CWG 2022 India Women vs England Women Semi Final Highlights: Smriti Mandhana Stars As India Beat England In Thriller To Reach Final
CWG 2022 IND W vs ENG W Semi Final Highlights: India on Saturday defeated England by four runs to reach the final of the Commonwealth Games.
Commonwealth Games, India vs England Semi-final, Women's Cricket, Highlights: India on Saturday defeated England by four runs to reach the final of the Commonwealth Games. They wiill play either Australia or New Zealand in the final. Chasing a target of 165, England were restricted were restricted to a total of 160 for six in 20 overs. Earlier, Smriti Mandhana and Jemimah Rodrigues played knocks of 61 and 44 respectively as India scored 164/5 in 20 overs. Mandhana registered the fastest fifty for India Women in the shortest format. Earlier, skipper Harmanpreet Kaur failed to stay at the crease for a long haul as she departed after scoring 20. Earlier, India lost wickets of Smriti Mandhana and Shafali Verma in quick succession. After playing a knock of 61, Smriti Mandhana walked back to the pavilion after being dismissed by England captain Nat Sciver. Earlier. Mandhana completed her half-century in the 6th over of the innings and India were completely dominating the 1st semi-final against England of the ongoing Commonwealth Games. Soon after Mandhana's milestone, Shafali Verma ended up losing her wicket. Earlier, India captain Harmanpreet Kaur won the toss and opted to bat against England in the 1st semi-final of the ongoing Commonwealth Games on Saturday. India paved their way into the semis after defeating Barbados by 100 runs in their last group stage fixture on Wednesday. After losing their opening game against Australia by three wickets, India went on to defeat Pakistan by eight wickets. Team India ended their Group A campaign with a total of four points while England, on the other hand, finished at the top of Group B. (SCORECARD)
England:Danni Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Alice Capsey, Nat Sciver (capt), Amy Jones (wk), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Freya Kemp, Issy Wong, Sarah Glenn
India: Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Taniya Bhatia(w), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Sneh Rana, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh
Here are the Highlights of Commonwealth Games 2022 Day 9, Match Between India Women vs England Women, Straight from Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 18:44 (IST)CWG: INDIA BEAT ENGLAND BY 4 RUNS!!!That's it! India reach the final and will battle for the gold medal.
- 18:36 (IST)CWG Live: Run OutSciver falls short! It was a full ball whacked to Mandhana at deep midwicket who came in quickly and threw it in a flash
- 18:33 (IST)CWG Live: Four RunsA six and now a four! Sciver tries to turn a full ball under the knee-roll but it deflects and goes past the left of the diving keeper for four more!
- 18:26 (IST)CWG Live: Run OutRun out! Jones drives to cover and goes for a quick run. Good stuff from the Indians.
- 18:20 (IST)CWG Live: BoundaryJones finds the boundary again! The ball was on a length around sixth stump, but the fact that it was slow and sat up meant she could adjust and whack it hard
- 18:11 (IST)CWG Live: Four RunsRisky shot but lands safely! One bounce and four runs
- 17:58 (IST)CWG Live: BOWLED!!!Wyatt departs! Played into the stumps! Big wicket for India
- 17:49 (IST)CWG Live: Four RunsExcellent use of the feet! Schiver shimmies down the track and lobs it over long-off.
- 17:37 (IST)CWG Live: Four Runs!!Cut away nicely! Wyatt finds the gap and the ball races towards the boundary for a four
- 17:29 (IST)CWG Live: Four RunsBeautiful from Wyatt! She is dangerous during the powerplay, and she is proving it once again.
- 17:25 (IST)CWG Live: OUT!Dunkley departs! Hit on the pads and the umpire raises his finger. Dunkley doesn't review this and walks back to the pavilion.
- 17:12 (IST)CWG LIVE: Four RunsSwung powerfully to deep midwicket! Excellent shot from Dunkley
- 16:58 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India finish at 164/5Jemimah places a beautiful four on the last delivery of the innings as Team India finishes at 164/5.
- 16:57 (IST)Ind vs Eng: WicketOut! Pooja Vastrakar run out by Brunt, as Jemimah was trying to steal a double.
- 16:55 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Pooja Vastrakar entersPooja Vastrakar walks in after Deepti Sharma's dismissal.
- 16:54 (IST)Ind vs Eng: WicketOut! Deepti caught and bowled by Brunt and departed after scoring 22 runs. Team India at 159/4.
- 16:53 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Fifty run partnershipDeepti Sharma scores a fantastic double to bring up a fifty-run partnership with Jemimah. Team India at 157/3 (19.1).
- 16:50 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 155/3 after 19 oversTeam India score 155 runs at a loss of three wickets in 19 overs.
- 16:48 (IST)Ind vs Eng: FOURJemimah hits yet another boundary and completely dominates the English bowling line-up. Team India at 151/3 (18.2).
- 16:46 (IST)Ind vs Eng: FOURJemimah places another four and takes Team India's score at 146/3 at the end of 18 overs.
- 16:44 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Back to back FoursJemimah brings the lost momentum back to Team India with two back to back fours on Sciver's delivery.
- 16:43 (IST)Ind vs Eng: DroppedDropped! Deepti Sharma dropped at 12 by Kemp on Brunt's delivery. Team India at 132/3 (17.0).
- 16:41 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India cross the 130-run markIndia cross the 130-run mark in 16.5 overs, with Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues standing unbeaten at the crease.
- 16:36 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 127/3 after 16 oversIndia's score read at 127/3 after 16 overs.
- 16:35 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Back to back FoursDeepti Sharma successfully steals two back to back fours from Ecclestone. Team India at 124/3 (15.3)
- 16:33 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 115/3 after 15 oversIndia's score read at 115/3 at the end of 15 overs.
- 16:29 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Deepti Sharma walks inDeepti Sharma walks in at the crease after Harmanpreet's dismissal.
- 16:26 (IST)Ind vs Eng: WicketOut!! Big upset for India as Harmanpreet has to depart after getting caught by Maia Bouchier on Kemp's delivery. The India skipper scored 20 runs off 20 balls.
- 16:24 (IST)Ind vs Eng: SIXHarmanpreet continues the carnage and sends another delivery for a huge maximum.
- 16:23 (IST)Ind vs Eng: 100 comes up for IndiaHarmanpreet steals a perfect single to bring up Team India's 100 in 13 overs.
- 16:22 (IST)Ind vs Eng: FOURHarmanpreet places another shot for a boundary. Taking team's total at 97/2 in 12.4 overs
- 16:20 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 92/2 after 12 overTeam India end the 12th over, bowled by Wong, with 7 runs, taking the total score at 92/2.
- 16:17 (IST)Ind vs Eng: FOURHarmanpreet sends Wong's delivery off the boundary rope for a four. Team India at 90/2 (11.2).
- 16:16 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 85/2 after 11 oversIndia's score read at 85/2, at the end of 11 overs.
- 16:14 (IST)Ind vs Eng: FOURJemimah beautifully places it to deep backward point for a four. Team India at 84/2 (10.2)
- 16:13 (IST)Ind vs Eng: India 79/2 after 10 oversAfter two big dismissals, Team India stand at 79/2 at the end of 10 overs.
- 16:12 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Harmanpreet survivesThe reviews comes in favour of Harmanpreet and she survives the LBW appeal. Team India at 78/2 (9.4).
- 16:10 (IST)Ind vs Eng: WicketOut! Umpire singles LBW to Harmanpreet and the skipper goes in for a review
- 16:07 (IST)Ind vs Eng: Harmanpreet walks inIndia skipper Harmanpreet Kaur joins Jemimah Rodrigues at the crease after Mandhana's departure. Team India at 77/2 (9).
- 16:05 (IST)Ind vs Eng: WicketOUT!! Big wicket for England as Mandhana gets caught by Issy Wong on Sciver's delivery and departs after scoring 61 off 32 balls. Team India at 77/2 (8.3)