India vs Sri Lanka Highlights, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Gritty India Hold Nerve To Beat Sri Lanka, Book Final Spot
IND vs SL, Asia Cup Super 4 Highlights: Kuldeep Yadav shone with the ball once again as India defeated Sri Lanka by 41 runs in a low-scoring thriller in Colombo.
India vs Sri Lank, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4 Highlights: Kuldeep Yadav shone with the ball once again as India defeated Sri Lanka by 41 runs in a low-scoring thriller at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on Tuesday. Defending a total of 213, India bundled out Sri Lanka for 172 runs. Earlier, Dunith Wellalage and Charith Asalanka helped the hosts bundle India out for a below-par total on the spin-friendly wicket in Colombo. Wellalage returned with a five-wicket haul (5 for 40) while Asalanka picked 4 for 18. Rohit Sharma with a 53-run knock was the highest scorer for the Indian side. India skipper Rohit had won the toss and opted to bat. (Scorecard)
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul(w), Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis(w), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(c), Dunith Wellalage, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Matheesha Pathirana
Asia Cup 2023 Highlights | India vs Sri Lanka | IND vs SL, Super 4 match:
- 23:07 (IST)IND vs SL: India halt SL juggernaut!Sri Lanka have finally lost an ODI match. Their 13-match winning streak has been broken by India and what a pure roller-coaster ride this was! It tested India, it tested Sri Lanka but they are Rohit Sharma and Co. who end up on the winning side. They held their nerves well and deserved this win. You also need to give credit to Sri Lanka. They fought really well but India were a bit better than them.
- 22:44 (IST)IND vs SL: Close chance!On the first ball of Ravindra Jadeja's last over, Maheesh Theekshana hit the ball to the right of the bowler and tried to take a single. As Jadeja was quick to get to the ball both the batters stopped at one point and then resumed the run. Jadeja picked the ball and threw it on the turn. However, the ball missed the stumps to see Theekshana survive. Sri Lanka need 44 runs in 60 balls.SL 170/7 (40)
- 22:14 (IST)India vs Sri Lanka Live: Sri Lanka in control!Indian players are feeling the pressure now. Even Jasprit Bumrah has seemed ineffective in his second spell. He has conceded 9 runs off two overs after coming back into the attack but has remained wicketless in this phase. Sri Lanka need 62 runs more now.SL 152/6 (34)
- 21:59 (IST)IND vs SL: Drinks break!Sri Lanka are proceeding well in this chase. Dunith Wellalage and Dhananjaya de Silva have added 34 runs off 36 balls for the seventh wicket so far. No wicket for India in the last six overs. Sri Lanka need 81 more to win off the remaining 114 balls. What a game!SL 133/6 (31)
- 21:37 (IST)IND vs SL: OUT!Ravindra Jadeja is back into the attack and he has taken a wicket on the very first ball on his return. The ball spun away from Sri Lanka skipper Dasun Shanaka and his counterpart Rohit Sharma took a really good catch, diving to his right at first slip. India are back in the game!SL 99/6 (25.1)
- 21:28 (IST)India vs Sri Lanka Live: Good over for Sri Lanka!Two good shots from Dhananjaya de Silva in Axar Patel's second over. Nine runs came off it. Axar has seemed ineffective so far. On one hand, where Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja are troubling the Sri Lanka batters, Axar has failed to replicate it.SL 93/5 (23)
- 20:42 (IST)IND vs SL: India lose a review!India have lost a review thanks to a desperate Rohit Sharma. A Kuldeep Yadav delivery missed the outside edge of Asalanka's bat and rising really well off the surface. Rohit Sharma grabbed the ball at first slip and went for a review despite wicketkeeper KL Rahul indicating that there was no edge.SL 43/3 (11.2)
- 20:25 (IST)
- 20:13 (IST)Live Cricket Score: OUT!That's the brilliance of Jasprit Bumrah. The surface is to assist the spinners but he has claimed another wicket here. It was a slower ball mastered with treachery and Kusal Mendis went for his shot early. As a result, he handed an easy catch to substitute fielder Suryakumar Yadav at cover.SL 25/2 (6.4)
- 19:30 (IST)IND vs SL: OUT!Axar Patel has hit the Maheesh Theekshana delivery right into the hands of Samarawickrama at long on and that is the end of the Indian innings. They are all out for 213 runs and Sri Lanka need to chase a target of 214. It may seem like a low score but with such spin-friendly conditions, India do have a decent total on the board.