KXIP vs SRH, IPL 2020 Highlights: Kings XI Punjab Register Thrilling 12-Run Win Over SunRisers Hyderabad
KXIP vs SRH Highlights: Kings XI Punjab defeated SunRisers Hyderabad by 12 runs in a thrilling tie, to record a fourth successive win.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) defeated SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 12 runs in the 43rd match of IPL 2020 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. KXIP managed to defend a paltry total of 127, on the back of a brilliant performance from the bowling attack. Arshdeep Singh and Chris Jordan accounted for three wickets apiece, with some tight bowling from Ravi Bishnoi. SRH got off to a strong start with openers David Warner and Jonny Bairstow smashing 52 runs in the powerplay. However, the KXIP bowlers pulled things back in their favour with some quick wickets, eventually bowling out SRH for 114. Earlier, KXIP were restricted to a total of 126 runs for the loss of 7 wickets in 20 overs. The batsmen failed to make much of an impact against a disciplined SRH bowling attack. Even a big-hitter like Nicholas Pooran scored just 32 runs off 28 deliveries, finishing as the highest run-scorer. Sandeep Sharma, Rashid Khan and Jason Holder accounted for two wickets apiece. (SCORECARD)
Match 43, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 24, 2020
IPL 2020 Match 43 Highlights Between Kings XI Punjab vs SunRisers Hyderabad, Straight From Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
- 23:40 (IST)KXIP win a close game against SRHKXIP have defeated SRH by 12 runs, after Khaleel Ahmed is adjudged run-out following a direct hit from Ravi Bishnoi. 4 wins on the trot for Kings XI Punjab.
- 23:31 (IST)WICKET! Rashid Khan c Nicholas Pooran b Chris Jordan 0 (1)Chris Jordan is on a hat-trick after dismissing Rashid Khan for a duck. Rashid sliced the ball to Nicholas Pooran, who ran in to complete a fine catch. Sandeep Sharma is the new man in.
- 23:29 (IST)WICKET! Jason Holder c Mandeep Singh b Chris Jordan 5 (8)Jason Holder attempted a lofted cover drive off a fuller delivery, mistiming the ball to Mandeep Singh at cover. Rashid Khan is the new man in.
- 23:23 (IST)WICKET! Vijay Shankar c KL Rahul b Arshdeep Singh 26 (27)Vijay Shankar departs for 26 runs off 27 deliveries, after edging the ball to wicketkeeper KL Rahul. Shankar was struck on the helmet following a strong throw after attempting a quick single, from the previous ball leaving him in a state of discomfort. That might well have made an impact. Priyam Garg is the new man in.
- 22:43 (IST)KXIP steadily making their way back in the gameKXIP are steadily making their way back in the game following the three quick dismissals. SRH have been forced to slow down the rate of scoring, following a fine performance by the bowlers in the last few overs. SRH 77/3 after 12 overs, Need another 50 runs from 48 deliveries
- 22:30 (IST)WICKET! Abdul Samad c Chris Jordan b Mohammed Shami 7 (5)Abdul Samad departs for 7 runs off 5 deliveries after attempting to chip a full delivery, with Chris Jordan completing a fine catch following an excellent leap. Vijay Shankar is the new man in.
An outstanding timing of the jump by Jordan ends Samad's stay out there in the middle. Shami picks up his first wicket of the game.— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 24, 2020
Live - https://t.co/Tfcy5x6kie #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/lLD8WcustG
- 22:22 (IST)WICKET! Jonny Bairstow b Murugan Ashwin 19 (20)Jonny Bairstow has been dismissed for 19, after attemping to play a sweep shot behind square. Bairstow failed to negotiate a leg-break from Murugan Ashwin, which drifted across to hit the stumps. Abdul Samad is the new man in.
- 22:17 (IST)WICKET! David Warner c KL Rahul b Ravi Bishnoi 35 (20)David Warner has been dismissed for 35 runs off 20 deliveries, following a sharp catch by KL Rahul. Warner tried to play a reverse sweep down to third man, edging the ball. The appeal was initally turned down, before being given in favour of KXIP following a DRS review. Manish Pandey is the new man in.
- 22:08 (IST)SRH in driver's seat at the end of powerplaySRH are in command of the game at the end of the powerplay having smashed 52 runs. Just 75 runs needed off 84 deliveries.
- 21:23 (IST)SRH need 127 runs to winKXIP finish with a paltry total of 126 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs, after being sent in to bat. A superb performance by the SRH bowlers, who have been extremely disciplined.
Innings Break!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) October 24, 2020
Brilliant bowling and outstanding fielding by #SRH helps restrict #KXIP to a total of 126/7 on the board.
SRH need 127 runs to win the game.
Live - https://t.co/Tfcy5x6kie #Dream11IPL pic.twitter.com/cCoSxKn1fj
- 21:15 (IST)WICKET! Murugan Ashwin run out (Vijay Shankar) 4 (4)Murugan Ashwin departs for 4 runs off four balls as he attempts a miscalculated single, after directing the ball right of backward point. Shankar hit the stumps with great precision, with Murugan left struggling at the non-striker's end. Ravi Bishnoi is the next batsman.
- 20:49 (IST)WICKET! Deepak Hooda st Jonny Bairstow b Rashid Khan 0 (2)Deepak Hooda departs for a duck with KXIP in deep trouble. Hooda failed to get his leg behind the line on time, with Jonny Bairstow taking full advantage having observed the opportunity.
- 20:45 (IST)WICKET! Glenn Maxwell c David Warner b Sandeep Sharma 12 (13)Glenn Maxwell departs cheaply yet again, with the all-rounder yet to score his first six of the tournament. Maxwell cleared his front leg attempting to hit the ball over long-on, but failed to connect effectively. Deepak Hooda is the next batsman in.