IND vs NZ 2nd Test Day 3 Highlights: India 5 Wickets Away With New Zealand Staring Down The Barrel
India vs New Zealand 2nd Test Day 3 Highlights: Chasing an improbable 540 runs to win against India, New Zealand ended Day 3 at 140/5 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
India vs New Zealand 2nd Test, Day 3: Chasing an improbable 540 runs to win against India, New Zealand ended Day 3 at 140/5 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Daryl Mitchell so far has been the top-scorer for the visiting team with his 60-run knock and added 73 runs for the fourth wicket with Henry Nicholls (36 not out) before he was dismissed by Axar Patel. Henry Nicholls remained unbeaten on Day 3 and with all-rounder Rachin Ravindra (2 not out) giving him company. For India, Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers as he took three wickets. Ashwin also added another feather to his cap as he became the only Indian to pick 50 Test wickets in a calendar year four times (2015, 2016, 2017, 2021*), Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh have picked 50 wickets 3 times in a calendar year. Earlier, India declared their second innings at 276/7 where New Zealand spinner Ajaz Patel was the best bowler yet again with his 4 wickets in the second innings of Indian batting. Ajaz now also holds the record for best bowling figures against India in Test cricket as he took a total of 14 wickets (4/106 & 10/119) in the ongoing match in Mumbai. (IND vs NZ SCORECARD 2nd Test Day 3)
New Zealand Playing XI: Tom Latham(c), Will Young, Daryl Mitchell, Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Tom Blundell(w), Rachin Ravindra, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, William Somerville, Ajaz Patel
India Playing XI: Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Jayant Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Here are the Highlights of India vs New Zealand 2nd Test Match Straight From Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai
- 17:22 (IST)Day 3 Stumps: India In Full Control, Need 5 Wickets To Win!Here's comes to the end of Day 3 of Mumbai Test between India and New Zealand. In a big chase of 540 runs New Zealand have lost their five wickets with just 140 runs on the board. Daryl Mitchell top-scored for the visiting team till now with his 60-run knock and added 73 runs with Henry Nicholls for the fourth wicket before he was dismissed by Axar Patel. Henry Nicholls remained not out on Day 3 and he was joined by all-rounder Rachin Ravindra in the middle minutes before the day's play ended.Do join us tomorrow on Day 4 where we might get the result of this game.IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand (140/5 & 62) need 400 runs against India (276/7 d & 325) to win
- 16:49 (IST)Axar Removes Mitchell!Axar Patel Strikes and finally a wicket!! Daryl Mitchell is out, caught by Jayant Yadav. New Zealand have lost their fourth wicket in the chase. 73-run partnership broken by Axar Patel.Daryl Mitchell c Jayant Yadav b Axar 60(92) (4s-7 6s-2)IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 128/4, need 412 runs to win
- 16:28 (IST)Daryl Mitchell Hits Fifty!Umesh Yadav to Daryl Mitchell, FOUR!! Fifty up for Mitchell and he deserve this half-century. Partnership is also 54 now. 3rd Test fifty for Daryl Mitchell!IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 109/3, need 431 runs to win
- 15:55 (IST)Ashwin Goes Past Kumble, Harbhajan To Achieve Another Big Milestone!Most 50+ Tests wickets in a calendar year by Indian-4 - R Ashwin (2015, 2016, 2017, 2021)*3 - Anil Kumble (1999, 2004, 2006)3 - Harbhajan Singh (2001, 2002, 2008)2 - Kapil Dev (1979, 1983)Most Tests wickets in 2021-50 Ravichandran Ashwin*44 Shaheen Afridi39 Hasan Ali35 Axar Patel*IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 76/3, need 464 runs to win
- 15:20 (IST)Successful DRS By India, New Zealand Lose Second Wicket!Ashwin to Will Young, appeal for catch but umpire turned it down. India reviewed and they got the result as the ball touched Will Young's gloves.Will Young c (sub) Suryakumar Yadav b Ashwin 20(41) (4s-4)IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 45/2, need 495 runs to win
- 15:03 (IST)Injuries Update From BCCI!"Mayank Agarwal got hit on his right forearm while batting in the second innings. He has been advised not to take the field as a precautionary measure, said BCCI in a tweet."Shubman Gill got a cut on his right middle finger while fielding yesterday. He will not be taking the field today, the tweet further said.
UPDATE - Mayank Agarwal got hit on his right forearm while batting in the second innings. He has been advised not to take the field as a precautionary measure.— BCCI (@BCCI) December 5, 2021
Shubman Gill got a cut on his right middle finger while fielding yesterday. He will not be taking the field today.
- 14:18 (IST)Day 3, Tea: Ashwin Strikes, Latham Waste Review!Ashwin to Latham, appeal for LBW and yes umpire has raised his finger. Latham had reviewed the decision but the result was same as the ball was hitting the wicket clearly. Umpires have also called for early Tea as there was some problem with the spider camera.Latham lbw b Ashwin 6(15) (4s-1)IND vs NZ Live Score: (New Zealand 13/1 & 62) need 527 runs to win against India (276/7 d & 325)
- 14:09 (IST)Ajaz Patel Scripts History In Mumbai!Best match bowling figure against India14/225 Ajaz Patel, Mumbai 202113/106 Ian Botham, Mumbai 1980Best match bowling figures at Wankhede14/225 Ajaz Patel v IND 202113/106 Ian Botham v IND 198012/167 Ravi Ashwin v ENG 2016Best match bowling figures for New Zealand15/123 Richard Hadlee v AUS 198514/225 Ajaz Patel v IND 202112/149 Daniel Vettori v AUS 2000A boundary from Ashwin's first over.IND vs NZ Live Score: New Zealand 11/0, need 529 runs to win
- 13:53 (IST)New Zealand Need 540 Runs To Win!Ajaz takes Jayant's wicket caught and bowled!!Ajaz takes his 14 wicket in this game and now he holds the best bowling figure by a bowler against India in Test cricket.So, India have declared at 276/7 and New Zealand need 540 runs to win with two days and one and a half session still remaining in the game. It will be a tough job for New Zealand but the Test champions will not give up easily.New Zealand need 540 runs to beat India in Mumbai Test