India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test Day 1 Highlights: Virat Kohli, Fast Bowlers Put India Ahead On Day 1
Ind vs Ban 2nd Test Day 1 Highlights: Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara scored half-centuries to put India in the driver's seat at Day 1 of the the pink-ball Test against Bangladesh.
Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara scored half-centuries to help India lead Bangladesh by 68 runs at stumps on Day 1 of the historic day-night Test at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Pujara completed his 24th Test fifty, while Kohli smahsed his 23rd Test half-century. Pujara couldn't see the end of day's play as he got out on 55 but Kohli remained unbeaten on 59 runs. India vice-skipper Ajinkya Rahane was not out on 23 off 22 balls. India lost their openers Rohit Sharma and Mayank Agarwal cheaply. Mayank Agarwal was the first wicket to fall for India as he was dismissed by Al-Amin Hossain for 14 after India began their innings after bowling Bangladesh out for 106. Rohit was dismissed soon after tea break as Ebadat Hossain deceived him with a beautiful delivery and ended his innings when he was on 21. Earlier, Indian fast bowling trio of Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami wreaked havoc on Bangladesh in the first two sessions. Ishant Sharma leading India's domination with the ball claimed his 10th five-wicket haul in Test cricket. Umesh Yadav picked up three wickets while Mohammed Shami dismissed two batsmen. (LIVE SCORECARD)
Highlights Between India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test Match Day 1, Straight From Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
2nd Test, Bangladesh in India, 2 Test Series, 2019, Nov 22, 2019
India beat Bangladesh by an innings and 46 runs
- 20:37 (IST)India 174/3 at stumps on Day 1!Ajinkya Rahane defends the last ball of the day to remain unbeaten on 23. Indian skipper Virat Kohli is unbeaten on 59 at the other end. India end day's play leading Bangladesh by 68 runs.
- 20:07 (IST)Virat Kohli scores his 23rd Test fifty!Virat Kohli fetches Ebadat Hossain's delivery from outside off and pulls it towards mid-wicket for a boundary bringing up his 23rd Test half-century in the process.
- 20:02 (IST)Ebadat Hossain removes Pujara for 55!Ebadat Hossain gives Bangladesh the second breakthrough as he removes Pujara for 55 and there comes his celebratory salute. Hossain bowled with a scrambled seam and caught Pujara by surprise after he the ball bounced more than what he anticipated. The ball hit high on the grill and went straight to the slip.
- 19:52 (IST)
- 19:49 (IST)Pujara reaches fifty with a single!Cheteshwar Pujara reaches his 24th Test half-century with a single off the bowling of Ebadat Hossain. He raises his bat in delight and Eden Gardens erupts as they acknowledge his effort.
- 19:15 (IST)India lead Bangladesh by one run!Abu Jayed bowls wide of off and Cheteshwar Pujara steers it towards third man for two runs and with that India have taken one run lead.
- 19:10 (IST)Virat Kohi completes 5,000 runs as Test captain!Virat Kohli becomes the quickest to complete 5,000 runs as Test captain. He surpassed Australian great Ricky Ponting on the list.
- 18:09 (IST)Rohit departs after scoring two boundaries!Ebadat Hossain completely deceives Rohit Sharma who offered no shot and ten umpire has raised his finger. Rohit goes for a review and the replay shows the ball was clipping the top of off stump. The on-field decision stays and Rohit's inning comes to an end.