Other Sports News
- MoU Signed For Engagement Of Specially Abled Soldiers In Paralympic Sports
The MoU was signed by Brigadier Dinesh Sharma, Mission Olympic Cell - lndian Army, and Gursharan Singh, Secretary General PCI.
- Supreme Court Appoints Ex-Judge Justice L Nageswara Rao For Amending Constitution Of IOA
A bench headed by Justice D Y Chandrachud said the ex-top court judge would ensure a fair and development-oriented approach for the future of the Olympics in the country
- Anil Khanna Quits As IOA Acting President, Takes Dig At IOC
Khanna took charge of IOA after a court ruling ended Narinder Batra's reign as chief of the apex sports body in the country.
- India To Host Maiden MotoGP Race In 2023
Moto GP: Riders from as many as 19 countries will participate in the event, which will give a major push to trade and tourism in the country, besides generating employment
- Will Appoint A Neutral Person To Run Administration Of IOA: Supreme Court
International Olympic Committee (IOC) on September 8 issued a final warning to IOA to "resolve its governance issues" and hold elections by December, failing which the world sports body will ban India
- Asian Games Medallist MR Poovamma Handed 2-year Ban By Anti-Doping Appeal Panel
The 32-year-old Poovamma's dope sample collected on February 18 last year, during the Indian Grand Prix I in Patiala, had returned positive for stimulant methylhexaneamine
- MotoGP Likely To Make India Debut In Winter Of 2023, Promoters Promise Long Future
MotoGP, the pinnacle of two-wheel racing, could come to India in the winter of 2023 if all goes ahead as planned, providing a massive boost to the stagnant motorsport scene in the country.
- Wrestler Nisha Dahiya Loses Bronze Medal Bout In World Championships
The 24-year-old Nisha, who won a bronze in the U-23 World Championships in 65kg last year, lost to Morais who took the bronze in a victory by fall (VFA) verdict.
- World Wrestling Championships: Vinesh Phogat Wins Bronze In Women's 53kg Defeating Sweden's Emma Malmgren
Vinesh Phogat has joined an elite list of Indian wrestlers to win multiple medals at the World Championships
- Equestrian: Fouaad Mirza Eyes Glory At World Championship
The Asian Games double silver medallist, Mirza is the lone Indian to have qualified for the 15th edition of the World Championship Eventing
- Six-time MotoGP Champion Marc Marquez To Return After Long Absence: Honda
Marc Marquez has been on the sidelines since June when he underwent an operation in the United States on his right arm, fractured in a crash in July 2020
- Deepening Tokyo Olympics Bribery Scandal Casts Shadow Over 2030 Bid
A bribery scandal engulfing last summer's pandemic-delayed Tokyo Games has thrown a dark cloud over Sapporo's 2030 bid and raised fresh questions in Japan about hosting the Olympics again.
- IOC Issues Final Warning To IOA, To Suspend India If Elections Not Held By December
International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Thursday issued a final warning to IOA to "resolve its governance issues" and hold elections by December, failing which the world sports body will ban India
- Neeraj Chopra Starts Favourite In Diamond League Finals, Eye Historic Feat
Neeraj Chopra, Olympic gold medallist, will be eyeing his maiden Diamond League Finals title
- 'Wrath Of God': Israel's Response To 1972 Munich Massacre
Ever since the Mossad intelligence service embarked on its Operation "Wrath of God" to hunt down senior terrorists it blamed for the Munich bloodbath, it has covertly targeted Israel's enemies overseas.
- "Roman Reigns One Of My Toughest Opponents": WWE Star Drew McIntyre To NDTV
In an interview with NDTV, WWE star Drew McIntyre opened up on his upcoming Undisputed WWE Universal Championship title match against Roman Reigns at the Clash at the Castle.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal Opts Out Of World Championships, G Sathiyan To Lead Squad
G Sathiyan, the top-ranked Indian in the world at No. 37, will spearhead the country's challenge in the mens section
- Ultimate Kho Kho: Chennai Quick Guns Defeat Gujarat Giants To Clinch Hattrick Of Wins
Extending his brilliant performance in the league, Ramji Kashyap scored massive 20 points with six dismissals as Chennai Quick Guns finished the thrilling match with a 53-51 score