Rohit Sharma, Rahul Dravid Press Conference, Highlights: "Need To Define Template For T20Is"
Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma Highlights: India's new head coach and the newly appointed T20I captain addressed the media ahead of the first T20I on Wednesday.
Coach Rahul Dravid and T20I captain Rohit Sharma addressed the media through a virtual press conference ahead of the first match of the series that starts in Jaipur on Wednesday. This was the first time Rahul Dravid spoke at a press conference after he replaced Ravi Shastri as the coach of the Indian cricket team. Apart from giving his vision of Team India going forward, Dravid also spoke about the maintaining the workload management of the team in these difficult times. Rohit Sharma and Dravid both spoke about the need to following their own template for T20Is and not looking at what other teams are doing. Dravid also made it clear that there was no need for separate teams for separate formats.
- 16:39 (IST)Rahul Dravid On Separate Teams For Different Formats!We are not at that point where we are looking for separate teams in different formats. At this time we need to respect the players' physical and mental health. I want to players to be fresh and switched on and these are challenging times so I would want to work with players and ensure they are well rested. We might not have players who play all formats playing all the time and that will be a chance for others to showcase their talent. At this point I am not looking for separate teams in different formats: Rahul Dravid
- 16:36 (IST)India Not To Follow Other Teams' Template, Says Rohit!There are holes we need to fill up. That will be the biggest challenge for us. I'm not going to say that we are going to follow other teams' template. We will do what suits us best. The players play a different role in Syed Mushtaq Ali, franchises and in the national team. We need to define specific role for players.: Rohit Sharma
- 16:33 (IST)Will Allow Players To Play Fearlessly, Says Rohit!I think it's one of the important aspects of the format where people have the assurance and go and take their chances. If it comes off great if not no problem. Our role will be crucial in letting people play fearlessly. We need to give them the assurance: Rohit Sharma
- 16:19 (IST)What Tim Southee Told The Media Yesterday!In the absence of Kane Williamson, veteran pacer Tim Southee will lead the Blackcaps in the first T20I tomorrow. He spoke to the media on Tuesday and this is what he had to say. Click to read
- 16:10 (IST)Coach Rahul Dravid's Day 1 In Office!While we wait for the press conference to start, those interested in how Team India's first practice session went under the guidance of Rahul Dravid, can click here to see a snippet of the training session.
- 16:03 (IST)Recap Of Today's Big News Ahead Of 1st T20I!New Zealand captain Kane Williamson will miss the three-match T20I series to focus on the following two-match Test series that begins on November 25 in Kanpur. Click to read full story