India vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test Highlights: Ravindra Jadeja's All-Round Show Powers India To Innings Win
IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: India on Sunday defeated Sri Lanka by an innings and 122 runs in the first Test at the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali.
IND vs SL, 1st Test, Highlights: India on Sunday defeated Sri Lanka by an innings and 122 runs in the first Test at the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali. Following on from their first innings total of 174, Sri Lanka could only manage 178 in their second innings. For India, Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin took four wickets each while Mohammed Shami also picked up a couple. Ashwin also surpassed Kapil Dev to become India's second-highest wicket-taker in Test, after Anil Kumble. Earlier, Ravindra Jadeja bagged a five-for as India enforced a follow-on on Sri Lanka. India had taken a 400-run lead. Nissanka completed his fifty but Sri lanka continued to lose wickets at the other end. Sri Lanka had resumed play from their overnight score of 108 for 4. Earlier, Jadeja scored a marathon 175-run knock as declared their first innings at 574 for eight. Apart from him, Rishabh Pant also scored a counter-attacking 96 while Hanuma Vihari, who was promoted up the order, also hit a fifty. Virat Kohli had also played a fine knock of 45 but he missed out on a big score on his 100th Test. Initially, India had won the toss and skipper Rohit Sharma had elected to bat. (SCORECARD)
India XI: Rohit Sharma (captain), Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wicketkeeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav.
Sri Lanka XI: Dimuth Karunaratna (captain), Lahiru Thirimanne, Pathum Nisanka, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjay de Silva, Charith Aslanka, Niroshan Dikwella (wk), Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Embuldeniya, Vishwa Fernando, Lahiru Kumara
Here are the Highlights of Day 3 of the 1st India vs Sri Lanka Test from the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali
- 16:13 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: INDIA WINThat's it it's all over. Played in the air once again by Kumara, this time towards long-off. Shami runs towards his right and pouches it with easy. India win by an innings and 222 runs. Take 1-0 lead in the series.Lahiru Kumara c Mohammed Shami b Ashwin 4 (14)Live Score; SL: 178
- 15:52 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: OUT!That has nipped back in sharply. Fernando was looking to defend but got beaten on the inside edge and was struck on the back leg. Umpire raises his finger but he reviews it. However, DRS confirms his departure.Vishwa Fernando lbw b Mohammed Shami 0 (5)Live Score; SL: 170/9
- 15:32 (IST)
- 15:26 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: FOUR RUNS!A length ball wide of off stump. Dickwella reaches out and opens his bat face to steer it through the vacant gully region and past the vacant third man boundary. Cracking shot. Dickwella is looking in his groove. He has already played some solid shots.Live Score; SL: 149/7
- 14:07 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: OUT!Taken at extra cover. A soft dismissal. Tossed up around middle and leg. Dhananjaya looks to go inside out but the ball just dips at him and he ends up chipping it towards Shreyas Iyer, who pouches it easily.Dhananjaya de Silva c Iyer b Jadeja 30 (58)Live Score; SL: 94/4
- 12:55 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: OUT!It's on the fuller side of a length, and it's angling into the stumps, but it hits the seam and straightens. He looks to push towards mid-on, gets a thick edge that dies on its way to the keeperKarunaratne c Pant b Mohammed Shami 27 (46)Live Score; SL: 45/3 (f/o)
- 12:24 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: ASH STRIKES AGAIN!Ashwin strikes again. India in command. After hitting a fifty in the first innings, Nissanka fails to do the same in the second. This one doesn't turn too much, and Nissanka, stretching out to defend, gets a feather of an outside edge - which Snicko reveals - through to Pant.Pathum Nissanka c Pant b Ashwin 6 (19)Live Score; SL: 19/2 (f/o)
- 11:27 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: WICKET!OUT! Breakthrough for India. Ashwin strikes. A superb catch by Rohit, going low to his right at second slip. Tossed up around off, Thirimanne comes forward to defend but the ball spins away to take the outside edge and the skipper does the restLahiru Thirimanne c Sharma b Ashwin 0 (9)SL: 9/1 (F/O)
- 11:11 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: 5 FOR JADEJA!FIVE-FOR for Jadeja. Sri Lanka have been bowled out for 174. India take a 400-run lead. Jadeja is the first man in 49 years to score 150 and take a 5-for in the same Test. India have enforced the follow-on.Live Score; SL: 174 all out; India lead by 400
- 10:50 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: JADEJA STRIKES AGAIN!Jadeja strikes twice in the same over. Fuller around off, Lakmal skips down the track and looks to hit it over the bowler's head. Ends up miscuing it and Ashwin settles under it at mid-offSuranga Lakmal c Ashwin b Jadeja 0 (2)Live Score; SL: 164/7
- 10:34 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: OUT!WHAT A REVIEW! Pant probably felt that was probably going up. But Rohit goes for it. magic from Bumrah. Slower offcutter, straightening from the fuller side of a length, and Asalanka is completely deceived.Charith Asalanka lbw b Bumrah 29 (64)Live Score; IND: 161/5
- 10:27 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: FOUR RUNS!50 partnership between Nissanka and Asalanka comes up with that four. Asalanka sweeps again, and nails it again. A flighted length ball pitching just outside off, and he hammers it in the air, over the vacant forward square leg regionLive Score; SL: 156/4
- 09:52 (IST)
- 09:44 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: DROPPED!Nissanka survives. Good effort from Shreyas Iyer. Ashwin floats up another outside off, and this one dips on Nissanka as he looks to step out and hit over mid-off. Ends up dragging it much wider than he wants, in the direction of deep square leg, and Iyer, running to his right and diving, can't quite hold on
- 08:04 (IST)IND vs SL, 1st Test, Day 3 Live Updates: GOOD MORNING!Hello and welcome to our Live coverage of Day 3 of the ongoing first Test between India and Sri Lanka from the IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali. Team India will eye a few early wickets, having taken four during the final session on Day 2. Sri Lanka, on the other hand, will hope that Pathum Nissanka and Chrith Asalanka can steady their ship. Stay tuned for all the exciting action.