Other Sports News
- Narinder Batra Removed As IOA Chief After Delhi High Court Strikes Down Life Member Post In Hockey India
The Delhi HC ruled that the position of Life Member and Life President were "illegal" since they were not in consonance with the National Sports Code
- Indian Olympic President Narinder Batra Says He Will Not Run For Second Term
Narinder Batra said in a statement that his "role as President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) requires more time"
- Praggnanandhaa, Indian Chess Grand Master Shocks Anish Giri, To Set Up Chessable Masters Final With Ding Liren
Young Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa became the first Indian player to reach the final of the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour Chessable Masters tournament after he held his nerve to outwit Dutch GM Anish Giri 3.5-2.5 on Wednesday
- "India Is A Land Of Great Opportunities": Nita Ambani On Launch Of Olympic Values Education Programme
In its first year, the programme aims to impact 32,000 children enrolled in 90 schools in the cities of Bhubaneswar and Rourkela and, once in full swing, it will reach around 7 million children.
- Indian Team Should Consider Boycotting Commonwealth Games For Dropping Shooting: Manu Bhaker
In a big jolt to India, shooting as well as wrestling and archery were dropped from the initial list of sports for 2026 Commonwealth Games in Australia
- PM Modi Hosts India's Deaflympics Contingent
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday hosted India's Deaflympics contingent.
- Archery World Cup: India Compound Mixed Team To Fight For Bronze
India's mixed team of compound archers will be fighting for a bronze medal after its semi-final defeat while the recurve team put up yet another dismal show at the World Cup (Stage Two) here on Friday.
- Archery World Cup Stage 2: Indian Women's Team Wins Recurve Bronze
Indian women archers won a team bronze in the recurve section to take their medal's tally to three at the World Cup Stage 2 here on Thursday.
- Archery World Cup: Indian Men's Compound Team Shocks South Korea To Enter Final, Women Win Bronze
Indian men's team will face France in Saturday's final in what will be a replay of the gold medal match from the Stage 1 World Cup from last month
- Wrestler Satender Malik Gets Life Ban After Assaulting Referee Jagbir Singh During CWG Trials
Satender Malik launched a physical assault on referee Jagbir Singh after losing the 125kg final during the Commonwealth Games trials
- Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik Book Commonwealth Games Berths After Winning Trials
Vinesh, who has been struggling right from the Tokyo Games, began well as she did not concede a point till the final.
- India Finish Second In Shooting At Deaflympics
India wrapped up their shooting assignment at the 24th Deaflympics in Caxais do Sul, Brazil, by finishing in second place with three gold and two bronze medals
- Canada Gymnasts Break Silence On Abuses And Sport's "Toxic Culture"
Canadian gymnasts are taking legal action to denounce a "toxic" culture of physical, sexual and psychological abuse by the sport's top brass
- Russia Extends Drug Detention Of US Basketball Star Brittney Griner
A Russian court on Friday extended the pre-trial detention on drug charges of US basketball star Brittney Griner, state media reported.
- Ukrainian Summits Everest 'For Her People' As Records Tumble
The wave of summits also saw the only Ukrainian climber this season, Antonina Samoilova reach the top with her country's flag, her expedition company 14 Peaks Expedition confirmed.
- World Boxing Championships: Nikhat Zareen, Parveen, Manisha Register Comprehensive Wins
Zareen outpunched Mexico's Herrera Alvarez 5-0, while Parveen defeated Ukraine's Mariia Bova by a similar margin.
- Winning start for Lovlina Borgohain At Women's World Boxing Championships, Beats Chen By Split Decision
Returning to competitive boxing for the first time since her podium finish at the Tokyo Games last year, Lovlina (70kg) won by a 3-2 split decision against the Chinese Taipei boxer
- Dmitry Bivol Stuns Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez To Retain WBA Light Heavyweight Title
Unbeaten Dmitry Bivol retained his WBA light-heavyweight world title with a unanimous points decision over Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.