IPL 2021 Highlights, MI vs PBKS: Hardik Pandya Cameo Helps Mumbai Indians Beat Punjab Kings By 6 Wickets
IPL 2021, Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings Highlights: Mumbai Indians jumped to fifth spot in points table as they beat Punjab Kings by 6 wickets.
Power batting from Hardik Pandya (40*), and Saurabh Tiwary (45) guided Mumbai Indians (MI) to chase down the target of 136 runs vs Punjab Kings (PBKS) in Match 42 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday. Quinton de Kock also contributed with his 27 runs and in the end, Kieron Pollard (15) played a brilliant cameo with Hardik in a 45-run stand. For Punjab Kings, leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi was the most successful bowler with his two wickets. He gave his team two breakthroughs in an over as he removed Rohit Sharma (8) and Suryakumar Yadav (0) on consecutive deliveries. Earlier, while batting first, Punjab Kings have posted 135 runs on the board. Aiden Markram (42) was the top-scorer for the PBKS and he added 61 runs with Deepak Hooda (28) after the side was reduced to 48/4 in the eighth over of the match. Kieron Pollard, who bowled just one over, got two big wickets of KL Rahul and Chris Gayle and in the process, he also completed his 300 wickets in T20s. With this win, Mumbai have jumped to the fifth spot in the points table with 10 points while Punjab Kings are the sixth position. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2021 Highlights Between Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings, straight from Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 23:36 (IST)Hardik Pandya Proved Himself Yet Again!What a match it was, Hardik Pandya has proved once again that why he is the best when it comes to finishing. Mumbai Indians needed such kind of victory to get a boost in their campaign this year. This was the first win for the defending champions since the tournament was resumed in the UAE and they are now at the fifth position in the points table with 10 points and are very much in the race to playoffs. Punjab Kings have lost yet another close game and they went down to the sixth spot in the points tally with still 8 points in their hand.That's all from MI vs PBKS blog. Do join us tomorrow, where Virat Kohli-led Royal Challengers Bangalore will spearhead against Sanju Samson-led Rajasthan Royals to make their chances better for playoff qualifications.
- 23:16 (IST)MI Win By 6 Wickets!Shami to Hardik, SIX and over!! Mumbai Indians have won the match in style. They now have 10 points in their hand and moved up to fifth spot in the points table. Hardik Pandya has proved why is the best in the buisness when it comes to finishing.
- 22:51 (IST)Tiwary OUT!Nathan Ellis to Saurabh Tiwary, OUT, caught behind. Ellis has broken the partnership. Difficult but a good catch by KL Rahul.Saurabh Tiwary has to depart after playing a good knock of 45 runs.Saurabh Tiwary c Rahul b Nathan Ellis 45(37) (4s-3 6s-2)MI 92/4, need 44 runs from 29 balls to win
- 22:38 (IST)Eyes On Hardik Pandya!Hardik Pandya has been promoted up the order today at Number 5 ahead of Kieron Pollard and Krunal Pandya. Mumbai Indians need him to score runs to get their further campaign strong. Hardik has been a prominent part of the Mumbai set up over the years and his form is not only important for Mumbai Indians but also for the Indian team for next month's T20 World Cup. The all-rounder is not bowling already so, MI would want him to fire with the bat and get back in form.MI 78/3, need 58 run off 42 balls to win.
- 22:29 (IST)How India's T20 World Cup Picks Have Fared In The IPL 2021 So FarIshan Kishan was dropped from the Mumbai Indians lineup for their match against Punjab Kings after failing with the bat. Suryakumar Yadav too was short of runs and he got a golden duck against PBKS after failing to read a googly from Ravi Bishnoi. Rahul Chahar got just two wickets in the last four games at an economy rate of more than eight runs per over. Hardik Pandya is not bowling and all these players are also in India's squad for the next month's T20 World Cup that will be played in the UAE. On the other hand, Shreyas Iyer, who has been kept as a reserve in the team is in terrific form since IPL 2021 was resumed. Yuzvendra Chahal, who is India's leading wicket-taker in T20I, was also dropped from the T20 World Cup squad. The leg spinner has been in terrific form with the ball in the UAE. According to rules, all the teams can make changes in their final 15 for next month's marquee tournament till October 10. Virat Kohli and team management would be tempting to tweak their provisional 15-man squad for the T20 World Cup.
- 21:16 (IST)MI Need 136 Runs To Win!Just 8 runs from the final over and Punjab Kings have posted 135 runs for the loss of six wickets in 20 overs. Aiden Markram was the top scorer from PBKS with his 42 runs. Mumbai Indians need 136 runs to win their fifth match of the season.PBKS 135/6 in 20 overs
- 20:10 (IST)300th T20 Wicket For Pollard As PBKS Lose KL Rahul!Another WICKET! PBKS skipper KL Rahul has to depart this time. Two big wicket for Pollard in one over. This was also his 300th wicket in T20s.Rahul c Bumrah b Pollard 21(22) (4s-2)PBKS 41/3