CSK vs RR IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Jos Buttler, Steven Smith Guide Rajasthan Royals To Seven-Wicket Win Over Chennai Super Kings
CSK vs RR IPL highlights 2020: Rajasthan Royals beat Chennai Super Kings by seven wickets in MS Dhoni's 200th IPL match.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) have defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by seven wickets. Chasing 126, RR got 20 runs off the first two overs but CSK struck soon as Deepak Chahar bowled Ben Stokes and Josh Hazlweood got Robin Uthappa caught by MS Dhoni. Chahar came back to get Sanju Samson caught by Dhoni down the leg side. However, since that point Jos Buttler and Steve Smith carried out some repair work and then dominated CSK to help their team to an easy win. Buttler top scored with 70 not out while Smith was unbeaten on 26. Earlier, CSK won the toss and batted first. Jofra Archer maintained tight lines and got Faf du Plessis in the third over of the innings. Kartik Tyagi got Shane Watson caught to give CSK another blow inside the Powerplay. Sam Curran and Ambati Rayudu took CSK past 50 but Shreyas Gopal foxed Curran to get Rajasthan their third wicket. Rayudu fell to Rahul Tewatia to leave CSK in a pickle. Dhoni and Jadeja added 51 runs for the fifth wicket, but just when it seemed like they would tee off at the death, Dhoni got run out. Eventually, CSK finished with an under-par 125 for 5. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 37 Highlights Between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals, Straight From The Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Match 37, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 19, 2020
- 22:23 (IST)Excellent running between the wicketsThe boundaries haven't been coming on this surface. So Buttler and Smith have started finding the gaps and converting ones into twos.They are chasing a modest total here so there's no real need to go bang-bang in the middle overs. They can afford to save the hitting for the death.
- 21:59 (IST)
- 21:51 (IST)WICKET! Samson (c Dhoni b Chahar) 0 (3)CSK have stormed back into the contest.This ball was down the leg side and Samson did well to get some bat on it in an attempt to trickle it down the leg side.But that man Dhoni, playing his 200th IPL match, leapt to his left and took a one-handed blinder inches off the ground. The ball stuck between his thump and fore finger.
- 21:45 (IST)
- 21:13 (IST)CSK 125/5 in 20 oversOnly seven runs come in the final over bowled by Ben Stokes. CSK finish on 125/5 in their 20 overs and at first look they are at least 30 runs short of what is par for this wicket.CSK will have to bowl exceptionally well to defend this.Stay tuned to find out if they are successful.
- 21:02 (IST)WICKET! Dhoni (run out Archer/Samson) 28 (28)CSK's troubles don't seem to end.Dhoni had been saving himself for the final overs and he gets run out in the most unfortunate fashion.He ran the first one easy but another misfield by Archer at long-off prompted Dhoni to come back for the second.However, the throw came in right over the stumps and Dhoni lost out on the game of inches.He was one frame short of his ground, barely a few inches, and he needs to walk back.
- 20:30 (IST)MS Dhoni completes 4000 runs for CSKThe day of milestones gets even bigger for the legend.He has completed 4000 IPL runs for CSK, a team he has led in every season so far.
- 20:21 (IST)WICKET! Rayudu (c Samson b Tewatia) 13 (19)Tewatia strikes!This was not there to sweep but Rayudu went through with the shot anyway.The ball was just short of full length and bounced too much for Rayudu's liking as he looked to sweep this.A top edge takes the ball high in the air and the 'keeper Samson calls for it. He has the big gloves and takes the catch easily.