KKR vs RR, IPL 2020 Highlights: Pat Cummins Stars As Kolkata Knight Riders Thrash Rajasthan Royals By 60 Runs
IPL 2020 KKR vs RR: Kolkata Knight Riders emerged victorious by a massive margin of 60 runs against Rajasthan Royals, boosting their net run rate significantly.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Rajasthan Royals (RR) by 60 runs in Match 54 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Sunday. KKR posted a total of 191 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs, after being sent in to bat. Skipper Eoin Morgan was the highest run-scorer, smashing 68 runs off 35 deliveries. Morgan's innings comprised of five boundaries and six sixes. Andre Russell further made his presence felt with a 11-ball 25 in an innings comprising of a boundary and three sixes. Rahul Tewatia was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for three wickets. Karthik Tyagi further chipped in with two wickets. The RR batsmen started the chase on a strong note, with openers Ben Stokes and Robin Uthappa scoring 19 runs off the opening over bowled by Pat Cummins. However, Cummins made a strong comeback accounting for the openers and skipper Steve Smith in quick succession. The Rajasthan batsmen failed to recover from this early jolt, eventually scoring just 131 runs for the loss of nine wickets. Cummins was the pick of the bowlers, accounting for four wickets. Shivam Mavi and Varun Chakravarthy further chipped in with two wickets apiece. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 54 Highlights Between Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals, From Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- 23:16 (IST)KKR record an extremely important winKKR defeat RR by 60 runs, recording a memorable win. Skipper Eoin Morgan smashed a quick-fire half-century, with support from Australian pacer Pat Cummins who accounted for four wickets.
- 23:07 (IST)WICKET! Jofra Archer c Shivam Mavi b Kamlesh Nagarkoti 6 (9)Jofra Archer departs for 6 after attempting a slog off a slower ball, without any proper connection. The shot was in the air for quite some time, before Shivam Mavi completed a catch running in from long-on. Karthik Tyagi is the new man in.
- 22:46 (IST)WICKET! Rahul Tewatia c Dinesh Karthik b Varun Chakravarthy 31 (27)Rahul Tewatia departs for 31 runs off 27 deliveries, as he attempts to get a boundary under his belt without proper control on the shot. Dinesh Karthik completed a catch off the top-edge, with Jofra Archer the new man in.
- 22:26 (IST)WICKET! Jos Buttler c Pat Cummins b Varun Chakravarthy 35 (22)Massive blow for Rajasthan Royals who lose Jos Buttler for 35 runs off 22 deliveries. Buttler attempted to pull the short ball from Varun Chakravarthy over deep mid-wicket, hitting the ball straight to Pat Cummins. Shreyas Gopal is the new man in.
- 22:05 (IST)KKR well on top at the end of powerplayKKR are on top following the end of the powerplay, having accounted for the dismissals of five RR batsman. Can they maintain the pressure and get a big win?
- 22:00 (IST)
- 21:49 (IST)WICKET! Steve Smith b Pat Cummins 4 (4)Steve Smith departs for 4 runs off 4 deliveries, following a short of length delivery bowled outside off stump. Smith attempted to punch the ball into the off-side off the back foot, with the ball going on to hit the stumps following an inside edge. Jos Buttler is the new man in.
- 21:45 (IST)WICKET! Ben Stokes c Dinesh Karthik b Pat Cummins 18 (11)Fantastic diving catch by Dinesh Karthik, who dives to his left, completing a fantastic catch off a thick edge, following a full delivery. Sanju Samson is the new man in.
- 21:13 (IST)RR need 192 runs to winRajasthan Royals need 192 runs to win, as Kolkata Knight Riders finish with a total of 191 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Skipper Eoin Morgan finishes unbeaten with a score of 68 off 35 deliveries, after smashing a straight six off the final delivery of the innings.
- 21:11 (IST)
- 20:54 (IST)WICKET! Andre Russell c David Miller b Karthik Tyagi 25 (11)Andre Russell departs for 25, having looked confident so far. The Windies cricketer sliced the full length ball straight to David Miller at deep point, who made no mistakes. Pat Cummins is the new man in.