shouldering arms, Rahane tried to take them on, without much success. In the end, he dragged a slower short ball onto his stumps and fell on nine runs. Pujara got out to a Trent Boult's peach of a delivery bowled wide off the crease. After coming in with the angle, the ball nipped back in late to rattle his off stump. Nightwatchman Umesh Yadav also got out to a similar delivery. At stumps Hanuma Vihari was batting on five with Rishabh Pant unbeaten on one. Earlier, a solid 51-run stand between Kyle Jamieson and Neil Wagner helped New Zealand close down on India's first innings total. New Zealand were bowled out for 235 runs, giving India a lead of seven runs at tea. (SCORECARD)
Highlights Between New Zealand vs India 2nd Test Day 2, straight from Hagley Oval, Christchurch.
2nd Test, India in New Zealand, 2 Test Series, 2020, Feb 29, 2020
New Zealand beat India by 7 wickets
- 11:34 (IST)Stump @ Day 2... India 90/6, lead by 97 runs!Trent Boult shatters Indian innings in the final session as India finish day's play at 90/6. India lead by 97 runs. 16 wickets fell on the day which is the most in a day's play at this venue.
Sunday stumps at Hagley Oval. What a final session. Trent Boult on fire late in the day. Tim Southee, Neil Wagner and Colin de Grandhomme also with wickets as India end the day 90/6 and 97 runs ahead. Scorecard | https://t.co/z3Er2dXVK3 #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/8xAzPMXU5n— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) March 1, 2020
- 10:08 (IST)Kohli fails again!Colin de Grandhomme wraps Virat Kohli right in front to give India a huge blow. The Indian skipper departs for 14.
The man with the freshly cut mullet strikes! Colin de Grandhomme gets Virat Kohli LBW for 14. India 51/3 and 58 ahead later on day 2 at Hagley Oval. LIVE scoring | https://t.co/z3Er2dXVK3 #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/o42YXb47TB— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) March 1, 2020
- 09:00 (IST)Boult removes Agarwal!WICKET! Trent Boult traps Mayank Agarwal dead in front with a in-swinging delivery and unlike last innings he doesn't review it.
- 08:33 (IST)New Zealand all out for 235... India lead by 7 runs!Mohammed Shami bowls short, Kyle Jamieson gets a top edge and Rishabh Pant pulls off a blinder to end New Zealand's innings at 235 runs to take seven-run lead.
Shami picks up the final wicket of Kyle Jamieson and with that he picks up a 4-wkt haul.— BCCI (@BCCI) March 1, 2020
That will be Tea on Day 2 and New Zealand are all out for 235, short by 7 runs.
Scorecard - https://t.co/VTLQt4iEFz #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/BTBijfijup
- 08:23 (IST)Jadeja pulls off a screamer!Mohammed Shami bowls short and wide and Neil Wagner cuts it wide of point, bringing up 50-run stand for the 9th wicket.
Ravindra Jadeja! That is a special catch to dismiss Neil Wagner deep at square leg. Wagner hooks and Jadeja gets it one handed leaping back. The crowd on the bank can't believe it! Vital 50 run stand from Wagner and Jamieson. LIVE scoring | https://t.co/z3Er2dXVK3 #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/DmWYiVtbfE— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) March 1, 2020