India vs West Indies Highlights, 2nd Test Day 1: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma Shine As India Reach 288/4 At Stumps vs WI
WI vs IND, 2nd Test, Day 1 Highlights: Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma put India in control against West Indies.
WI vs IND, 2nd Test, Day 1 Highlights: India scored 288 for four against West Indies at stumps on the opening day of the second Test. Skipper Rohit Sharma (80 off 143 balls), Yashasvi Jaiswal (57 off 74) and Virat Kohli (87 batting) struck half-centuries for the visitors after being sent into bat. Ravindra Jadeja (36 batting) was giving Kohli company at the crease at close of play. For West Indies, Jason Holder (1/30), Jomel Warrican (1/55), Kemar Roach (1/64) and Shanon Gabriel (1/50) picked up a wicket each.(Scorecard)
Here are the Highlights of Day 1 of the second Test between West Indies and India from Trinidad
- 03:07 (IST)WI vs IND Live: End of Day 1!Stumps on Day 1 and India are 288 for the loss of four wickets. Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja are unbeaten for the visitors and this partnership has been crucial for their cause. Day 2 will be crucial for both sides and if West Indies fail to strike early, it has been yet another tough day.
- 02:37 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Sixth bowler for WI!West Indies have come up with a sixth bowler in Alick Athanaze. The hosts fought back but this partnership between Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja has steadied the India innings. Still no breakthrough for the visitors with less than 30 minutes to play.India 273 for the loss of four wickets.
- 01:57 (IST)
- 01:48 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Match Recap!Following the start of the session, Rohit and Jaiswal looked to complete a 150-run partnership and perhaps record back-to-back centuries each.But the experienced Jason Holder put an end to Jaiswal's innings at 57 runs in 74 balls, consisting of nine fours and a six. The debutant Kirk McKenzie took the catch. India was 139/1.With the help of a boundary from Shubman Gill, India reached the 150-run mark in 35.3 overs. But on the very next ball, Kemar Roach dismissed Gill for 10 off 12 balls, continuing his disappointing series. India was 153/2.India lost another quick wicket as skipper Rohit was dismissed by Jomel Warrican after being bowled. He was dismissed for 80 in 143 balls, consisting of nine fours and two sixes. India was 155/3.Virat Kohli and vice-captain Ajinka Rahane looked to carry the innings forward. Virat on his 500th international match got off the mark with a boundary in his 21st ball.But on the final ball before tea, Rahane was clean bowled by Shannon Gabriel for eight runs. India was 182/4 at the end of the second session.
- 01:17 (IST)WI vs IND Live: 200 up for India!200 comes up for India and this has been a good period for Virat Kohli and Ravindra Jadeja. Both batters have taken the cautious approach since Rahane lost his wicket and they will be looking to stitch together a good partnership.India 201 for the loss of four wickets.
- 01:11 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Different Jadeja!It is not often that Ravindra Jadeja takes a defensive route but considering how much India need this pair to rebuild the innings, this seems to be the right approach. Along with Kohli, Jadeja holds an important position in the batting order and this session can decide how the match goes for India.India 198 for the loss of four wickets.
- 00:54 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Slow run rateIndia's run rate has fallen to 3.48 after West Indies were able to take some quick wickets. They were scoring over 4 runs per over but with batters not being able to capitlaise on the foundation provided by the openers, this can get tough for the visitors.India 189 for the loss of four wickets.
- 00:46 (IST)WI vs IND Live: West Indies fightback!West Indies have fought back well with three quick wickets after India were off to a solid start. The Rahane wicket was also crucial as they came into the final session of the match with a lot of confidence. If Virat Kohli loses his wicket right now, the comeback will truly be complete for the hosts.WI 186/4
- 20:35 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Time for drinks!13 overs gone and India are 57 for no loss. Time for drinks and till now, it has been all India. Yashasvi Jaiswal did provide a glimmer of hope for West Indies but it was a tough chance for the fielder. Other than that, it has been impressive batting by both him and Rohit.
- 20:25 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Spin vs Pure form!Jomel Warrican is introduced into the attack and although the India openers are not taking any unnecessary risks, the run rate is quite comfortable for India. Both Rohit and Yashasvi look completely in control and it remains to be seen how much spin will trouble them.India 51 for no loss.
- 20:12 (IST)WI vs IND Live: Shannon Gabriel!Shannon Gabriel has been the only bowler who has looked dangerous for West Indies till now. A constant line just outside the off stump has forced Rohit Sharma to go hunting more than once and it looks like he can turn out to be a problem for the Indian openers.India 32 for no loss.