IPL 2020 Highlights, RCB vs KKR Today's Match Live Updates: AB de Villiers Fireworks See RCB Thrash KKR By 82 Runs
RCB vs KKR IPL Highlights, Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders: Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Kolkata Knight Rider by 82 runs to climb to third spot on the points table.
Riding on AB de Villiers' (73 not out off 33 balls) explosive half-century, Royal Challengers Bangalore thrashed Kolkata Knight Riders by 82 runs at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Monday climb to third spot on the points table. After posting a huge total on the board, RCB spin duo of Washington Sundar and Yuzvendra Chahal worked their magic in the middle overs to put RCB in the commanding position. Chasing a massive target of 195 runs on a slow Sharjah pitch, KKR batsmen lacked the intent and never looked comfortable against quality RCB bowlers. Navdeep Saini dismissed debutant Tom Banton to give RCB an early breakthrough. Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana scored some glorious boundaries in the 5th over bowled by Mohammed Siraj, as KKR finished Powerplay at 43/1. Sundar and Chahal bowled brilliantly and picked wickets at regular intervals as RCB tightened their grip on the match. With required run-rate nearing 18-an-over, Andre Russell smashed three consecutive boundaries off Isuru Udana but the Sri Lankan kept calm and got rid of him in the same over, quashing any hopes of KKR's miraculous comeback. Earlier, AB de Villiers had fired Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) to 194/2 on a slow Sharjah track. Batting with skipper Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers changed the momentum towards the end. The KKR bowlers, who were impressive for the majority of the innings, leaked 83 runs in the last five overs. RCB openers Devdutt Padikkal and Aaron Finch gave their side a flying start, adding 47 runs inside the Powerplay without losing any wicket. Andre Russell struck in the eighth over cleaning up Padikkal to give KKR the first breakthrough. Prasidh Krishna cleaned up Finch who was three short of his fifty. (SCORECARD)
Match 28, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 12, 2020
IPL 2020 Match 28 Highlights Between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders At Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
- 23:18 (IST)RCB beat KKR by 82 runs!Just a single on the final ball and RCB register a massive 82-run win over KKR. This win will improve their net run-rate to a great effect. An almost perfect game for the Virat Kohli and his team. AB de Villiers was at his fiery best and their bowlers did their job to perfection.
- 22:43 (IST)WICKET! Russell c Siraj b Udana 16(10)Isuru Udana bowled a wide low full toss and Andre Russell has to reach out for that. He fails to get the proper connection and it goes straight to Siraj at extracover and he makes no mistake.
- 22:26 (IST)WICKET! Morgan c Udana b Washington Sundar 8 (12)!Eoin Morgan tries to go inside out against Washington Sundar, mistimes his shot and a top edge goes straight into the hands of short third-man. KKR are in deep deep trouble here.
- 22:16 (IST)RCB lose their review!A huge caught behind appeal but the umpire has turned it down. AB de Villiers and Chahal were enthusiastic about and convinced Kohli to go for a review. The replay shows there was no bat or gloves involved and the ball would have missed the stumps. RCB have lost their only review.
- 21:49 (IST)WICKET! Tom Banton b Saini 8 (12)!Navdeep Saini bowls a fast in-swinger and cleans up Tom Banton to give RCB an early breakthrough.
- 21:15 (IST)RCB finish with 194/2!Just a single off the final delivery and RCB finish with 194/2 in their 20 overs, after scoring 83 runs in last five overs thanks to an explosive innings from AB de Villiers.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 12, 2020
AB de Villiers puts up a show here in Sharjah with a knock of 73* off 33.#RCB post a formidable total of 194/2 on the board. Will #KKR chase this down?#Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/v5b3ZDizrM