IPL 2020 Highlights, RCB vs KKR Today's Match Live Updates: AB de Villiers Fireworks See RCB Thrash KKR By 82 Runs
RCB vs KKR IPL Highlights, Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders: Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Kolkata Knight Rider by 82 runs to climb to third spot on the points table.
Riding on AB de Villiers' (73 not out off 33 balls) explosive half-century, Royal Challengers Bangalore thrashed Kolkata Knight Riders by 82 runs at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Monday climb to third spot on the points table. After posting a huge total on the board, RCB spin duo of Washington Sundar and Yuzvendra Chahal worked their magic in the middle overs to put RCB in the commanding position. Chasing a massive target of 195 runs on a slow Sharjah pitch, KKR batsmen lacked the intent and never looked comfortable against quality RCB bowlers. Navdeep Saini dismissed debutant Tom Banton to give RCB an early breakthrough. Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana scored some glorious boundaries in the 5th over bowled by Mohammed Siraj, as KKR finished Powerplay at 43/1. Sundar and Chahal bowled brilliantly and picked wickets at regular intervals as RCB tightened their grip on the match. With required run-rate nearing 18-an-over, Andre Russell smashed three consecutive boundaries off Isuru Udana but the Sri Lankan kept calm and got rid of him in the same over, quashing any hopes of KKR's miraculous comeback. Earlier, AB de Villiers had fired Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to 194/2 on a slow Sharjah track. Batting with skipper Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers changed the momentum towards the end. The KKR bowlers, who were impressive for the majority of the innings, leaked 83 runs in the last five overs. RCB openers Devdutt Padikkal and Aaron Finch gave their side a flying start, adding 47 runs inside the Powerplay without losing any wicket. Andre Russell struck in the eighth over cleaning up Padikkal to give KKR the first breakthrough. Prasidh Krishna cleaned up Finch who was three short of his fifty. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 28 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders At Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- 23:33 (IST)Thank you for tuning in! Goodbye!That brings to an end our coverage of this match. We will be back tomorrow when CSK take on SRH in a crucial game. Don't forget to join us then. Till then take care!
- 23:18 (IST)RCB beat KKR by 82 runs!Just a single on the final ball and RCB register a massive 82-run win over KKR. This win will improve their net run-rate to a great effect. An almost perfect game for the Virat Kohli and his team. AB de Villiers was at his fiery best and their bowlers did their job to perfection.
That's that from Sharjah. #RCB win by 82 runs.#Dream11IPL #RCBvKKR pic.twitter.com/wQV7xlQ9Yi— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
- 23:08 (IST)WICKET! Nagarkoti b Morris!After a couple of slower deliveries, Chris Morris fires in a fast overpitch delivery and the ball takes a thick inside edge off Kamlesh Nagarkoti's bat and crashes onto the stumps.
- 23:07 (IST)RCB looking to improve net run-rate!RCB have a great chance to improve their net run-rate, which took a beating after a huge 97-run loss against Kings XI Punjab.
- 22:58 (IST)WICKET! Rahul Tripathi c Morris b Siraj!What a catch! Chris Morrsi you beauty! A mistimed short from Rahul Tripathi and Chris Morris charged in quickly, covered a lot of ground and grabbed a sensational catch to send him packing.
- 22:55 (IST)FOUR!A wide delivery from Mohammed Siraj and Rahul Tripathi lofts it over extra cover for a welcome boundary but KKR need plenty of those.
- 22:48 (IST)WICKET! Cummins c Padikkal b Chris Morris 1 (3)!Another wicket and RCB are closing in on the victory. Chris Morris bowled a wide delivery and it came off the toe end of Pat Cummins' bat and went straight to Padikkal who grabbed it with both hands.
- 22:43 (IST)WICKET! Russell c Siraj b Udana 16(10)Isuru Udana bowled a wide low full toss and Andre Russell has to reach out for that. He fails to get the proper connection and it goes straight to Siraj at extracover and he makes no mistake.
The emotions and celebrations say it all!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
Isuru Udana strikes. Dre Russ departs.#Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/wC9hkL1GBs
- 22:42 (IST)FOUR!Third consecutive boundary for Russell. Can this over be the turning point in this game?
- 22:41 (IST)SIX!Andre Russell knows what is required of him and he is doing exactly that. A stunning effort by Padikkal in the deep almost denied Russell but he stepped onto the rope with the ball in his hand. It's a six!
- 22:39 (IST)FOUR!Isuru Udana bowls a slower delivery wide of off stump and Andre Russell clobbers it towards long-on to start the over with a boundary.
- 22:35 (IST)Dropped! Russell gets life!A slower ball from Chris Morris and Andre Russell goes for a biggie. There was no real contact in that shot and it went to long-off fielder where Devdutt Padikkal couldn't get hold of it despite getting his both hands. Not the catch you would want to drop.
- 22:26 (IST)WICKET! Morgan c Udana b Washington Sundar 8 (12)!Eoin Morgan tries to go inside out against Washington Sundar, mistimes his shot and a top edge goes straight into the hands of short third-man. KKR are in deep deep trouble here.
Back to back wickets in the bag for @RCBTweets.— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
Dinesh Karthik and Eoin Morgan are back in the hut.#KKR 64/5 https://t.co/rfjd3LvjW6 #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/2eNzI5Ttv3
- 22:25 (IST)WICKET! Karthik b Chahal 1(2)Yuzvendra Chahal bowls a slow leg-break wide of off stump, forcing Dinesh Karthik to reach out for it. Karthik was nowhere near the ball and only managed a thick inside edge, dragging the ball on to his own stumps.
- 22:20 (IST)FOUR!A welcome boundary for KKR comes off the bat of Eoin Morgan. He went inside out and hits it over extra-cover fielder.
- 22:20 (IST)WCIKET! Shubman Gill runout Udana/de Villiers!An error in judgement has cost KKR another big wicket as Shubman Gill departs for 34 off 25 balls.
- 22:16 (IST)RCB lose their review!A huge caught behind appeal but the umpire has turned it down. AB de Villiers and Chahal were enthusiastic about and convinced Kohli to go for a review. The replay shows there was no bat or gloves involved and the ball would have missed the stumps. RCB have lost their only review.
- 22:11 (IST)Dropped! Finch drops a sitter to give Gill a life!A miscued shot from Shubman Gill went straight to Aaron Finch at long-on but he failed to grab it despite getting both the hands.
- 22:09 (IST)WCIKET! Nitish Rana b Sundar!With require rate nearing 12, the pressure was building and it has resulted in a wicket. Nitish Rana tried to go against the spin but missed the ball completely and it clatters on to his stumps.
- 22:05 (IST)Brilliant fielding!A diving effort at point by Mohammed Siraj has stopped a few runs for his side as the ball was travelling very fast. Brilliant start from Chahal as he gave away just three runs in his first over.
- 22:03 (IST)Chahal comes in to bowl!Soon after field restrictions are over, Virat Kohli has given the ball to his strike bowler Yuzvendra Chahal.
- 21:59 (IST)KKR 43/1 after six overs!KKR got off to slow start but a few boundaries towards the end of the Powerplay has got them in a decent position. RCB were 47/0 at this stage.
- 21:56 (IST)SIX!Mohammed Siraj didn't learn from his mistake and bowled another short delivery. Shubman Gill backed away and played a ramp shot to clear the third-man fence with ease.
- 21:54 (IST)FOUR!A short of a length delivery from Mohammed Siraj and Shubman Gill smashes it towards wide long-o region for a boundary.
- 21:51 (IST)FOUR!Mohammed Siraj erred in his line and Nitish Rana uses his wrists too time it away towards the backward square leg fence.
- 21:49 (IST)WICKET! Tom Banton b Saini 8 (12)!Navdeep Saini bowls a fast in-swinger and cleans up Tom Banton to give RCB an early breakthrough.
Bowled him!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
Saini gets the wicket of #KKR debutant, Tom Banton.
Live - https://t.co/rfjd3LvjW6 #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/MiuoHAj2bg
- 21:45 (IST)FOUR!Shubman Gill backs away, opens the off side field and smashes it through covers for a cracking boundary. First sign of intent from Gill.
- 21:43 (IST)Tidy bowling from Siraj!Mohammed Siraj also bowls a tidy over, conceding just four runs.
- 21:43 (IST)Another bowling change!Virat Kohli has taken off Chris Morris after just one over, bringing in Mohammed Siraj from his end.
- 21:41 (IST)RCB vs KKR IPL Live score 2020: Five runs from 2nd over!Navdeep Saini bowled two wides and still managed to limit the two KKR players to just five runs in his first over. Not the start KKR would have hoped, especially chasing a big total of 195
- 21:38 (IST)A difficult chance!A full delivery is driven straight by Shubmann Gill and Navdeep Saini manages to get his finger tips on it but it was struck with so much power that he had no chance.
- 21:35 (IST)Navdeep Saini to bowl from other end!Navdeep Saini will share the new ball duties for RCB. He starts off with a wide.
- 21:33 (IST)Good start from KKR!Seven runs from the first over and Kolkata Knight Riders would be hooping their openers to build on this and make most of the field restrictions.
- 21:32 (IST)FOUR!A poor delivery from Chris Morris on Shubman Gill's pads and he flicks it away nicely on the rise to get off the mark with a boundary.
- 21:31 (IST)Tom Banton gets off the mark!A nervy start from Tom Banton as he gets his first IPL run on the board.
- 21:29 (IST)The chase begins!Tom Banton and Shubman Gill are out in the middle and Chris Morris will start the attack for RCB
- 21:15 (IST)RCB finish with 194/2!Just a single off the final delivery and RCB finish with 194/2 in their 20 overs, after scoring 83 runs in last five overs thanks to an explosive innings from AB de Villiers.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
AB de Villiers puts up a show here in Sharjah with a knock of 73* off 33.#RCB post a formidable total of 194/2 on the board. Will #KKR chase this down?#Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/v5b3ZDizrM
- 21:13 (IST)FOUR!Who says you can't hit a perfect yorker. Andre Russell bowled a perfect delivery but AB de Villiers still managed to hit it over point for a boundary. What a shot! It's also a no ball KKR are in deep trouble.
- 21:10 (IST)SIX!There is no stopping AB de Villiers here. He starts the final over with a six over wide long-off.
- 21:09 (IST)12 runs from 19th over!Prasidh Krishna came back strongly after getting hit for a boundary on the very first ball of the over to concede just 12 runs