India vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: West Indies 86/1 At Stumps After Virat Kohli Century Powers India To 438
IND vs WI, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: West Indies were 86 for 1, trailing India by 352 runs at Stumps on Day 2 of the second Test.
IND vs WI, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: West Indies were 86 for 1, trailing India by 352 runs at Stumps on Day 2 of the second Test in Port of Spain, Trinidad. Openers Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul stitched solid opening stand of 71 runs before Ravindra Jadeja got better of Chanderpaul. Earlier, Virat Kohli scored 121 as India posted 438 runs in their first innings. Rohit Sharma (80), Ravindra Jadeja (61, Yashasvi Jaiswal (57) and Ravichandran Ashwin (56) scored half-centuries to help India's cause. West Indies skipper Kraigg Brathwaite won the toss and opted to bowl first on Thursday. (Scorecard)
Here are the Highlights of Day 2 of the second Test between India and West Indies in Trinidad
- 03:11 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Stumps!That is the end of play on Day 2. West Indies must be pleased with their performance as they not only bundled India out for 438, but also put 86 runs on the board at the loss of only one wicket. Earlier, it was Virat Kohli's 29th Test century that had powered India to a big total. The hosts trail India by 354 runs at Stumps.WI 86/1 (41)
- 02:46 (IST)IND vs WI Live: OUT!Ravindra Jadeja provides India the first and much-needed breakthrough! Tagenarine Chanderpaul is out for 33 runs. It was a fuller ball outside off. Chanderpual wanted to go for a big one but got an edge on it and Ravichandran Ashwin took the catch at short third man. West Indies 71/1 vs India (438).
- 02:10 (IST)IND vs WI Live: FOUR!23.2 - A fuller delivery on the pads from Ravindra Jadeja and Kraigg Brathwaite whipped it away through the mid-wicket region for a four. That was a confident shot from the West Indies skipper. These are worrying signs for Indian bowlers, who are struggling at the moment.WI 55/0 (24)
- 02:01 (IST)IND vs WI Live: 50 up for Windies!Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul have added unbeaten 50 runs for the opening wicket. This is superb batting from the pair. When they entered to bat, India had already posted a big total of 438. However, both the batters kept their cool and remained patient to keep West Indies solid.WI 50/0 (22)
- 01:43 (IST)
- 01:09 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Good start from West Indies!West Indies openers Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul have done a really good job so far while facing the new ball. Chanderpaul has scored only 6 runs off 33 balls at a strike rate of 18.18, but the most important thing is that he is still standing there unbeaten with his captain Chanderpaul at the other end.WI 23/0 (11)
- 23:33 (IST)IND vs WI Live: OUT!Jaydev Unadkat has been stumped on the bowling of Jomel Warrican. The left-arm orthodox bowled it around length and Unadkat attempted to play a slog sweep on it. The batter had gone far away from his crease by the time wicketkeeper Joshua Da Silva collected the ball behind the stumps and whipped off the bails. India are 416/8 vs West Indies.
- 23:06 (IST)
- 22:50 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Good review from Ashwin!Ravichandran Ashwin was given LBW out by the umpire but he reviewed and it eventually turned to be a really good decision. A good length ball caught Ashwin in front of the stumps, but ball tracking revealed that it would have missed the leg stump by a bare margin.IND 395/7 (114.2)
- 22:46 (IST)IND vs WI Live: WICKET!What a poor game from Ishan Kishan! He has been caught behind at the score of 21 on the bowling of Jason Holder. The Windies pacer bowled it well outside off stump but Kisan went chasing it and edged the ball in the process. Joshua Da Silva comfortably took the catch behind the stumps. India are 393/7 vs West Indies.
- 21:36 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Lunch!It was a shared session as West Indies claimed two wickets. They got Virat Kohli as run out while Kemar Roach got better of Ravindra Jadeja. However, before that Kohli raced to his 29th Test ton and Jadeja hit his 19th fifty in the format. Contributions from the duo keep India in the driving seat despite getting six down vs Windies. Ravidhandran Ashwin and Ishan Kishan will resume India's innings after Lunch.IND 373/6 (108)
- 21:15 (IST)IND vs WI Live: OUT!Ravindra Jadeja is caught behind for 61 on the bowling of Kemar Roach. It was initially given not out by umpire Marais Erasmus but West Indies went upstairs. A relook on it with the help of UltraEdge this time revealed that Jadeja got a faint edge there. A real small one but enough for West Indies to celebreate. India are 360/6 vs West Indies
- 21:09 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Short and punished!It was a short ball sliding down the leg stump from Jomel Warrican. Ishan Kishan was quick to transfer his weight on the backfoot and hit the ball away for a four towards the square leg. The short leg fielder got saved by a bare margin as it was hit really hard and would have injured him.IND 358/5 (102.2)
- 21:04 (IST)IND vs WI Live: FOUR from Kishan!A four from Kishan Kishan which is also his first in Test cricket. He stepped out of his crease and slammed Jomel Warrican's flighted delivery for a four down the ground. "Catch it" was the call, most likely from the Windies keeper Joshua Da Silva, but it went like a bullt, giving no chance to the bowler to catch it.IND 354/5 (101)
- 20:56 (IST)IND vs WI Live: FOUR!A short ball well outside off and Ravindra Jadeja threw his bat to it for a four. He got an outside edge but the ball comfortably flew over the slip fielder to run for a boundary. Windies need to bowl tight, especially in this phase when they have a new batter in Ishan Kishan at the other end.IND 346/5 (99.4)
- 20:51 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Kohli is OUT!!!Oh, would you believe it? Virat Kohli is run out on his individual score of 121. He got an inside edge towards the square leg. The batter stepped forward and then stopped for a moment before he decided to steal a single. Alzarri Joseph came in running and hit the stumps at the other end, catching Kohli short of his crease. India 341/5 against West Indies.
- 20:42 (IST)IND vs WI Live: India in control!Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja are solid in the crease. The duo has added 155 runs for the fifth wicket and West Indies deperately need a wicket to keep their morale boosted. The way this game is going, it seems Kohli and Jadeja have to do a mistake only then Windies are going to get the breakthrough.IND 337/4 (97)
- 20:04 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Century for Virat Kohli!A four on the off side and there is the century number 29 for Virat Kohli in Test cricket. That is his first overseas ton in the format since December 2018. Kohli must be a relieved man now. This has been a really patient knock from the star batter. He took 21 balls on Friday to get off the mark and then kept himself in control on Day 2 to race to his century.
- 19:19 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Kohli surpasses Kallis for big milestoneVirat Kohli on Friday surpassed South Africa's Jacques Kallis to become the fifth-highest run-scorer in international cricket history. He achieved the feat with his unbeaten on 87 in 161 balls on the first day of the ongoing Test match. His knock included eight boundaries. Which four players are ahead of Kohli in the run-scorers' chart? Check HERE
- 19:08 (IST)IND vs WI Live: A historic game for Kohli!The match is Virat Kohli's 500th in international cricket. With his appearance in this Test, he joined the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Mahela Jayawardena, Kumar Sangakkara, Sanath Jayasuriya, Ricky Ponting, MS Dhoni, Shahid Afridi, MS Dhoni, Rahul Dravid - all of whom have played over 500 games in the international stage. Read more details HERE
- 18:53 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Jaiswal - a star in the making!Yashasvi Jaiswal scored 171 runs in his maiden Test innings and then hit a 50 in the follow up. He is a promising young talent and has a really bright future ahead. No offence to the West Indies, but Jaiswal will be having a tougher test against the higher ranked teams in the upcoming times. A star is in the making.
- 18:38 (IST)IND vs WI Live: Good news for Team India!The BCCI on Friday shared important medical and fitness updates on five top players. Pacers Jasprit Bumrah and Prasidh Krishna are in the final stages of their rehab, batters KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer have resumed batting in the nets while Rishabh Pant has commenced batting as well as keeping in the nets, informed BCCI in a release. Read in detail HERE
- 18:24 (IST)IND vs WI Live: How India fared on Day 1!India posted 288 runs at the loss of four wickets on the opening day of the second Test after West Indies skipper Kraigg Brathwaite won the toss and opted to bowl first. Rohit Sharma and Yashasvi Jaiswal stitched a solid 139-run stand for the first wicket. The youngster fell for 57 while Rohit went on to score 80. Shubman Gill failed once again by scoring only 10 runs. However, the 87 not out from Virat Kohli made sure India ended the day on a high. Check the highlights HERE