India vs Australia Final Highlights, Cricket World Cup 2023: Heartbreak For India, Australia Clinch Record-Extending 6th Title
India vs Australia Final Highlights, World Cup 2023: Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne saved their best for the last as Australia defeated India to win the title
IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 Final Highlights: Australia are world champions!!! For a record-extending sixth time! The Pat Cummins-led side played like a champion team against the Rohit Sharma-led India and deservedly won the title in Ahmedabad on Sunday. Coming into the match, India were clearly the favourites, being the only undefeated team in the tournament. However, Australia showed once again why they have the most number of World Cup titles as they saved the best for the last. Batting first, the famed Indian cricket team batting line-up failed to fire and set a below-par 241-run target for Australia. For India, Virat Kohli and KL Rahul scored half-centuries while Rohit Sharma slammed 47 off 31 balls. In reply, Australia reached home in just 43 overs with Travis Head top-scoring with a 120-ball 137. (Scorecard)
Here are the Highlights of India vs Australia, Cricket World Cup 2023 Final:
- 22:21 (IST)World Cup Live: Kohli named Player of the Series!Virat Kohli has been named the Player of the Series. Virat Kohli's 765 runs is the most for any batter in the history of the World Cup. Kohli scored his runs at a stunning average of 95.62 and strike rate of 90.31 to hit three centuries and six fifties.
- 21:37 (IST)World Cup Live: 'We stand with you today' - PM Modi to Team Indian
Dear Team India,— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 19, 2023
Your talent and determination through the World Cup was noteworthy. You've played with great spirit and brought immense pride to the nation.
We stand with you today and always.
- 21:28 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: What a show from Australia!Australia started their campaign in the tournament with a 6-wicket defeat to India and now they wrap up the event with a victory of equal margin in the final. After losing to India, Australia also lost to South Africa by 134 runs and that was the last time the side lost a game in the ongoing edition.
- 21:21 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Australia win!!!There is the victory for Australia. Glenn Maxwell hits the winning runs. They have defeated India by 6 wickets in the summit clash. It's a record-extending 6th ODI World Cup title for Australia. They won the first world title back in 1987 and to this date, their dominance in world cricket continues. Meanwhile, you gotta feel for India, who won 10 matches on trot this edition, lost just one but that match happened to be the final.
- 21:09 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Fifty for Labuschagne!A four on the leg side from Marnus Labuschagne and he gets to his half-century with it. He gets there in 99 balls. Strike rate doesn't matter as this innings has played a crucial role alongside that of Travis Head to put Australia right before the victory line.AUS 225/3 (40)
- 20:41 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Century for Travis Head!A single and Travis Head races to his century number 5 in ODI cricket. He gets there in 95 balls. What a terrific knock this is from the Australian southpaw! He saw the team reeling at 47 for 3 and now he has put the team up at 185/3. Australia are only 56 runs away from victory.AUS 185/3 (33.5)
- 20:20 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Poor luck for India!A fuller delivery from Jasprit Bumrah hit Marnus Labuschagne on the front pad. Umpire was unconvinced with the appeal and India went upstairs. Ball tracking revealed that it would have clipped the leg stumps and the decision stayed not out on 'umpire's call'.AUS 157/3 (27.4)
- 20:11 (IST)
- 20:09 (IST)
- 19:45 (IST)
- 19:26 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Australia going well!A four-run over from Kuldeep Yadav. Marnus Labuschagne and Travis Head are happy taking singles against Indian spinners. Australia need 4.64 runs per over so singles could easily help their cause. India need a wicket here to keep themselves in the game.AUS 74/3 (14)
- 19:18 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: An LBW appeal against Head!A fuller ball from Ravindra Jadeja hit Travis Head on the front foot. It was followed by a loud appeal from the Indian players. Umpire was unconvinced and so was wicketkeeper KL Rahul and that was the reason India didn't go upstairs. It was a good decision as the ball was later found to be missing the leg stump.AUS 65/3 (11)
- 19:14 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Nine-run over!Two fours and a single came in it. Australia got nine runs off the over. Marnus Labuschagne has not opened his account yet after playing seven balls, but Travis Head is looking really good. It's the end of first powerplay and now spinner Ravindra Jadeja will bowl from one end.AUS 60/3 (10)