India vs South Africa 1st ODI Highlights: India vs South Africa Match Abandoned Due To Rain In Dharamsala
IND vs SA 1st ODI Highlights: The ODI series opener between India and South Africa was abandoned without a ball being bowled in Dharamsala.
The first One-Day International of the three-match series between India and South Africa was abandoned due to rain in Dharamsala on Thursday. The toss was delayed earlier due to wet conditions but soon rain started pouring in and eventually the officials called off the match without a ball being bowled. It was the second match inside six months at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Stadium that was called off due to inclement weather. The second match of the series will be played in Lucknow on Sunday while both the sides will travel to Kolkata for the third and final ODI on March 18. According to weather reports, there will be a cloud cover during the second game in Lucknow on Sunday but rain is expected to stay away. (SCORECARD)
Highlights Between India Vs South Africa 1st ODI, straight from HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala
- 17:49 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for tuning in for our coverage of the first ODI between India and South Africa. Rain played spoilsport as the series opener was called off without a ball being bowled in Dharamsala. Hopefully we will get some action in the second ODI that will be played on Sunday in Lucknow. Do join us then.
- 17:21 (IST)Match abandoned!The first ODI between India and South Africa has been abandoned without a ball being bowled in Dharamsala.
The 1st ODI between India and South Africa has been abandoned due to rains.#INDvSA pic.twitter.com/Oc5iO6q9dj— BCCI (@BCCI) March 12, 2020
- 17:02 (IST)Still no update from the ground!There is still no official announcement from the ground as we get closer to the cut-off time.
- 16:26 (IST)The ground is still under covers!The rain is still pelting down in Dharamsala as we get close to the cut-off time for a 20-over per side game. If the game does not start till 6:30pm (IST), the match will be called off.
- 15:51 (IST)It is pelting down now in Dharamsala!Rain is pelting down in Dharamsala and the complete ground is under covers.
The situation now at the HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala..#IndvSA #INDvsSA pic.twitter.com/YswDDNRisK— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) March 12, 2020
- 15:37 (IST)Huge news for IPL fans!As we wait for the first ODI to begin, Sports Ministry has advised the BCCI to host IPL game behind closed doors. Read here
- 14:57 (IST)Rain comes back!We are in for some more delay as the rain is back in Dharamsala. The whole ground is covered once again.
- 14:50 (IST)6:30pm (IST) cut-off time for 20-over game!It is not raining in Dharamsala at the moment but the pitch is still under covers and the cut-off time for a 20-over game is 6:30 PM.
The cut-off time for a 20-over match is 6:30pm IST#INDvSA pic.twitter.com/4pPKJsmRBW— BCCI (@BCCI) March 12, 2020
- 14:08 (IST)Some covers are coming off!The ground staff are taking off some of the covers off the ground. Some positive signs as we wait for the toss.
- 13:46 (IST)Rain has stopped!Some good news coming in from Dharamsala as the rain has stopped for now.
- 13:32 (IST)It is pelting down now in Dharamsala!The rain has picked up in Dharamsala and the ground staff has covered the whole ground with covers.
- 13:20 (IST)It has started to rain in Dharamsala!Bad news coming in from Dharamsala as it has started to rain and the next inspection will be delayed further.
It has started to rain and there will be a further delay https://t.co/TGJbUZrBwt— BCCI (@BCCI) March 12, 2020
- 13:01 (IST)Toss delayed due to wet conditionsThe toss has been delayed due to wet conditions in Dharamsala. An inspection will take place at 1:15 pm
- 11:58 (IST)Pandya returns!Hard-hitting all-rounder Hardik Pandya is back in India colours after a long time out due to injury. Yuzvendra Chahal catches up with him in the latest episode of 'Chahal TV'. Watch:
WATCH: CHAHAL TV with the comeback man Hardik Pandya— BCCI (@BCCI) March 12, 2020
In this segment, @hardikpandya7 talks about his rehabilitation, how much he missed donning Indian colours and shares his message for #TeamIndia fans - by @28anand & @yuzi_chahal
Full video https://t.co/9PvNu3R0gr pic.twitter.com/DFl2CzBtdu
- 11:49 (IST)Hello and welcome!India take on South Africa in Dharamsala today for the first of three ODIs. There is a forecast of rain throughout the day, so that may spoil proceedings, but otherwise it is set to be a cracker of a match.India will be looking to regain their pride after a 3-0 drubbing in the ODI series in New Zealand, but will be given a major boost with Hardik Pandya returning to the side along with Shikhar Dhawan.The visitors, led by Quinton de Kock, will be confident after whitewashing Australia in their three-match ODI series.