IPL Retention Highlights: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma Among Star Players Retained By Teams
IPL 2022 Retention Highlights: Ravindra Jadeja (16 crore) was CSK' first pick then MS Dhoni (12 crore). MI retained Rohit Sharma (16 crore), Bumrah (12 crore), Suryakumar Yadav (8 crore), and Pollard (6 crore). RCB kept Virat Kohli (15 crore), Glenn Maxwell (11 crore) and Mohammed Siraj (7 crore).
IPL Retention Highlights: Kolkata Knight Riders held on Andre Russell, Varun Chakaravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer, and Sunil Narine. Delhi Capitals retained Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw, Anirch Nortje. Ravindra Jadeja was Chennai Super Kings first pick while MS Dhoni was second. Mayank Agarwal stayed at Punjab Kings while SunRisers Hyderabad held on to Kane Williamson. Mumbai Indians retained Rohit Sharma (16 Cr), Jasprit Bumrah (12 Cr), and Suryakumar Yadav (8 Cr), and Kieron Pollard (6 Cr). Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) retained Virat Kohli (15 Cr), Glenn Maxwell (11 Cr) and Mohammed Siraj (7 Cr) ahead of the mega auction for IPL 2022. Each franchise is allowed to retain a maximum of 4 cricketers - maximum of two overseas stars - from their original squad. The two new franchises - Lucknow and Ahmedabad - will then have a chance to pick three each while the rest of the cricketers will go into the draft for the mega auctions.
IPL 2022 Retention Highlights:
- 22:38 (IST)IPL Retention List is out with few surprises from each franchise picksThat's all from the Live Updates of the IPL RetentionIt turned out to be an exciting time for cricket fans as many of the star players were left out while some, surprisingly, were retained by their franchisesRavindra Jadeja (16 crore) was CSK' first pick then MS Dhoni (12 crore). MI retained Rohit Sharma (16 crore), Bumrah (12 crore), Suryakumar Yadav (8 crore), and Pollard (6 crore). RCB kept Virat Kohli (15 crore), Glenn Maxwell (11 crore) and Mohammed Siraj (7 crore)
- 22:22 (IST)RR have picked cleverly with an Indian youngster making their retention listRajasthan Royals have kept the likes of captain Samson and a youngsterSanju Samson - 14 crJos Buttler - 10 crYashasvi Jaiswal - 4 cr
- 22:20 (IST)KKR have gone in with all-rounders and that seems to be an intelligent decisionAndre Russell - 12 crVarun Chakaravarthy - 8 crVenkatesh Iyer - 8 crSunil Narine - 6 cr
- 22:10 (IST)DC have retained four of their most elegant players - Dhawan, Iyer miss outDelhi Capitals have left out Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer as they have surprisingly retained Shaw and NortjeRishabh Pant - 16 crAxar Patel - 9 crPrithvi Shaw - 7.50 crAnrich Nortje - 6.50 cr
DELHI CAPITALS' RETENTIONS— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) November 30, 2021
Pause what you're doing and have a look at the DC Tigers who aren't going anywhere
Read More https://t.co/1b1s0awcrw#YehHaiNayiDilli #IPLRetention pic.twitter.com/FEOplhKUdh
- 22:02 (IST)CSK have named Jadeja as their first retention followed by MS Dhoni and two more starsCSK have retained four big stars with MS Dhoni being the second retentionRavindra Jadeja - 16 crMS Dhoni - 12 crMoeen Ali -8 crRuturaj Gaikwad - 6 cr
- 21:56 (IST)SRH have surprised everyone by retaining two uncapped playersSRH have gone in with two uncapped players and their dependable captainKane Williamson - 14 crAbdul Samad - 4 cr (uncapped)Umran Malik - 4 cr (uncapped)
- 21:53 (IST)PBKS have retained a youngster along with a dependable batterPunjab Kings have retained only two players and have 72 crore in their purse left nowMayank AgarwalArshdeep Singh
- 21:46 (IST)MI ave gone with their four most trusted and skilful playersMI have retained four players and they had to let go of some really talented playersRohit Sharma - 16 crJasprit Bumrah - 12 crSuryakumar Yadav - 8 crKieron Pollard - 6 cr
- 21:35 (IST)RCB name three players that will retain going ahead in IPL cricketHere's the list of players retained by RCBVirat Kohli -15 crGlenn Maxwell - 11 crMohammed Siraj - 7 crIt looks like Kohli has taken a pay-cut from 17 to 15 crore
- 21:09 (IST)Bairstow, Jason Roy and David Warner hint that they may not be retained by SRHLooks SRH may not retain Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy and David WarnerAll three players commented on a team photograph posted by SRH on InstagramHere's what they had to say:Bairstow: "Thank you all for your support! Hopefully at some point our paths cross again in the future!"Roy: "Loved the opportunity to represent this team. Thanks for the support for the short amount of time I was there"Warner: "Thanks to all of you for your support over the years, up and downs, my family and I can't stress enough how much we appreciated the love and passion you showed towards us and the team. Candice and I truely wish all the fans the very best for the future and hope who ever you wish to support the best. Love the Warner's."
- 20:37 (IST)Rajasthan Royals have decided to retain captain Sanju Samson: Sources close to NDTVSources close to NDTV recently reported that 2008 IPL winner Rajasthan Royals have decided to retain captain Sanju Samson ahead of the IPL mega auctionSamson scored 484 runs in 14 matches at an average 40.33 and a strike-rate of 136.72His IPL 2021 journey included one century and two fifties
- 20:34 (IST)S Badrinath recently named 4 players which current champions CSK could retainEx-India and CSK batter S Badrinath named four players IPL champions CSK could retain ahead of the mega auction next monthHe named MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf Du Plessis
- 20:32 (IST)As per NDTV sources, Royal Challengers Bangalore are likely to retain former captain Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell while Rajasthan Royals are all set to keep Sanju Samson in the foldAmong some of the star names who are likely to be retained by their franchise are MS Dhoni (CSK), Rohit Sharma (MI), Rishabh Pant (DC), Kane Williamson (SRH)
- 20:24 (IST)RCB gave information about their "purse break-up" ahead of IPL RetentionsRoyal Challengers Bangalore shared a post on twitter which had the detailed break-up of how the retentions work and the purse break-up in case teams decide to retain the maximum of 4 or less number of players
Any team can retain a max 4 players in total.— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) November 30, 2021
A team can retain a max of 3 Indian players.
A team can retain a max of 2 Overseas players.
A team can retain a max of 2 Uncapped players. #PlayBold #MegaAuction
- 20:21 (IST)Harsha Bhogle speaks about the retention policy guided by star playersHere's what Harsha Bhogle wrote on Twitter about star players guiding the retention policy of the franchisesIt will be interesting to see what players the teams choose to retain going further in the event
Retention would have been guided by match winning skills and their relative scarcity obviously, but also by long term value (Morgan, Karthik, Faf, Dhawan, Warner, Gayle), injury worry and availability (Archer, Stokes) and personal ambition (Rahul, Shreyas, Rashid)...— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) November 30, 2021
- 20:09 (IST)Hello and welcome to the much-awaited event: The IPL RetentionsWhat a night we have on our hands as we bring to you the Live Updates from IPL Retentions ahead of the mega auction and the IPL 2022 seasonFate of some star players from all franchises are set to be decided today. So sit back and follow as we bring to you the Live BlogLive action starts at 09:30 pm, November 30
It is time to find out who is being retained ahead of the mega #IPLAuction!— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) November 29, 2021
Catch the #VIVOIPLRetentionLive updates and news as they break:
Nov 30, 9:30 PM onwards | @StarSportsIndia & @DisneyPlusHS pic.twitter.com/ziB1FQBDw6