DC vs SRH, IPL 2020 Highlights: Marcus Stoinis Stars vs SunRisers Hyderabad As Delhi Capitals Reach Maiden IPL Final
IPL 2020 DC vs SRH Highlights: Delhi Capitals have reached their maiden IPL final after defeating SunRisers Hyderabad by a margin of 17 runs in Qualifier 2.
Delhi Capitals (DC) defeated SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) by a margin of 17 runs in the Qualifier 2 of IPL 2020 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The Delhi-based franchise posted a total of 189 runs for the loss of three wickets, after skipper Shreyas Iyer won the toss and opted to bat. Shikhar Dhawan was the highest run-scorer, smashing 78 runs off 50 deliveries in an innings comprising of six boundaries and two sixes. Dhawan received support from all-rounder Marcus Stoinis who scored a 27-ball 38, at the top of the order to ensure a strong start. Shimron Hetmyer delivered a fine finish in the death overs, with a 22-ball 42. Sandeep Sharma, Jason Holder and Rashid Khan accounted for a dismissal apiece. The chase began on a strong note, with Priyam Garg smashing Ravichandran Ashwin for a six off the third delivery of the innings. However, cheap dismissals for David Warner, Manish Pandey followed by the departure of Garg himself threw the innings into a state of chaos. Kane Williamson stepped up at this stage, stitching partnerships alongside Jason Holder and Abdul Samad. However, Williamson's dismissal following a fine half-century helped DC make a comeback, which they took full advantage of in an admirable manner by picking regular wickets. (SCORECARD)
Qualifier 2, Indian Premier League, 2020, Nov 08, 2020
IPL 2020 Highlights Between DC vs SRH, straight from Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 23:19 (IST)DC have reached their maiden IPL finalDC defeat SRH by 17 runs, to qualify for their first-ever IPL final. While a fine partnership between Kane Williamson and Abdul Samad threatened to help SRH get across the line, the former's dismissal followed by a fine finish from Kagiso Rabada helped ensure an important win.
- 23:16 (IST)WICKET! Shreevats Goswami c Marcus Stoinis b Kagiso Rabada 0 (1)Fourth wicket of the innings for Kagiso Rabada who deceives Shreevats Goswami with a slower bouncer. Goswami tried to smash the ball without proper timing, with Marcus Stoinis completing a catch running in from the deep midwicket boundary. Sandeep Sharma is the new man in.
- 23:03 (IST)WICKET! Kane Williamson c Kagiso Rabada b Marcus Stoinis 67 (45)Marcus Stoinis has struck with the massive dismissal of Kane Williamson. Stoinis tempted the New Zealand batsman with a full and wide delivery, which Williamson hit straight to Kagiso Rabada at sweeper cover. Rashid Khan is the new man in.
- 22:44 (IST)15th half-century in the IPL for Kane WilliamsonBack to back half-centuries for Kane Williamson, who directs a flat delivery from Axar Patel through cover for a single, to complete his 50.
- 22:33 (IST)
- 22:05 (IST)WICKET! Manish Pandey c Anrich Nortje b Marcus Stoinis 21 (14)Marcus Stoinis gets his second wicket in the same over, after accounting for the key dismissal of Manish Pandey off a half volley. Manish attempted to hit the ball over the leg-side but failed to direct the ball effectively, hitting the ball straight to Anrich Norje at mid-on. Jason Holder is the new batsman in.
- 21:42 (IST)WICKET! David Warner b Kagiso Rabada 2 (3)Kagiso Rabada starts his spell off with the massive dismissal of David Warner. Rabada bowled a full inswinger, which David Warner attempted to direct towards the leg side. However, he failed to connect properly, with the ball deflecting on to the stumps after hitting the pads. Manish Pandey is the new man in.
Did You Watch - Warner b Rabada— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) November 8, 2020
Full length delivery, but the ball swings just a wee bit to brush Warner's pads and hit the stumps. Superb breakthrough for #DelhiCapitals courtesy @KagisoRabada25 .
https://t.co/8garNrSTWn #Dream11IPL #Qualifier2
- 21:14 (IST)WICKET! Shikhar Dhawan lbw Sandeep Sharma 78 (50)Sandeep Sharma gets the big wicket of Shikhar Dhawan following a high full toss, which the opener attempted a reverse paddle off to limited success. The ball seemed to have hit in line, urging the umpire to raise the finger. However, the replays showed the impact being way outside off-stump. Will Dhawan regret not going for a review? Rishabh Pant is the new man in.
- 21:11 (IST)Rashid Khan drops Shikhar DhawanRashid Khan is usually a top class fielder, but the same did not reflect after he failed to complete a simple catch off Shikhar Dhawan. Shikhar hit the full delivery straight to Rashid at deep mid-wicket, with the Afghanistan cricketer unable to get his hands around the ball properly.