India vs England Highlights, Cricket World Cup 2023 Warm Up: IND vs ENG Match Called Off Due To Rain In Guwahati
IND vs ENG, World Cup Warm Up Highlights: The ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up game between India and England was called off due to heavy rain in Guwahati.
IND vs ENG, ICC World Cup Warm-up, Highlights: The ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up game between India and England was called off due to heavy rain in Guwahati. The match was cancelled without a ball being bowled. Earlier, India skipper Rohit Sharma won the toss and opted to bat. Team India will now face Netherlands in their next warm-up game on October 3. On the other hand, England will take on Bangladesh on Monday. (Scorecard)
Here are the Highlights of the ODI World Cup 2023 Warm-up match between India and England, straight from Guwahati:
- 17:11 (IST)
- 16:41 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: India win gold in men's squash at Asian GamesOn a lighter note, it's a good news for India as their men's squash team has defeated Pakistan in final event and clinched a gold medal at the Asian Games 2023. Read here for the Live Updates.
- 15:18 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: 5 emerging players to watch out for in the ODI WC 2023The crowds will hurry to watch established stars like Ben Stokes, Virat Kohli and Trent Boult but they will also be on the lookout for the new generation of players to emerge from the tournament. Here's a list of five emerging players to watch out for. Read here.
- 13:58 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: Here's what Ravichandran Ashwin saidI honestly wasn't thinking about being here (talking about his late selection for the World Cup). Enjoying the game has been my prime motto for the last four to five years and I would like to do that again in this tournament. I told the media guy that he shouldn't be putting me in front of camera for a while now, but this is probably one of those situations where he said Dinesh Karthik is interviewing you and I obliged the opportunity (chuckles). It's all about making subtle variations (talking about the preparations) and dealing with pressure, all you can do is turn the ball both ways and hope for the best. Pressure is of paramount importance for most players in this tournament. Being in a good space and training to enjoy the game will hold me in good stead i reckon. Want to enjoy the tournament. I don't know I have kept saying this, this could be my last World Cup for India. For me enjoying the tournament is more important.
- 13:39 (IST)
- 13:38 (IST)India vs England Live Score: India's Batting XI, Fielding XIIndia (Batting XI, Fielding XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami
- 13:37 (IST)India vs England Live Score: Here's what Rohit Sharma said at the tossWe gonna bat first. No particular reason, it's very hot out there. Just want to make sure that our bowlers stay fresh and bowl under the lights which is not gonna be so taxing for the bowlers. Because we have been playing lot of cricket off late, so just want to make sure that we are looking after them. We just got to play good cricket, we played 7 or 8 games recently, we want to make sure that the guys stay fresh for the 8th of October. We are playing one of the top teams and everyone (in the team) is fit and ready to go.
- 12:58 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: Good opportunity for India bowlersIt will be a good opportunity for Kuldeep Yadav, Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja to test themselves and it is expected that all bowlers will be taking turns to bowl a few overs. Similarly, one might find that a top player like skipper Buttler or the talismanic Stokes cooling his heels in order to not give a chance to the Indian bowlers to have a go at them.
- 12:26 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: India to test their bowling line-upWith England's philosophy across formats undergoing a sea-change over the last few years and a batting line-up comprising Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone and Moeen Ali sending shivers down the spine of any opposition, the home team bowlers will get a chance to test themselves.
- 12:26 (IST)IND vs ENG Live Score: Teams ready for the warm-up gameThe warm-up games don't have an official status. Both teams can use as many players as they want and check out how some of the players respond in specific match situations. However no team would like to go full throttle and expose all their players or strategies during these games.